• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, greyhound3175 said:

Just to make sure I am clear on this. We were talking straight football.  I 100% agree that the community of Gibson is amazing. When I would come down to scout GS I always have a good time.  No is questioning the integrity of the family structure down there. 

You unplied that I smoke weed because I’m honest enough to give my opinion about GS. While smoking that weed as you say,  it’s importantant that I am honest in my assessments of teams around the area. I’ve read some much of these threads that GS fans literally think GS is all that! Yes you are when when your closes game in the conference is who? And you still win by 30 pts.  My point memorial plays far better competition than GS every yr period! If memorial and GS switched conference they would go unbeaten every yr. 

So back to the original discussion GS can not contain 4 elite athletes on the field together at one time.  Again from a personnel standpoint of the athletes at GS.  Is that fair to say? 

Possibly if all four are on the field at once.  I know very little about them to be honest just what I've been told from a Central Bear supporter.  One of the boys played last year in the St. Louis area I believe.  This all hinges on if they stay at Princeton.  We will soon find out.  I apoligize for the weed comment if wasn't personal just trying to be funny.  I meant no disrespect.  

Griffin Scheller was a difference maker on both sides of the ball for GS a few years ago.  Sometimes we forget the some details.  lol  

Edited by GS Titan 78

Just now, GS Titan 78 said:

Possibly if all four are on the field at once.  I know very little about them to be honest just what I've been told from a Central Bear supporter.  One of the boys played last year in the St. Louis area I believe.  This all hinges on if they stay at Princeton.  We will soon find out.  I apoligize for the weed comment if wasn't personal just trying to be funny.  I meant no disrespect.  

Trust me know disrespect taken!  You love your school etc I expect you to always want them on top.

The biggest mystery is if they stay!! 

Like you said we will soon fine out!! : evil grin: 

1 hour ago, greyhound3175 said:

I respectfully have to disagree.  But I will continue to let me believe the AIS story.  You have the wrong brother it was not the stud RB. 

stop thinking the RB is the one you have to watch.  When there are 4 brothers who are very similar at skill positions you honestly can not tell me a team in that conference or sectional can make up with them.  I’m not believing it from a personnel stand point . If this was college sure you’ll have athletes to match.  This is high school. There is not a single team that can match those 4 brothers on the field at one time. Please let’s just at least agree on that. From a pure football standpoint no if’s just those facts

There are more than a few teams, even in the sectional, that will prove that they can stop the 4 brothers. I don’t believe Princeton has the talent around the brothers to win a Big 8 title or sectional. One of the biggest reasons Central was so successful last year was because of the multiple playmakers they had on both sides of the ball, not just the brothers. The loss of almost every playmaker from last years’ team is a big reason why IMO the Bears won’t be able to make deep tournament run this year.

I respectfully have to disagree.  But I will continue to let me believe the AIS story.  You have the wrong brother it was not the stud RB. 

stop thinking the RB is the one you have to watch.  When there are 4 brothers who are very similar at skill positions you honestly can not tell me a team in that conference or sectional can make up with them.  I’m not believing it from a personnel stand point . If this was college sure you’ll have athletes to match.  This is high school. There is not a single team that can match those 4 brothers on the field at one time. Please let’s just at least agree on that. From a pure football standpoint no if’s just those facts 

I think you give GS far more credit than they need.  You think GS is this unstoppable monster.  Until they meet someone that plays great competition I.e memorial or Chatard.  It’s easy to feel good when you play in a quite frankly weak conference.  Just saying 

i guess that that weed has open my eyes to the lack of competition in GS conference.  Maybe I should put it down to help your case some 

You should probably ask Chatard and Memorial about the level of play that comes from GS the past 7 years or so despite being in a “weak” conference, or anyone in 2A about  Southridge, or maybe talk to folks about Heritage Hils in the 2000’s.  I had some respect for your Football insight until today.  You obviously know little to nothing about Football here in Southwest Indiana.  And, as much as it pains me to say this, WhoDat is spot on about the Evans kids.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You should probably ask Chatard and Memorial about the level of play that comes from GS the past 7 years or so despite being in a “weak” conference

Yeah, the schedule thing is a dead horse.  

• Upvote 2

Greyhound 3175, you do realize in the Hart era that is 6 years - either the team that beat GS or the team that beat the team that beat GS has won the state championship in 5 of those years.  

And who do you really follow?

And my understanding is that #12 Witte will be the backup this year for the Titans.  Also look for Andrew Smith to play a role in the offense in key situations.

And for possibility of having 3 kids that could play QB on the field at the same time, not sure really how that would make the offense more dangerous.  Can't do a double pass or halfback pass every series...lol.

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

You should probably ask Chatard and Memorial about the level of play that comes from GS the past 7 years or so despite being in a “weak” conference, or anyone in 2A about  Southridge, or maybe talk to folks about Heritage Hils in the 2000’s.  I had some respect for your Football insight until today.  You obviously know little to nothing about Football here in Southwest Indiana.  And, as much as it pains me to say this, WhoDat is spot on about the Evans kids.

I am just confused.. 10’ - GS no show in semi state .

11’- no show in semi 

12’ Chatard beat GS 

13- lost to Brebuf 

14’ Both a no show 

15’ Chatard beat GS 

16’ both did not play each other 

17- memorial wins it all! 

I know all about HH in the 2000s. Tough teams who ran into BC.  This is the thing that I think is striking a nerve.  In recent years like the last 5 you can not tell the competition level has even been close to GS in their conference.  Please be honest. 

Please be honest and rank who’s plays tougher competition. BC,GS, Memorial.

you question my football knowledge, but I have literally be scouting for years and have seen a lot of Southern Indiana football. Just please tell me where I am off so I can understand better where you’re coming from.  Just so I can reevaluate how I scout the area if I am off. 

35 minutes ago, GS Titan 77 said:

Greyhound 3175, you do realize in the Hart era that is 6 years - either the team that beat GS or the team that beat the team that beat GS has won the state championship in 5 of those years.  

And who do you really follow?

And my understanding is that #12 Witte will be the backup this year for the Titans.  Also look for Andrew Smith to play a role in the offense in key situations.

And for possibility of having 3 kids that could play QB on the field at the same time, not sure really how that would make the offense more dangerous.  Can't do a double pass or halfback pass every series...lol.

I follow Indy, the region, and southern Indiana.  Kinda have to to get paid.. 

3 hours ago, Tigers15 said:

There are more than a few teams, even in the sectional, that will prove that they can stop the 4 brothers. I don’t believe Princeton has the talent around the brothers to win a Big 8 title or sectional. One of the biggest reasons Central was so successful last year was because of the multiple playmakers they had on both sides of the ball, not just the brothers. The loss of almost every playmaker from last years’ team is a big reason why IMO the Bears won’t be able to make deep tournament run this year.

That’s fair 

i dont know as much about GS this year but I’m sure I will as the season goes on. I know they have been as good as any 3A program in the state over the past several years. I believe sectional 32 champion has held its own while trying to get to Lucas.  Unfortunately good teams go home every year without a state title. I think weather played huge role in giving Chatard a chance in one of those games. But I also know weather is part of it.  Memorial could not rely on big pass plays vs Danville in worst weather imaginable but still found away for their athletes to pop Danville on the road.  

I think Memorial has proved it can play with and beat Chatard. 08, 09, and would have sparked them in 17.  JMO.  Memorial has plenty of athletes to beat Evans/Princeton football and I’m guessing you are very much aware of that. 

28 minutes ago, greyhound3175 said:

In recent years like the last 5 you can not tell the competition level has even been close to GS in their conference.  Please be honest. 

GS might say the competition was there in 2014.  Just a hunch ...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

@greyhound3175 I see that BC picked up Southport this year on their schedule. Is that just a one year deal or are they playing them next year also? Just curious since GS will be playing them next year. 

4 hours ago, TitanPride said:

@greyhound3175 I see that BC picked up Southport this year on their schedule. Is that just a one year deal or are they playing them next year also? Just curious since GS will be playing them next year. 

I do think it’s a 2 yr deal home and away!  I’ll have to double check 

On 6/21/2018 at 12:19 AM, greyhound3175 said:

I’m confused on why ppl are against them so much!  It’s almost like some fear those kids on the field!  I could be off, but just my observation! 

Lot of internalized racism down here by these folks. Kids and parents acting the way they do will get flak regardless but them being black just adds fuel to the fire. They dont get the benefit of the doubt.  These people will of course deny it but truth is in the pudding. 

Of course....😕

13 hours ago, Big8Football said:

Lot of internalized racism down here by these folks. Kids and parents acting the way they do will get flak regardless but them being black just adds fuel to the fire. They dont get the benefit of the doubt.  These people will of course deny it but truth is in the pudding. 

If you are going to call people racist, please actually understand the terms you use. Maybe you meant "inherent" racism or even "institutional" racism, but internalized racism would mean the Evans brothers are racist against other African Americans. 

Regardless of what type of racism you are acussing these folks of, I think the real problem people have with this family is  with the lack of accountability.  They try to run from the consequences of their actions rather than facing punishment and learning from their mistakes.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

If you are going to call people racist, please actually understand the terms you use. Maybe you meant "inherent" racism or even "institutional" racism, but internalized racism would mean the Evans brothers are racist against other African Americans. 

Regardless of what type of racism you are acussing these folks of, I think the real problem people have with this family is  with the lack of accountability.  They try to run from the consequences of their actions rather than facing punishment and learning from their mistakes.

It’s a common theme at Central. Didn’t the talented baseball player from Central  attempt to rob a person?  I believe the kid fired a gun at the car when attempted robbery failed?? 

28 minutes ago, WhoDat said:

It’s a common theme at Central. Didn’t the talented baseball player from Central  attempt to rob a person?  I believe the kid fired a gun at the car when attempted robbery failed?? 

Again you are completely incorrect!  But I’ll let you believe the story you read!  That’s not what happened!  He should have said what he knew 

14 hours ago, Big8Football said:

............   it’s always tough to have this conversation!  Many won’t believe it has anything to do with it..  we are making small strides though 

Again you are completely incorrect!  But I’ll let you believe the story you read!  That’s not what happened!  He should have said what he knew 

What is incorrect?  I’m just asking the question. So the police report and what was reported are incorrect?  So he didn’t have a stolen gun in his possession and fire a random shot at a car that was occupied?  

Let's get back to football talk...  Memorial left for team camp at Hanover College today.  Any other SW IN teams going?  I think Reitz was there last year.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  

Posted (edited)

Talking to a P'Town football dad and he told me that the Evans' family have left and are going to Florida.  He said that they haven't been at summer workouts for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Titan35

4 hours ago, tango said:

Let's get back to football talk...  Memorial left for team camp at Hanover College today.  Any other SW IN teams going?  I think Reitz was there last year.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  

Hanover website lists these teams as registered for the camp this week. 

June 25-27, 2018

Evansville Reitz High School
 Evansville Memorial High School
 Brownstown Central High School
 Jennings County High School
 Southridge High School
 Silver Creek High School

1 hour ago, jsawright said:

Hanover website lists these teams as registered for the camp this week. 

June 25-27, 2018

Evansville Reitz High School
 Evansville Memorial High School
 Brownstown Central High School
 Jennings County High School
 Southridge High School
 Silver Creek High School

That’s a pretty good group of teams with some of the best coaches in the state. 

• Like 1

No mention of the Evans players by PCHS HC on radio show today when discussing “impact players.”  Looks like Sectional 32 is again wide open...

• Haha 1