• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired

4 minutes ago, Transplantedpanther said:

He was. But the sophomore coming in this year might be able to surpass him. Why I’m glad I don’t have to make those decisions?

That is one of the nice things about the SIAC scheduling, you get a couple of games at the beginning of the year to fine tune those things. 

Only way the Sophomore will play is if he is in tight with the coaches, or his parents are huge Boosters.

It's not just the secondary that got hit hard for Reitz. Lost both their kicker and punter, 3 Starting LBs, some Dlinemen, 2 of their 3 RBs, their TE, 3 starting OL.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:39 AM, Titan20 said:

I think he's referring to the rumors that they have left Princeton and are heading north now.  We shall see.

How far north?

2 hours ago, Alduflux said:

How far north?

Indy??  The talk was Decatur Central

I believe Evans group is no longer at Princeton. 

On 6/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, WhoDat said:

I believe Evans group is no longer at Princeton. 

From what I was told a few weeks ago they are participating in offseason workouts with Princeton teammates.    

How will NP be in Year 2 under new coach? 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, Titan44 said:

Tell us about Reitz this season (if you have any inside scoop)!

The Panthers should be very good in the trenches. Return Maynard- All Metro and Jr All State OT(3 yr starter), Hahn and Naas- 3 yr starters at C and OG, and the other OT, Ham started as a sophomore. 1 spot to fill at OG and there are some good options. Should be able to run the ball well with Schnarr and apparently have a couple good options behind him. Losing Groves will hurt a little, but I expect someone to step up. Secondary will have to drastically improve. Sounds like D could have a little different look but only time will tell. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, WhoDat said:

How will NP be in Year 2 under new coach? 

I don't know how good NP will be but I guarantee they unveil a formation or play no one has seen before during the season....lol

I bet Coach Schenk was awesome in sandlot football games growing up!

Edited by Titan20
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:32 AM, BigBlue91 said:

The Panthers should be very good in the trenches. Return Maynard- All Metro and Jr All State OT(3 yr starter), Hahn and Naas- 3 yr starters at C and OG, and the other OT, Ham started as a sophomore. 1 spot to fill at OG and there are some good options. Should be able to run the ball well with Schnarr and apparently have a couple good options behind him. Losing Groves will hurt a little, but I expect someone to step up. Secondary will have to drastically improve. Sounds like D could have a little different look but only time will tell. 

Reitz has so many good football players and the numbers are always strong. Will there be competition at QB? I’ve heard there is a really good sophomore that could challenge. Hape is a great coach and even a better person. 

What about the news out of Mt. Vernon??  Just read the article on the Evansville Courier website.

43 minutes ago, meabull said:

What about the news out of Mt. Vernon??  Just read the article on the Evansville Courier website.

I am in no way condoning this type of behavior. Having a daughter in high school myself, I find it rather sickening.  I only question why someone would wait 21 years to come forth with the allegations.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, football_is_life said:

Not trying to be nosy, but what happened to Coach Mattingly at Pike Central? I looked for a news article, but didn't have any luck finding one. 

He is DC at North Posey now.

9 hours ago, VIP said:

He is DC at North Posey now.

Not completely accurate per my sources... 

7 hours ago, Cappy said:

Not completely accurate per my sources... 

Curious what his title/responsibility will be.

Pike County paper reported he was leaving to be ‘Co-defensive coordinator’ and track coach. I’m not sure what a co-coordinator does. 

6 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Curious what his title/responsibility will be.

Pike County paper reported he was leaving to be ‘Co-defensive coordinator’ and track coach. I’m not sure what a co-coordinator does. 

Coach Fisher is still going to be D-coordinator (now co-coordinator) and is/was our track coach last year.  But he recently became vice principal, so at some point he may decide to take a lesser role. Just my opinion tho

I believe Coach Mattingly played for coach Blankenship at Boonville, who is on our staff as well. 

Edited by Cappy

Memorial had a great day at the Colts 7 on 7 today in Westfield going 7-0 to bring home the title.  Defeated Paoli, Brebeuf, Ritter, Scecina, East Central, Westfield and Brownsburg.

• Like 1

I hear that the QB has been chosen at GS.  Incoming freshman Brady Allen was told this week that he will be the starter.

Edited by Titan35

On 6/15/2018 at 11:11 AM, Cappy said:

Coach Fisher is still going to be D-coordinator (now co-coordinator) and is/was our track coach last year.  But he recently became vice principal, so at some point he may decide to take a lesser role. Just my opinion tho

I believe Coach Mattingly played for coach Blankenship at Boonville, who is on our staff as well. 

According to NP's school board minutes, Coach Mattingly will be a chemistry teacher, the head track coach and an assistant football coach. 

Coach Fisher stepped down as track coach after he was hired as assistant principal but I believe he is still D-coordinator

48 minutes ago, Titan35 said:

I hear that the QB has been chosen at GS.  Incoming freshman Brady Allen was told this week that he will be the starter.

Not surprised!! Very talented young man. Watched him last year and felt like he wouldn’t have much trouble winning that spot. 

4 hours ago, Titan35 said:

Interesting.   

On 6/16/2018 at 11:12 PM, tango said:

Interesting.   

Not your average incoming freshman...he's probably pushing 6'5" and can throw it.

I’ve seen him.  He’ll be a very good player.