• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired

Exciting time of the year in SW Indiana. Expecting good football out of the PAC, Big 8 and SIAC 

SIAC should be all about Memorial this year. Central should be pretty good, but with a new coach, and the loss of the Evans brothers, it may take time to gel. Castle should be right there also. The rest of the SIAC might struggle some, since most of them lost a ton of talent.

Where are the Evans brothers going to play this fall?

Here’s a crazy stat for you regarding Evansville teams.

Mike Goebel (21 years at Mater Dei) 

Add up all the other 6 coaches tenure at their current schools and you get: Hurley (10), Hape (5), Schnur (3), Oxley (1) plus Burgess and Paridaen being brand new equals 19. 

There’s obviously experience at other schools and as an assistant as well, but just odd how the city coaching landscape has changed over the last few years. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Titan76 said:

Where are the Evans brothers going to play this fall?

They ran track this spring at Princeton.  Unless some greener grass pops up,  I suspect they will "start" the season there.

Greener grass (perpetually) would be in Ft. Branch....  

2 minutes ago, tango said:

Greener grass (perpetually) would be in Ft. Branch....  

I like how you think, but I am guessing their style might conflict with how things are done in South Gibson.  I might be wrong.

• Upvote 1

Princeton will be a different team with that trio. I’m guessing Princeton will have high expectations. Any chance Princeton can challenge for B-8 title? I’m guessing they could make some noise in sectional 32. 

1 minute ago, WhoDat said:

Princeton will be a different team with that trio. I’m guessing Princeton will have high expectations. Any chance Princeton can challenge for B-8 title? I’m guessing they could make some noise in sectional 32. 

No and No.

Conversation starter.  

SIAC:

1. Memorial

2. Central

3. Reitz

PAC

1. Gibson Southern

2. Heritage Hills

3. Southridge

BIG 8

1. Jasper

2. Vincennes

3. Princeton

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t HH return a pretty good group?

Does Southridge return some key players from 2017?

Vincennes good again or B-8 down? 

Who takes over at QB for GS? 

Who takes over at RB for MHS?

Will this be a down year on The Hill? 

Memorial has a few options at RB and I think we’ll use them.  Interior DL and OL are the holes to fill and I’m looking for a couple of younger guys to step up.  WRs and LB/DB all return.

Reitz has a few good players back. Schnar, Word, Weithop, Naas, Hahn, but they lost a ton of Seniors.

SIAC

1. Memorial

2. Central

3. Castle

4. Reitz

5. Mater Dei

6.North

7. Harrison

8. Bosse

On the GS question.  My understanding is that 3 players are getting equal reps at QB (Fr, Jr, Sr).  I have heard all three bring things to the table and are cable of providing a similar level of play we have had at the position for the last couple seasons.  Guessing they will work that out sometime this summer.  Word on the street is this "could" be the best defense GS has produced since 2015 if it all comes together.  This GS team will go as far as the new faces on the O-line take it.

Southridge returns a great core.  A few questions to answer but we will be a good team again this year.  Exciting time at Southridge right now........a lot of success in many different areas.

On paper, Memorial, Southridge, and Jasper look like the teams that should win conference titles. But that’s why they play the games. I also think HH will be really good.  

Siac - share title 

Central

Memorial 

Big 8

Jasper

Pac

HH or Southridge 

GS could sneak in there but I don’t see how they replace Sellers 

On 6/5/2018 at 12:26 PM, Titan44 said:

They ran track this spring at Princeton.  Unless some greener grass pops up,  I suspect they will "start" the season there.

I think he's referring to the rumors that they have left Princeton and are heading north now.  We shall see.

12 hours ago, WhoDat said:

GS could sneak in there but I don’t see how they replace Sellers 

I think I heard that when Nick Sellers graduated as well. GS has three solid QB options. That's not the area of concern for me. The area of concern for me would be the line. We lost some very good linemen. If the new linemen step up like they have in the past there will be no concerns. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TitanPride said:

I think I heard that when Nick Sellers graduated as well. GS has three solid QB options. That's not the area of concern for me. The area of concern for me would be the line. We lost some very good linemen. If the new linemen step up like they have in the past there will be no concerns. 

We actually heard it when Jordan Scheller graduated too.  I agree...I don't think QB will be a problem.

• Upvote 2

Don’t take that wrong way. I know they have a kid there that’s really good. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, WhoDat said:

Don’t take that wrong way. I know they have a kid there that’s really good. 

Gibson Southern 2017 JV record.

Final GS 37 North 6 (3 quarters due to lightening)
Final GS 50 South Spencer 8
Final GS 57 North Posey 0
Final GS 27 Henderson County 0
Final GS 43 Princeton 0
Final GS 30 Heritage Hills 14
Final GS 16 Mater Dei 14
Final GS 6 Reitz 14
Final GS 40 Southridge 0

Titans 8-1 and undfeated in conference play.

Mater Dei was undefeated as was Reitz.  After GS defeated Mater Dei they defeated Reitz.  Our JV would have tied for first in the SIAC.

Edited by Titan44
typo

Sweet!  Do you have freshman and middle school stats too?

43 minutes ago, Titan44 said:

Gibson Southern 2017 JV record.

Final GS 37 North 6 (3 quarters due to lightening)
Final GS 43 Princeton 0
Final GS 16 Mater Dei 14
Final GS 6 Reitz 14
Final GS 40 Southridge 0

Titans 8-1 and undfeated in conference play.

Mater Dei was undefeated as was Reitz.  After GS defeated Mater Dei they defeated Reitz.  Our JV would have tied for first in the SIAC.

No direspect, but JV scores and freshman scores are meaningless to me. That’s all about numbers. If the Evans boys played at grade level their JV teams would of set world records. 3 kids at Memorial never played a freshman or JV snap in their entire career. I could name several from SIAC who never saw the JV field as I’m sure you could for GS. It’s all about varsity level. I’m guessing the varsity kids on GS  the last couple years dominated when they played JV? I would bet the kids on GS varsity the last couple years kick Memorial’s butt when playing freshman and JV?  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WhoDat said:

No direspect, but JV scores and freshman scores are meaningless to me. That’s all about numbers. If the Evans boys played at grade level their JV teams would of set world records. 3 kids at Memorial never played a freshman or JV snap in their entire career. I could name several from SIAC who never saw the JV field as I’m sure you could for GS. It’s all about varsity level. I’m guessing the varsity kids on GS  the last couple years dominated when they played JV? I would bet the kids on GS varsity the last couple years kick Memorial’s butt when playing freshman and JV?  

All true, but when you have upperclassmen heavy teams, there are always a bunch of kids waiting their turn.  The way GS does football, is that it is a TEAM game.  We will have key contributors and roll players you have never heard of. 

You always seem to know a lot about those Evans boys!

1 hour ago, Titan20 said:

Sweet!  Do you have freshman and middle school stats too?

digging stand by

GS JV 2017

Final GS 37 North 6 
Final GS 43 Princeton 0
Final GS 16 Mater Dei 14
Final GS 6 Reitz 14
Final GS 40 Southridge 0

GS Freshman 2017

GS vs Memorial Canceled not enough players
GS 8   Owensboro 0
GS 44  Princeton 0
GS 8   Southridge 18
GS 0   Henderson County 27
GS 38  Fairfield 24
GS 44  Heritage Hills 14
GS 28  Jasper 8

GS 8th 2017

GS 8th grade 44  Mt.Vernon  26
GS 8th grade 32  Vincennes 8
GS 8th grade 48  Pike Central  6
GS 8th grade 36  Tell City 0
GS 8th grade 39  Southridge   6
GS 8th Grade 21  Mater Dei   8
GS 8th grade 49  North Posey 0
GS 8th grade 42  Heritage Hills 0

GS 7th 2017 

GS 7th grade  44  Mt Vernon. 14
GS 7th grade  22  Vincennes 6
GS 7th grade  40  Pike Central 0
GS 7th grade  12  Tell City 0
GS 7th grade  28  Southridge 0
GS 7th Grade   0  North  16
GS 7th grade  24  North Posey  0
GS 7th grade   0  Heritage Hills 14

Edited by Titan44
stats
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Titan20 said:

We actually heard it when Jordan Scheller graduated too.  I agree...I don't think QB will be a problem.

I don't remember hearing any doubts whatsoever in the Scheller to Sellers to Sellers transitions.  This looks to be the first time in the Coach Hart era when there is even a sniff of a QB "?" at GS and I don't mean in terms of talent, just who will be the guy.  

2 minutes ago, Titan44 said:

The way GS does football, is that it is a TEAM game.  

That is an amazing concept...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1