• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
EastofIndy

New Field for New Pal

Saw the old field tore up, looks like New Pal gets field turf this year.

fieldupdated.jpg.68076b9158ecc67ffe9177e3d2cba678.jpg

Good! 

That program has earned it! Everything that Kyle Ralph and that community/players have done, they deserve it! Congrats to the school and community. 

• Upvote 1

That is great the only bad thing is CG just got new red pants to play on the grass field lol

Not sure the color of pants will change the outcome.  CG is a completely different level of competition that New Pal sees.  The closest they ever come to that  is when they played Cathedral some time back in the playoffs.  Of course other New Pal opponents Roncolli  and Columbus East are really good, I wonder if they would have been a better team for CG to pick up in place of Whiteland? 

5 hours ago, EastofIndy said:

Not sure the color of pants will change the outcome.  CG is a completely different level of competition that New Pal sees.  The closest they ever come to that  is when they played Cathedral some time back in the playoffs.  Of course other New Pal opponents Roncolli  and Columbus East are really good, I wonder if they would have been a better team for CG to pick up in place of Whiteland? 

New Pal has earned their shot to play a big team like CG. I wouldn't be so fast as to put this as an automatic W in the CG column. Still a lot of inexperience incoming this season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

New Pal has earned their shot to play a big team like CG. I wouldn't be so fast as to put this as an automatic W in the CG column. Still a lot of inexperience incoming this season.

I agree! I think New Pal will put up a fight. I would have loved CE to pick up somebody like Roncalli or CG for thier opener. The CE vs CG games have been good games. A ton for respect for New Pal and CG

• Upvote 1

Maybe if CG is way down and New Pal fields a solid team they may have a chance but the numbers don't work toward their favor.  CG is almost three time New Pal in student population and i would guess the amount of bodies in their football program from freshman to seniors would be about the same.  Odds are good that CG can fill skilled graduating players positions better then New Pal.  If i were a betting man i wouldn't bet against CG in this one.  Who knows, guess thats why the games are played.

Getting back to the field, I understand to change to field turf but i've always thought natural turf adds factors to a game that coaches need to keep in mind. CE's loss to New Pal in the mud?  Way back in my high school days our coach made sure the grass was tall during game day.  Guess he thought it helped our team out.

32 minutes ago, EastofIndy said:

Maybe if CG is way down and New Pal fields a solid team they may have a chance but the numbers don't work toward their favor.  CG is almost three time New Pal in student population and i would guess the amount of bodies in their football program from freshman to seniors would be about the same.  Odds are good that CG can fill skilled graduating players positions better then New Pal.  If i were a betting man i wouldn't bet against CG in this one.  Who knows, guess thats why the games are played.

Getting back to the field, I understand to change to field turf but i've always thought natural turf adds factors to a game that coaches need to keep in mind. CE's loss to New Pal in the mud?  Way back in my high school days our coach made sure the grass was tall during game day.  Guess he thought it helped our team out.

Never understood this concept, if true, isn't it going to make slow kids slower too?

somehow my coach had this idea, of course this was the early 70's and high school coaches for the most part were part time coaches at best.  we ran two plays from a wishbone offense.  Triple option and quick pitch.  Maybe a screen pass once or twice.

18 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Don't we hear this exact same story from the CG people every year?

Hilarious!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EastofIndy said:

somehow my coach had this idea, of course this was the early 70's and high school coaches for the most part were part time coaches at best.  we ran two plays from a wishbone offense.  Triple option and quick pitch.  Maybe a screen pass once or twice.

Where did you go to school?

2 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Don't we hear this exact same story from the CG people every year?

Hilarious!

It was pretty apparent last season as well.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, CGFan2017 said:

It was pretty apparent last season as well.

This goes back to 2005

The CG fanbase are the best in the business when it comes to lowering expectations and creating the illusion of brewing trouble.

They are masterful.  

Its an important part of the overall strategy that keeps them competitive with the Big 3.  I give them credit.  Its a solid tactic when properly utilized.  Timing is the key.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can not wait to see the finish product and watch New Pal this yr!  Great coaching staff and it will be interesting to see what this new RB does in this offense!  

On 6/14/2018 at 10:38 AM, EastofIndy said:

2,500 vs 1,119

Its a big difference but it isn't three times.

Regardless I applaud NP for playing CG.

Edited by Grover
  • Like 1

gg

13 hours ago, Grover said:

2,500 vs 1,119

Its a big difference but it isn't three times.

Regardless I applaud NP for playing CG.

I was going from memory since in my advanced age recall is getting rougher.  I tried to do a little homework from last years rosters.  I looked at both high schools websites and noticed the following.  Just FYI

From last years varsity CG roster they had 100 listed but i couldn't tell how many Freshman were on it.  Freshman roster was 47.  I'll guess that JV is just made up of varsity non starters.  Giving CG approx 150.

New Pal was a little harder to get numbers since they don't have a freshman roster posted but the varsity showed 51 but 6 were freshman.  

I don't think any programs limit rosters so i would guess that CG's total high school program 9-12 grade is about 150 rounding out.  If they do limit then that would indicate they get to screen for talent.

NP maybe 70 on the high end depending on freshman.  Guessing about 20 freshman total so add the missing 14 from the varsity roster.  From the varsity roster the Soph and  Jr class were about 15 to 20 each and the Sr class was 7 from my count.  I think NP fielded a frosh team, maybe somebody out there can provide info.  If not then NP's numbers are pretty small then, dropping them back to the 50's.