• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Olympian06

Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

Posted (edited)
Just now, Impartial_Observer said:

Baseball.

What year?  I thought your quote said this year.  That is why I was puzzled.

Edited by Trojan Dad

2 minutes ago, Trojan Dad said:

What year?  I thought your quote said this year.  That is why I was puzzled.

Apparently I was given some erroneous information. They were upset in the first round by a .500 Franklin team. NA was #1 when they were upset by Seymour. 

8 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Apparently I was given some erroneous information. They were upset in the first round by a .500 Franklin team. NA was #1 when they were upset by Seymour. 

Franklin also beat CG earlier in the season 9-3.  CG had a solid year...but was up and down.

33 minutes ago, Trojan Dad said:

Franklin also beat CG earlier in the season 9-3.  CG had a solid year...but was up and down.

My contact at Roncalli said it was a major upset. 

20 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

My contact at Roncalli said it was a major upset. 

Maybe it was... CG had some really nice W's.  Tied for the MIC crown....beat Zionsville at their place.  But lost to Franklin twice, Indian Creek once.  17-10-1 I believe.

50 minutes ago, Trojan Dad said:

Maybe it was... CG had some really nice W's.  Tied for the MIC crown....beat Zionsville at their place.  But lost to Franklin twice, Indian Creek once.  17-10-1 I believe.

Ehhh, you can't believe anything a Roncallite tells you anyway!

7 hours ago, Pirate Pete said:

Silver Creek keeps getting thrown around, but has anyone considered that they may (more likely than not) have zero interest in joining the HHC? They are very competitive in most sports in the MSC, and if this is driven by football only, I can’t see them leaving. They had a nice ball club last season, but have not yet shown that they are ready to win 8-9 games each season against a MSC schedule largely in part for the fact that they have had a football program for less than a decade. Basketball plays several HHC teams each season already. 

If you’re Silver Creek, there is nothing appealing about joining HHC, unless you enjoy longer travels, or just want to take your turn at getting your teeth kicked in by Columbus East.

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I've talked to people at both Charlestown and SC, I can confirm neither have ANY interest in joining the HHC. Gilbert "might" be the only person with a long term eye on getting back to the HHC. I'm pretty sure his coaches at this point in time would run him out if he even suggested it. 

big-fish-little-pond.jpg

11 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

Yes, but wasn’t that done to keep people from leaving the conference?  Wouldn’t something like what HoopsCoach suggested give the conference some long term stability?  

His comment was that adding a third non-conference game would appease Columbus East, Jennings County and Madison to stay in the HHC. That's what I responded to. Would his format work? Yes. I actually liked the alignment. However, Silver Creek has no desire to step up to the HHC and Columbus North has no desire to step down to the HHC. If Conference Indiana falls apart I believe Columbus North would rather join a conference full of Indy area schools than play in the HHC.

2 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

big-fish-little-pond.jpg

I disagree, MSC is a pretty competitive conference across the board. 

16 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I disagree, MSC is a pretty competitive conference across the board. 

Oh come on. Don't you know football is the only sport that matters? Who cares if all of the other sports are competitive. We should make rash decisions on conference affiliation based on the current state of affairs in football!

• Haha 1

If that is the case, shouldn’t the HHC be actively recruiting Brownstown or North Harrison since they have been the class of the MSC in football the last few years? 😉

47 minutes ago, Pirate Pete said:

If that is the case, shouldn’t the HHC be actively recruiting Brownstown or North Harrison since they have been the class of the MSC in football the last few years? 😉

The size difference between Brownstown and the other HHC schools is somewhat large to be considered useful, and a win by either school against a larger foe would be insulting. 

5 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

The size difference between Brownstown and the other HHC schools is somewhat large to be considered useful, and a win by either school against a larger foe would be insulting. 

Brownstown is 6-5 in the last 11 meetings with Seymour. I think that they would be just fine against the HHC’s second tier.

They may not have the same win percentage that they have in the MSC, but to say it would be insulting is interesting .

You have no interest in a team that has pummeled the Silver Creek team that you want so badly every time they have played? Makes sense...

1 hour ago, Pirate Pete said:

Brownstown is 6-5 in the last 11 meetings with Seymour. I think that they would be just fine against the HHC’s second tier.

They may not have the same win percentage that they have in the MSC, but to say it would be insulting is interesting .

You have no interest in a team that has pummeled the Silver Creek team that you want so badly every time they have played? Makes sense...

They don't want any of that famous Brownstown Central wing-T offense.

1 hour ago, Pirate Pete said:

If I had my way, BNL would be a Conference Indiana school.

I’m curious about HHC kids that go on to play college football.  Can anyone give me an estimate of how many kids each school will have on a college football roster next year?  I’m talking about any level. 

13 hours ago, Pirate Pete said:

Playing one cellar dweller each year is a little different than lining up against much larger schools week after week. As I said earlier, trading Eastern Pekin, Clarksville, Scottsburg, etc., for Jeff, NA, BNL, etc. is not as easy as it seems on paper. 

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Playing one cellar dweller each year is a little different than lining up against much larger schools week after week. As I said earlier, trading Eastern Pekin, Clarksville, Scottsburg, etc., for Jeff, NA, BNL, etc. is not as easy as it seems on paper. 

I don’t disagree with you on this point. However, the people calling for Silver Creek are forgetting that the Creek has never beaten Brownstown, and only beaten Charlestown and North Harrison one time each... It just seems to me that it is very premature to plug them into a larger conference when they haven’t been able to win the conference that they are currently in.

Well, now that it's been made public, I can put it out here. James Bragg will be the new Head Coach at Floyd Central after tomorrow nights board meeting . He has previously been the RBs, JV, and Freshman Head Coach at FC. 1 year as a HC in Illinois. I have no idea what his schemes will be? Good luck to coach Bragg.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pirate Pete said:

I don’t disagree with you on this point. However, the people calling for Silver Creek are forgetting that the Creek has never beaten Brownstown, and only beaten Charlestown and North Harrison one time each... It just seems to me that it is very premature to plug them into a larger conference when they haven’t been able to win the conference that they are currently in.

I think SC and Charlestown both get mentioned based on their enrollment and expected growth in the near future. SC is still a pretty new program. I honestly dont see the point in all these off season dream conference scenarios. HHC is locked in as far as members for the foreseeable future. 

• Upvote 1

Conference’s are agreements between schools.  They can be dissolved at anytime.  Just because the members of the HHC agree to stay together in 2017 for an extended period of time doesn’t mean any or all the members can leave if they desire to.  They just have to give the other members notice of their intentions to leave.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

HHC is locked in as far as members for the foreseeable future. 

How long ago was it that Columbus East petitioned the Mid-State for membership?

3 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

Conference’s are agreements between schools.  They can be dissolved at anytime.  Just because the members of the HHC agree to stay together in 2017 for an extended period of time doesn’t mean any or all the members can leave if they desire to.  They just have to give the other members notice of their intentions to leave.  

Fair enough Butter Bean, time will prove one of us has no clue what we’re talking about. 

• Haha 1

Here's an idea- 

1. Send BNL to Conference Indiana

2. Have Martinsville and Columbus North swap conference affiliations 

3. Have Southport and Franklin Central swap conference affiliations.

Now everyone is happy!

49 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Here's an idea- 

1. Send BNL to Conference Indiana

2. Have Martinsville and Columbus North swap conference affiliations 

3. Have Southport and Franklin Central swap conference affiliations.

Now everyone is happy!

Franklin Central just pulled a major coup by getting in to the Hoosier Crossroads.  This is the most valuable conference in the state.  No way they give that up.