• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

Recommended Posts

What are some predictions for the SAC 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luers loses a few key players but a lot of players returning from a very young roster.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been hearing good thing coming out of the Dwenger camp. All new offense and Defense. Snider's looks big when I drive past on Reed rd.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel it will be a Saints and Panther fight for the title, Luers could surprise and Homestead & Carroll fighting for 3-5 place. I'm assuming Lockett will get first opp at RB for Panthers, Anyone have guess on QB for them?

Being a Panther fan, I fear the Saints the most this year, Oct 5th will be interesting. Interesting that Luers will play Dwenger week 7 and then Snider week 9. 

Concordia will be interesting to follow as well, Mannigel has that program heading in good direction. Doubt they can pop into the top 2-3 of league, put may be able to position a 4th place?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it is early and the injury bug could bite, Snider is the top team heading into the season. I see Dwenger and Homestead next with a drop off after that. The Snider defense will be tough and I look for the Snider running game to be really diversified this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

While it is early and the injury bug could bite, Snider is the top team heading into the season. I see Dwenger and Homestead next with a drop off after that. The Snider defense will be tough and I look for the Snider running game to be really diversified this year.

Who is best bet for QB, Barnes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of now, yes. I could see Barnes running the ball quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thinking out load. When we the SAC, if ever, scale back league play so teams can play out of conference calls. It was announced this week, or last, that Penn has scheduled a 4 year match up with St. Xavier, three time Ohio state champ. Penn has also scheduled Homewood Floosmoor in 2019 (IL power) and Indy Cathedral in a year or two. Those are some big time match ups. I'm thinking more and more that teams like Snider, Dwenger and Luers loose alot when having to play all leagues games, not prepared for deep runs in post season. JMO. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Just thinking out load. When we the SAC, if ever, scale back league play so teams can play out of conference calls. It was announced this week, or last, that Penn has scheduled a 4 year match up with St. Xavier, three time Ohio state champ. Penn has also scheduled Homewood Floosmoor in 2019 (IL power) and Indy Cathedral in a year or two. Those are some big time match ups. I'm thinking more and more that teams like Snider, Dwenger and Luers loose alot when having to play all leagues games, not prepared for deep runs in post season. JMO. 

I'm surmising you were not around the SAC, before Carroll, and Homestead were admitted as conference teams in Varsity Football, and Varsity Basketball. But I could be incorrect. Just for the conversation; when Paul Harding High School (East Allen County School Corporation) closed, then the ten SAC schools had become nine, and when Elmhurst High School (Fort Wayne Community Schools Corporation) Closed up as well, the SAC schools were at just eight members. At that time, and even just after Harding had closed, most of the other nine schools, found an opponent to fill for the season contest open slot, outside of the local vicinity. Then after Elmhurst had closed, each of the conference schools did their best to find another outside of the area school to have a regular nine season's contests. Eight school conference teams do it this way all of the time, if they are wanting to play in nine regular season contests. Snider used to schedule Indy. and Elkhart teams. Dwenger used to schedule, when they were available, Indy. Cathedral, or Indy. Chatard. Though they were difficult to schedule because their own constant conference re-alignment, Dwenger even had a home and home series with Cincinnati La Salle. There was a point in the history of the SAC, there were a couple of years, when the conference was in two divisions, but perennial rivalry games were the same for each season, and the others were rotated. That system did allow for one outside opponent each season. Before the SAC actually had a specific title, all contest between city teams were billed as City Series Contests. Does this help, or no?

 

Edited by statmurp
punctuation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Statmurp, I'm very familiar with the SAC and history. Grew up in FWA and attended Snider. I have made statements about splitting SAC into 2 divisions of 5, each team plays 4 teams in their division, have a yearly "rival cross over game" and then play one or two other out of division game, or a 2 year rotation of two teams from other division. Then at end of year have a seeded set of games for 1st, 3rd,, 5th, etc. That is seven or eight in conference games, leaving teams the ability to schedule a OOC "out of conference" game or two. Maybe I'm just "near sighted" in thinking of only Snider, Dwenger and Luers, but those are usually the teams from the SAC that make yearly runs on the postseason. Adding Homestead has been a good addition along with Carroll, but those two teams are usually playing for 3 to 4th place in conference it seems. I could see the two divisons being something like this:

Snider

Homestead

Luers

South Side

Northrop

                              

Dweneger

Carroll

Wayne

North Side

Concordia

Or Better yet, add New Haven and Leo to SAC and have 5 divison games, 1 yearly rival cross over, and then seeded tourney on week 9, leaving room for 2 or 1 (if you play another out of division game ) OCC games. 

If you like my idea, please vote me in as next commissioner of the SAC conference :02_v:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Statmurp, I'm very familiar with the SAC and history. Grew up in FWA and attended Snider. I have made statements about splitting SAC into 2 divisions of 5, each team plays 4 teams in their division, have a yearly "rival cross over game" and then play one or two other out of division game, or a 2 year rotation of two teams from other division. Then at end of year have a seeded set of games for 1st, 3rd,, 5th, etc. That is seven or eight in conference games, leaving teams the ability to schedule a OOC "out of conference" game or two. Maybe I'm just "near sighted" in thinking of only Snider, Dwenger and Luers, but those are usually the teams from the SAC that make yearly runs on the postseason. Adding Homestead has been a good addition along with Carroll, but those two teams are usually playing for 3 to 4th place in conference it seems. I could see the two divisons being something like this:

Snider

Homestead

Luers

South Side

Northrop

                              

Dweneger

Carroll

Wayne

North Side

Concordia

Or Better yet, add New Haven and Leo to SAC and have 5 divison games, 1 yearly rival cross over, and then seeded tourney on week 9, leaving room for 2 or 1 (if you play another out of division game ) OCC games. 

If you like my idea, please vote me in as next commissioner of the SAC conference :02_v:

Do you already hold an athletic director's position at one of the ten SAC schools? If not, I would want to believe, that while your plan has merit for consideration, and could be worked through for meeting most of everyone's expectations. And without you holding an A.D. position, it would be difficult for you to have a hearing about your idea, within a conference discussion, and for you to become the SAC Football Commissioner.   

Edited by statmurp
change a word for better comprehension

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

. . If Snider wants to play 6A big boy football on a yearly basis, they need to do what Penn is doing period. . Btw, I have ties with Homewood-Flossmoor. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TennBobcat said:

. . If Snider wants to play 6A big boy football on a yearly basis, they need to do what Penn is doing period. . Btw, I have ties with Homewood-Flossmoor. . 

Snider doesn't need a tougher schedule to compete with the 6a's they need to double their current enrollment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jakone said:

Snider doesn't need a tougher schedule to compete with the 6a's they need to double their current enrollment.

.. What I meant is; The 6A programs in our area are just not up to speed with the non conference teams Penn plays, and  really,  Snider needs to take Northside, and Southside off their schedule and play some teams that are more comparable to the caliber of football they play, like a good HCC, MIC, HF (my first school I attended and played at before finishing at Snider, also some of Snider's and HF's coaches know each other going back to the mid '90s, when Coach Buzea was at Portage), Duneland, or a good out of state program (i.e Toledo Whitmer, Lima Sr, etc.. and let Northside, Southside play someone more their caliber till they start showing signs of being more competitive with the larger schools  .. Either that or Snider should just stay in 5A. . , Snider's enrollment will never double in size.. It would be nice to see Homestead and Carroll do something like that too. . Perhaps more matchups with Duneland schools vs SAC 6A schools, plus Snider,  may be  helpful to both conferences competitive improvement in 6A..  Just a thought. .  

 

 

Edited by TennBobcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TennBobcat said:

.. What I meant is; The 6A programs in our area are just not up to speed with the non conference teams Penn plays, and  really,  Snider needs to take Northside, and Southside off their schedule and play some teams that are more comparable to the caliber of football they play, like a good HCC, MIC, HF (my first school I attended and played at before finishing at Snider, also some of Snider's and HF's coaches know each other going back to the mid '90s, when Coach Buzea was at Portage), Duneland, or a good out of state program (i.e Toledo Whitmer, Lima Sr, etc.. and let Northside, Southside play someone more their caliber till they start showing signs of being more competitive with the larger schools  .. Either that or Snider should just stay in 5A. . , Snider's enrollment will never double in size.. It would be nice to see Homestead and Carroll do something like that too. . Perhaps more matchups with Duneland schools vs SAC 6A schools, plus Snider,  may be  helpful to both conferences competitive improvement in 6A..  Just a thought. .  

 

 

That is the thinking I'm after, but I'm guessing SAC will always (if they stay as is) have a 9 game in conference schedule. Snider plays well above their weight in 6A but have hard time competing when it comes to the semi and then state. They have fighting chance at regional but are then facing Indy area team in most cases. It will be interesting to see if they petition to stay in 6A after this year. Not sure what they need to do to obtain points to stay at that level, but I'm guessing they need to win semi state, which I think is a poor bet that they get far.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, psaboy said:

That is the thinking I'm after, but I'm guessing SAC will always (if they stay as is) have a 9 game in conference schedule. Snider plays well above their weight in 6A but have hard time competing when it comes to the semi and then state. They have fighting chance at regional but are then facing Indy area team in most cases. It will be interesting to see if they petition to stay in 6A after this year. Not sure what they need to do to obtain points to stay at that level, but I'm guessing they need to win semi state, which I think is a poor bet that they get far.

 Thank you for your response.. I do believe if we do what I mentioned, they will have a better chance of going further than Regionals in 6A if they were to petition for 6A, and be accepted.. As the Regional and Semi State are set up at this time, it will be a a good bet that Snider would be playing Penn in Semi State if they win our Regional..  There are a few Region area 6A schools that play Penn already in the regular season.. It would be nice to see our Ft Wayne area 6A schools, plus Snider, play top tier schools of 6A, and 5A from outside our area (similar to what Penn is doing now during the regular season) to have a chance to compete with Penn (or whoever wins their Regional), but first Snider  (OR  whoever our 6A Sectional Champion is) has to get past Regional (an Indianapolis area powerhouse).. It would also be nice exposure for Snider (or perhaps Homestead, possibly Carroll, and even Northrop, if they were to develop their natural talent) to play outside the area, including out of state opponents that are of similar caliber.. This needs to be done to have a better chance of competing against the Southern Semi State winner, which have been juggernauts in 6A .. The Northern Semi State teams need to do something like this to better prepare for 6A State Title.. IMHO. .

 

Edited by TennBobcat
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snider should just drop the SAC..............period. If Dwenger, Carroll, Homestead, and Northrop want to schedule them, fine. If not, fine. The whole idea of a ten team SAC is ease of scheduling. Unfortunately, that does nothing for Snider's success at the 6a level. Will Snider have future teams worthy of 6a Top 3? No doubt about it. But if that tiny school of 1800 wants to compete with those 3000+ on a yearly basis, then they are going to have to do something about their schedule. The only team they played last year that was even remotely as good as Carmel, was Homestead. As a result, Snider bowed out in regionals to a team they should have beaten by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BTF said:

Snider should just drop the SAC..............period. If Dwenger, Carroll, Homestead, and Northrop want to schedule them, fine. If not, fine. The whole idea of a ten team SAC is ease of scheduling. Unfortunately, that does nothing for Snider's success at the 6a level. Will Snider have future teams worthy of 6a Top 3? No doubt about it. But if that tiny school of 1800 wants to compete with those 3000+ on a yearly basis, then they are going to have to do something about their schedule. The only team they played last year that was even remotely as good as Carmel, was Homestead. As a result, Snider bowed out in regionals to a team they should have beaten by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

 

Are you going to leave the SAC in all sports or just the ones that will selfishly benefit Snider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No offense to anybody, but Snider is not a 6A school! They got bumped up due to that stupid rule. They will soon drop down to 5A where they belong. Unless you have a ridiculously loaded team, 1800 doesn’t beat 5000 with any regularity.  With the addition of Carroll and Homestead the SAC is competitive enough for a 5A team. The teams that could complain are Carroll and Homestead. They are 6A and can’t complete with the big boys. Dwenger tried playing the big dogs out of conference for a few years and other than getting one win, we got our a$$es handed to us as well as the injuries. Snider has been on a run in the SAC lately but, these things tend to run in cycles. It wasn’t that long ago that Dwenger ran off about 40 in a row in conference.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAINTS may again some day. I miss the good old days. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jakone said:

Are you going to leave the SAC in all sports or just the ones that will selfishly benefit Snider?

Snider is a football school and the unfortunate truth is that the SAC alone doesn't prep Snider for the Indy big boys. It would be nice to drop a couple of teams and pick Penn and Cathedral back up.

6 hours ago, DwengerLifer said:

No offense to anybody, but Snider is not a 6A school!

Yes they are. 6A is comprised of 32 schools and Snider is one of the best 15 teams EVERY year, Top 10 most years, and Top 5 some years. 6A needs Snider, and quite frankly, playing Carmel in the regionals is just a bit more intriguing than playing Westfield. No offense to the Shamrocks, but Snider/Carmel goes back almost four decades.

6 hours ago, DwengerLifer said:

Unless you have a ridiculously loaded team, 1800 doesn’t beat 5000 with any regularity.

Kinda like the 2004 team? Yeah, I agree with that statement. But they've made it to the state game (big boy class) 6 times. Won once, blew one, and fell to the injury bug in another. IMO, Snider was the best team in the state 4 times when the were in the biggest divison...........'87, '92, '97, & '04. It's special when Snider puts together one of those teams. And there is nothing better than taking down a Carmel, Penn, Ben Davis, or Warren Central. I would love to see a voluntary bump up to 6A for good.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.