• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
WC Warrior

Where is Warren Central's Week 9 opponent?

I checked out the football schedule for Warren Central and I didn't see any opponent for Week 9 on October 12th. Who are the Warriors going to play? Can all of you help me on that? Thanks and Go Warriors!!!

262 views and no replies. Should that lead us to believe Warren still doesn’t have anyone lined up?

Who fell off of the schedule from last year, and does that opponent have someone lined up? It is week 9.... is that their "bye" week? :17_v:

Last year their week 9 opponent was River Rouge out of Detroit. 

Currently the Warren Central website lists their week 9 opponent for this year as being "Varsity at TBA". 

In looking through John Harrell's website there are no other Indiana schools shown as having an opening for that week so unless they can find another out of state opponent for this year it looks like they will have two weeks before their first sectional game.

I think a 2 week bye would be beneficial. 

I'm guessing Warren may reconsider scheduling a conference foe in Week 1 in the future.

A Warren week 9 intra squad scrimmage might be the most competitive matchup on the slate that week.  

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I'm guessing Warren may reconsider scheduling a conference foe in Week 1 in the future.

I believe that is the MIC that makes that decision on when they play. I could be wrong though.

Warren and CG used to play in week 9 until 2010(?) when they beat the heck out of each other and both highly ranked teams lost early in the playoffs.  I think both schools prefer their matchup early in the season.

2 hours ago, Grover said:

Warren and CG used to play in week 9 until 2010(?) when they beat the heck out of each other and both highly ranked teams lost early in the playoffs.  I think both schools prefer their matchup early in the season.

I believe it was until 2012, but I am happy the change was made. Save some bodies for the playoffs.

with it getting harder for  some of the top teams in the MIc to to find non-conf. teams to play and I  would guess some of the schools of HC conf. have the same issue.  I think it would cool if the Mic and HC got with each other and work out a head to head match up for week 9. it could work like the Big Ten Acc challenge. They both have 7 schools so their no wore about any team being left out. 

On 6/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, trojanmp52 said:

with it getting harder for  some of the top teams in the MIc to to find non-conf. teams to play and I  would guess some of the schools of HC conf. have the same issue.  I think it would cool if the Mic and HC got with each other and work out a head to head match up for week 9. it could work like the Big Ten Acc challenge. They both have 7 schools so their no wore about any team being left out. 

Proofreading is your friend.  And, I think you mean the HCC. I assure you the HCC has no interest in playing a MIC team right before sectionals, when some of them will play MIC teams in sectionals anyway.  That is why the matchups between the 2 conferences are generally early in the season.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, trojanmp52 said:

I like the idea.  Class 6A schools should be playing in week 10.  Makes no sense for the smaller schools to be playing in week 10 with less resources and smaller rosters while the high enrollment schools take the week off.

I would leave week 10 open and schedule the MIC-HCC Challenge by seed.

Looking at the 2018 outlook, your schedule might look something like this ?

Avon at Warren Central

Ben Davis at Fishers

Carmel at HSE

Brownsburg at Center Grove

Lawrence Central at Zionsville

Westfield at North Central

Pike at Franklin Central

Noblesville at Lawrence North

What Warren Central should do is phone Chatard and tell them that they could save on travel costs and travel time, and to have them drop BHSS and instead play WC. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Proofreading is your friend.  And, I think you mean the HCC. I assure you the HCC has no interest in playing a MIC team right before sectionals, when some of them will play MIC teams in sectionals anyway.  That is why the matchups between the 2 conferences are generally early in the season.

Sorry yes HCC 

I would think they could keep teams from the same sections from playing each.  And does have to week 9 it could be week 1 

4 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I like the idea.  Class 6A schools should be playing in week 10.  Makes no sense for the smaller schools to be playing in week 10 with less resources and smaller rosters while the high enrollment schools take the week off.

I would leave week 10 open and schedule the MIC-HCC Challenge by seed.

Looking at the 2018 outlook, your schedule might look something like this ?

Avon at Warren Central

Ben Davis at Fishers

Carmel at HSE

Brownsburg at Center Grove

Lawrence Central at Zionsville

Westfield at North Central

Pike at Franklin Central

Noblesville at Lawrence North

I was thinking more a Blind draw,  but I do like the idea of seeding.  I would also like to make sure the same teams do play each other year after year.   Have it like this

Cg vs HSE. 2018

Cg vs Westfield 2019

Cg vs Brownburg

Have at least two or three year gap before you play the same school again

Edited by trojanmp52

On June 8, 2018 at 3:54 PM, CGFan2017 said:

I believe it was until 2012, but I am happy the change was made. Save some bodies for the playoffs.

2012 team made it to semi-state where they lost to Lawrence Central.

Pretty sure it was Stoner/Hale's team which would have been 2010.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, trojanmp52 said:

Sorry yes HCC 

I would think they could keep teams from the same sections from playing each.  And does have to week 9 it could be week 1 

I was thinking more a Blind draw,  but I do like the idea of seeding.  I would also like to make sure the same teams do play each other year after year.   Have it like this

Cg vs HSE. 2018

Cg vs Westfield 2019

Cg vs Brownburg

Have at least two or three year gap before you play the same school again

Looks to me like you would prefer to see your team in the HCC.  So would I

8 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Looks to me like you would prefer to see your team in the HCC.  So would I

No I like where they are I just use Cg as an example of not play the same team twice or even thee times in a row

2 hours ago, Grover said:

2012 team made it to semi-state where they lost to Lawrence Central.

Pretty sure it was Stoner/Hale's team which would have been 2010.

It was the 2010 team that battled Warren the last game of the season (week 9) going to OT, in which they beat each other physically.  Both teams were nationally ranked during the season and both ended up losing early in the playoffs.  They physically wrecked each other last game of the season.

The change to CG and WC playing the first game of the year occurred in 2013.

http://pastfb.homestead.com/logs/CenterGrove.htm#loaded

• Upvote 1

Avon/Ben Davis is now an annual thing. That’s enough MIC for the O’s!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Avon/Ben Davis is now an annual thing. That’s enough MIC for the O’s!

This could become the number one non conference rivalry game in the state if they keep playing.  

On 6/7/2018 at 1:00 PM, warren05 said:

I believe that is the MIC that makes that decision on when they play. I could be wrong though.

Nope. This was a WC/CG decision.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:52 PM, DrivenT said:

This could become the number one non conference rivalry game in the state if they keep playing.  

It's my understanding that this is a long term contract. It's also my understanding that Ben Davis also tried to schedule another local school that also wears purple and white a few years back but was unable to do so. 

Just looked at the IHSAA sites and neither shows Warren Central looking for a game in Week #9 of the 2018 season.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Just looked at the IHSAA sites and neither shows Warren Central looking for a game in Week #9 of the 2018 season.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Nobody wants to play the Warriors it seems like. Is Warren Central not looking hard enough?

Edited by WC Warrior

On 6/10/2018 at 11:21 AM, DanteEstonia said:

What Warren Central should do is phone Chatard and tell them that they could save on travel costs and travel time, and to have them drop BHSS and instead play WC. 

That's a great idea. I would love to see the Chatard Trojans play the Warriors.