• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
DrivenT

New Sports Betting Law - When will it reach highschool football?

Very disturbing developments relative to the legalization of sports gambling nationwide

I abhor the sports gambling culture, and the societal woes it brings along with it

It's an epidemic and a plague that infects this country, and in my view, comparable to the damage done to individuals and families as is the opiod crisis

Both ultimately result in total loss and devastation

Sports Radio is now consumed by gambling. It's become unlistenable for fans who actually follow and support teams for all the right reasons

Not only will they bet on the outcome, but they will bet on wether the next pitch is a strike, or the next play results in a turnover. Ghastly

At this rate, it won't be long before newspapers are publishing betting lines on Friday night high school football games

One day, Joe Millennial is filling out his fantasy football roster, and the next, he is betting the line on the Copper Kettle Rivalry Game

Sad state of affairs, and an indictment on the "no worries" Millennial culture

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I do remember there was a documentary about Masslin OH high school teams who's RIVALRY game against another team could be bet upon in vegas. 

5dimes has taken bets at IHSAA state finals last few years 

***disclaimer ****  NO I HAVE NEVER BET ON ANY GAMES HS COLLEGE OR PRO on off shore places like 5dimes et al

13 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

5dimes has taken bets at IHSAA state finals last few years 

***disclaimer ****  NO I HAVE NEVER BET ON ANY GAMES HS COLLEGE OR PRO on off shore places like 5dimes et al

At the current rate of change, you may no longer have a need to apologize.  :04_v:

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Very disturbing developments relative to the legalization of sports gambling nationwide

I abhor the sports gambling culture, and the societal woes it brings along with it

It's an epidemic and a plague that infects this country, and in my view, comparable to the damage done to individuals and families as is the opiod crisis

Image result for everyone panic gif

Sports Radio is now consumed by gambling. It's become unlistenable for fans who actually follow and support teams for all the right reasons

Yeah, we've never had gambling on sports shows back in the good ol' days . . . 

Image result for jimmy the greek on tv

Not only will they bet on the outcome, but they will bet on wether the next pitch is a strike, or the next play results in a turnover. Ghastly

At this rate, it won't be long before newspapers are publishing betting lines on Friday night high school football games

Betting on high school sports will never be legalized. If you really read into this instead of jumping to your "sky is falling" rhetoric you'd realize New Jersey, the state that pushed for this, is outlawing any betting on college institutions. Still won't stop people from betting on it like they always have been, and if you think people haven't been and won't continue to bet on high school sports in this country then you're naive. 

One day, Joe Millennial is filling out his fantasy football roster, and the next, he is betting the line on the Copper Kettle Rivalry Game

Yep, you're right. We millennials fixed the 1919 World Series . . . my fellow millennials like Paul Hornung, Art Schlichter, and Pete Rose really added to the millennial gambling issue . . .  and lets not even start on those millennial Supreme Court Justices that legalized this . . . 

Image result for current supreme court justices

I mean if that picture doesn't scream millennial . . .  before you know it they're gonna make it law that we have to give participation trophies in professional sports.

Can't trust any of them . . . especially Ruth . . . 

Related image

You can see the millennial in her eyes . . . she's probably going to post her first legally purchased gambling ticket on instagram while eating a locally grown free range chicken burrito 

#millennialgambling 

#thuglifegambling

#declineofwesterncivilization

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

Image result for everyone panic gif

Yeah, we've never had gambling on sports shows back in the good ol' days . . . 

Image result for jimmy the greek on tv

Betting on high school sports will never be legalized. If you really read into this instead of jumping to your "sky is falling" rhetoric you'd realize New Jersey, the state that pushed for this, is outlawing any betting on college institutions. Still won't stop people from betting on it like they always have been, and if you think people haven't been and won't continue to bet on high school sports in this country then you're naive. 

Yep, you're right. We millennials fixed the 1919 World Series . . . my fellow millennials like Paul Hornung, Art Schlichter, and Pete Rose really added to the millennial gambling issue . . .  and lets not even start on those millennial Supreme Court Justices that legalized this . . . 

Image result for current supreme court justices

I mean if that picture doesn't scream millennial . . .  before you know it they're gonna make it law that we have to give participation trophies in professional sports.

Can't trust any of them . . . especially Ruth . . . 

Related image

You can see the millennial in her eyes . . . she's probably going to post her first legally purchased gambling ticket on instagram while eating a locally grown free range chicken burrito 

#millennialgambling 

#thuglifegambling

#declineofwesterncivilization

Outstanding effort!

8 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Outstanding effort!

Image result for thanks bro gif

And they (you) say we millennials have no work ethic 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

Image result for thanks bro gif

And they (you) say we millennials have no work ethic 

It's all relative my friend

2 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

It's all relative my friend

Well relatively to millennials its getting old hearing the generation that raised us blame us for how we were raised.

That aside gambling legalization is long overdue. If John Q. Taxpayer wants to go blow his money betting on sports then he should be allowed to do so. I really don't think this law is going to create a large percentage of more gambling issues, in the end it's going to allow the government and professional sports leagues make millions.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

Well relatively to millennials its getting old hearing the generation that raised us blame us for how we were raised.

damn-millennials-get-off-my-lawn.jpg

gJolw_o2UdMTGarFxC12-h4MX9-Jm2zElPYIzWpz

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

That aside gambling legalization is long overdue. If John Q. Taxpayer wants to go blow his money betting on sports then he should be allowed to do so. I really don't think this law is going to create a large percentage of more gambling issues, in the end it's going to allow the government and professional sports leagues make millions.

I have a millennial daughter

She loathes most millenials too.  She was brought up the right way.  She knows her place in life and she has respect for those who have earned it.  She doesn't wallow thru life with a chip on her shoulder and blame everyone else for her place in life, and constantly on the lookout for a handout.

I think keeping her away from the video game culture helped shield her from all the other bad stuff that comes with it.  Joblessness, drug and alcohol consumption, gambling and dependency.  

It is what it is, but not for her.

5 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I have a millennial daughter

She loathes most millenials too.  She was brought up the right way.  She knows her place in life and she has respect for those who have earned it.  She doesn't wallow thru life with a chip on her shoulder and blame everyone else for her place in life, and constantly on the lookout for a handout.

I think keeping her away from the video game culture helped shield her from all the other bad stuff that comes with it.  Joblessness, drug and alcohol consumption, gambling and dependency.  

It is what it is, but not for her.

Huh?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Huh?

Seems like a lot of young boys of this generation are holed up in their mom's basements bingeing on video games , Netflix and fast food.  Its why Taco Bell now has home delivery and McDonalds curb side pickup.  These dudes are so lazy they cant even go thru the drive up window anymore.  LOL

This type of "non activity" breeds the types of side effects I outlined in my previous post on the matter.  Oh, add crime to the list.  Forgot that one.

Edited by DrivenT

Posted (edited)

The Supreme Court didn't "legalize" sports gambling.  It simply ruled that the The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act was unconstitutional and constituted an overreach of Federal power.  The court's position primarily revolved around the fact that the law was regulating state legislatures and not the actual activity of sports gambling.  The court actually stated that the Federal government has the power to regulate sports gambling directly.  The final summarizing paragraphs of the majority opinion of the court are quite telling:

"The legalization of sports gambling is a controversial subject. Supporters argue that legalization will produce revenue for the States and critically weaken illegal sports betting operations, which are often run by organized crime. Opponents contend that legalizing sports gambling will hook the young on gambling, encourage people of modest means to squander their savings and earnings, and corrupt professional and college sports.

The legalization of sports gambling requires an important policy choice, but the choice is not ours to make. Congress can regulate sports gambling directly, but if it elects not to do so, each State is free to act on its own. Our job is to interpret the law Congress has enacted and decide whether it is consistent with the Constitution. PASPA is not. PASPA “regulate(s) state governments’ regulation” of their citizens, New York, 505 U. S., at 166. The Constitution gives Congress no such power."

Edited by slicer28
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Lets be honest there are plenty of Gen Xers, Baby Boomers, and yes even Greatest Generation folks who pull the same stuff.

24 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

So we've gone from Millennials created the gambling issue to video games create unemployed, drug using alcoholics, who are dependent on others to fund their gambling addictions?

Image result for pump the brakes gif

I grew up on video games. First one ever was Mortal Kombat (otherwise known as the tool of Satan) on Nintendo 64 where people would bleed from the ears when getting kicked in the shin because for some reason everyone in that game had a blood platelet level of zero. Played video games all throughout childhood and adolescence . . . 

I'm employed . . . not addicted to drugs . . . not an alcoholic . . . don't gamble (hit the slots on my 21st birthday, lost $80, never been back) . . . and I'm financially independent . . . 

Guess that makes me a survivor!

Image result for anchorman jump gif

13 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Oh, add crime to the list.  Forgot that one.

Only crime I've ever committed is being ridiculously good looking

Image result for blue steel gif

Uh oh . . . might want to add narcissism to your list

Edited by Gamecock Part Deux

15 hours ago, DrivenT said:

So you have never played fantasy football or participated in an NCAA tourney pool?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

Lets be honest there are plenty of Gen Xers, Baby Boomers, and yes even Greatest Generation folks who pull the same stuff.

So we've gone from Millennials created the gambling issue to video games create unemployed, drug using alcoholics, who are dependent on others to fund their gambling addictions?

Image result for pump the brakes gif

I grew up on video games. First one ever was Mortal Kombat (otherwise known as the tool of Satan) on Nintendo 64 where people would bleed from the ears when getting kicked in the shin because for some reason everyone in that game had a blood platelet level of zero. Played video games all throughout childhood and adolescence . . . 

I'm employed . . . not addicted to drugs . . . not an alcoholic . . . don't gamble (hit the slots on my 21st birthday, lost $80, never been back) . . . and I'm independent 

Guess that makes me a survivor!

Image result for anchorman jump gif

Only crime I've ever committed is being ridiculously good looking

Image result for blue steel gif

Uh oh . . . might want to add narcissism to your list

Sounds like you are doing well.  Glad to hear it.  We need more strong, positive young people like yourself.  

Facts are Facts  There is a direct correlation to the video game-moms basement- unemployment line path to futility and despair.  .  Labor rate participation amongst your generation is at an all time low.  Household creation, wealth creation and marriage are declining at alarming rates.  Personal unsecured debt is growing and nearly out of control.  Those claiming dependency on the Federal government, especially those making bogus disability claims, are rising rapidly and putting a huge strain on the national treasury.  

Gambling is just a diversion to focus attention away from these problems.  Its sad.  

2 minutes ago, iubirdman said:

So you have never played fantasy football or participated in an NCAA tourney pool?

I played fantasy for part of one season.  It was early 90s, and as a Chicago Bears fan, I was asking myself at 1245AM on a Monday night "what are you doing still up at this hour waiting for Ernest Givens of the Houston Oilers to catch a TD pass for your fantasy team?"  I pulled the plug the next day.

Did a $10 NCAA tournament pool a few years back.  Not a BB fan so really had no interest.

I do have one gambling activity I do enjoy.  I like to play video poker at the casino every now and then.  Won $1000 at the 25 cent poker game last week.  Caught 4 Aces   :07_v:

4 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I played fantasy for part of one season.  It was early 90s, and as a Chicago Bears fan, I was asking myself at 1245AM on a Monday night "what are you doing still up at this hour waiting for Ernest Givens of the Houston Oilers to catch a TD pass for your fantasy team?"  I pulled the plug the next day.

Did a $10 NCAA tournament pool a few years back.  Not a BB fan so really had no interest.

I do have one gambling activity I do enjoy.  I like to play video poker at the casino every now and then.  Won $1000 at the 25 cent poker game last week.  Caught 4 Aces   :07_v:

So where is the line where sports gambling is OK is some cases but not others?  Did you only recently begin to "abhor the sports gambling culture, and the societal woes it brings along with it" 

All fantasy football and NCAA tourney pools are is sports gambling.  I mean it is a 150 BILLION dollar industry--and that is just the illegal betting estimates.  

• Upvote 1

I remember the good ol' days... when a thread could actually stay on topic.

And why go to the trouble of writing a coherent, persuasive post when a meme can do all your talking for you?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Facts are Facts  There is a direct correlation to the video game-moms basement- unemployment line path to futility and despair.  .  Labor rate participation amongst your generation is at an all time low. 

Half the generation is still under the age of 18 so give us some time we'll get there.

Household creation, wealth creation and marriage are declining at alarming rates. 

Not getting married and buying houses because we want to be financially stable before making life commitments we can't afford. About that wealth creation . . . 

Personal unsecured debt is growing and nearly out of control. 

Student loans man, MOST EDUCATED GENERATION IN AMERICAN HISTORY!!!

Related image

Those claiming dependency on the Federal government, especially those making bogus disability claims, are rising rapidly and putting a huge strain on the national treasury.  

Again, societal issue not a generations issue.

6 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

image.thumb.png.a34e553a10aaa60fd1d0d85df9d54ae7.png

Image result for preach gif

2 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I remember the good ol' days... when a thread could actually stay on topic.

And why go to the trouble of writing a coherent, persuasive post when a meme can do all your talking for you?

DrivenT, add ruining internet forums to the list.

Edited by Gamecock Part Deux
  • Haha 2