• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 

57 minutes ago, Captain Cabinets said:

Looking forward to seeing the updates on 9/28, if not before!    So, the picture is showing the visiting bleachers?  

The picture is the new home side, which is the West side, formerly the visiting side.  The old home bleachers  are staying, but will be the visiting side now.  I'd say Jasper, HH, GS, and MD(during sectional games if SR hosts) will probably be the teams benefiting most from the bigger bleachers for opposing crowds.

5b5a3643085ee_Bleacher1.PNG.10af8a021d6d2fe79f12ed9cdddc7ff0.PNG

NEW Home side in progress^^^^^^^^

New endzone bleachers below.....

5b5a3689c0167_endzonebleacher.PNG.daa78eaf1b11ba845fdf1a7284d80994.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Looks good

Edited by Titan76
Answered

18 hours ago, SR2017 said:

The picture is the new home side, which is the West side, formerly the visiting side.  The old home bleachers  are staying, but will be the visiting side now.  I'd say Jasper, HH, GS, and MD(during sectional games if SR hosts) will probably be the teams benefiting most from the bigger bleachers for opposing crowds.

5b5a3643085ee_Bleacher1.PNG.10af8a021d6d2fe79f12ed9cdddc7ff0.PNG

NEW Home side in progress^^^^^^^^

New endzone bleachers below.....

5b5a3689c0167_endzonebleacher.PNG.daa78eaf1b11ba845fdf1a7284d80994.PNG

Looks great!  Love the lights also!

Anyone care to take a stab at ranking the PAC fields(Yes, i'm at work and i'm bored!).  Considering concessions, seating, playing field, and overall atmosphere into account.

I'll put mine out(note: my top pick is biased, but maybe for good reason)

1. Raider field: with the additional seating added and the turf playing surface, Raider field might be the top in the conference.  If some additional bathrooms would be added it would be top notch.  Concessions are not bad, but having one on both home and visitor sides for games such as Jasper, GS, HH, and playoff games vs MD or another school who travels well would benefit all.

2A: GS.  Nice turf surface out in the cornfields.  I dont like walking all the way around for the concessions and bathrooms, but it is what it is.  Visiting stands arent the biggest and that knocks them down to a tie with HH in my opinion.

2B: HH  The new addition of home bleachers will make it nice for the home crowd.  Visiting side isnt terrible, but i like standing in the endzone at the Jungle anyway.  Concessions and bathroom on the south side of the home sidelines are easily accessible, and the concession lines have moved quickly in my opinion keeping you in your seat to see the action!

4: I'm going with SS here.  With no track around the field, the stands are on top of the action and you feel like you are in the game at times!  The playing surface has always been a good one barring a ton of rain which can turn any grass field into mud.  What does it best for me, is the concessions.  I haven't been to a road game at SS for a few years, but i remember it always smelled like they were grilling steaks when you walked in!

5/6/7: NP/TC/PC  these three dont seperate themselves much for me.  each has an avg amount of visiting bleachers, i'm going to say maybe TC has the most?  I will say NP goes at the top of these 3 just because they are more competitive in football currently making the overall atmosphere better.

8: FP:  Only school i have not been to a game as i've been at least probably 10 times to every other field in the PAC.  Only having one side of bleachers is killer.

• Upvote 1

I’ll reserve my rankings until upgrades till I see all the upgrades in person. FWIW, SS has a new home/visitors locker room, concessions, restroom building set to open this season. Bleacher upgrades supposedly coming next year.

As for separating NP, TC & PC, the tie-breaker for me would be access to locker rooms for visiting teams. TC & PC have visitors locker rooms close to the field. NP visitors dress far enough away that most teams choose to go onto the practice field behind the visitors bleachers at halftime. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, SR2017 said:

Anyone care to take a stab at ranking the PAC fields(Yes, i'm at work and i'm bored!).  Considering concessions, seating, playing field, and overall atmosphere into account.

1. Raider field: with the additional seating added and the turf playing surface, Raider field might be the top in the conference.  If some additional bathrooms would be added it would be top notch.  Concessions are not bad, but having one on both home and visitor sides for games such as Jasper, GS, HH, and playoff games vs MD or another school who travels well would benefit all.

2A: GS.  Nice turf surface out in the cornfields.  I dont like walking all the way around for the concessions and bathrooms, but it is what it is.  Visiting stands arent the biggest and that knocks them down to a tie with HH in my opinion.

2B: HH  The new addition of home bleachers will make it nice for the home crowd.  Visiting side isnt terrible, but i like standing in the endzone at the Jungle anyway.  Concessions and bathroom on the south side of the home sidelines are easily accessible, and the concession lines have moved quickly in my opinion keeping you in your seat to see the action!

4: I'm going with SS here.  With no track around the field, the stands are on top of the action and you feel like you are in the game at times!  The playing surface has always been a good one barring a ton of rain which can turn any grass field into mud.  What does it best for me, is the concessions.  I haven't been to a road game at SS for a few years, but i remember it always smelled like they were grilling steaks when you walked in!

5/6/7: NP/TC/PC  these three dont seperate themselves much for me.  each has an avg amount of visiting bleachers, i'm going to say maybe TC has the most?  I will say NP goes at the top of these 3 just because they are more competitive in football currently making the overall atmosphere better.

8: FP:  Only school i have not been to a game as i've been at least probably 10 times to every other field in the PAC.  Only having one side of bleachers is killer.

Overall your rankings look pretty good I would give my Patriots the edge in one factor that wasn't included in your criteria parking, In addition to the main parking lot the small lot on the visitor side was  expanded when the old tennis courts were turned into spaces and always have the soccer field parking lot that never fills up. However our main lot will be a bit smaller with the new entry way.

For a borderline 2a-3a school I would guess Southridge would have to be top 5 in state for overall sport facilities. Turf football field, Big historic gym  and get to play baseball games at League stadium   where "A League Of Their Own" was filmed, At least I guess that's where the baseball games are played.

Back to the fields there are certain things I like about each school. 

Gibson Southern   Love the Turf.

Southridge The turf and close concessions.

South Spencer the up-close view of the game when standing along fence.

Forest Park love the view from the end zone and the atmosphere  with both student sections side-by-side in a single set of bleachers.

Tell City concessions on visitors side and best pop corn.

North Posey love the Pizza.

Pike Central  concessions are close, plenty of parking and easy to move back and forth from one side to the other when standing.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, GS Titan 77 said:

HH will always be in the mix.  Will HH run much wishbone this year?

Quote From the Courier Preview "the Patriots are trying to get back in touch with their historical roots as a ground-and-pound team."

Another "Jones and junior Cole Sigler were platooned at quarterback last season with Jones attempting about 85 percent of the passes. Except Jones is moving to running back this season while Sigler will start under center."

So that means Tell City is the only PAC team that returns its starting quarterback but I'm sure Jones will still play QB at times.

So HH will have a starting running back that has started 12 games at QB the past 2 seasons and completed 60% of his passes 120 out of 198 for 1881 yards  WITH 25 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

Another former QB that could get time at running back is Carter  6 starts at QB completed 65% of his passes 51 out of 78 for 623 yards with 8 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

Going to be interesting  to see how long we remain a run-oriented offense  and will it be mostly wishbone and flexbone throughout the season ?

Will we see some of the Spread and I formations that were the Patriots primary formations the past few seasons.

In comparison though a small sample size Sigler was 15 of 27 for 56%  with 157 yards and 1 touchdown and 1 interception, Sigler's one start though was against the eventual 3A state champion Evansville Memorial Tigers.

Sigler was 22-1 as a starter at QB in 7th-9th with the one loss coming to Gibson in 7th grade but untested as a varsity starting qb so will be interesting. Our Juniors that had so much success when they were younger had 29 kids in 7th grade and down to 17 now so several key players  are no longer playing..

2 hours ago, dave mosbey said:

Our Juniors that had so much success when they were younger had 29 kids in 7th grade and down to 17 now so several key players  are no longer playing..

Any idea how many Sophomores are on the roster?  I heard that HH might pull from the Freshman to fill out the JV roster.  Is that typical?

2 hours ago, Alduflux said:

Any idea how many Sophomores are on the roster?  I heard that HH might pull from the Freshman to fill out the JV roster.  Is that typical?

We normally have to split quarters for a few freshman to fill out jv but some years are worse then others.

Havent seen a official roster yet but according to the numbers listed on digital scout and Maxpreps which match we have 12 Seniors, 17 Juniors and 12 Sophomores. 

PAC teams about to be in the spotlight at SW IN football media day:

www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/08/06/courier-press-hosts-first-annual-high-school-football-media-day/913657002/

On 7/27/2018 at 3:58 PM, SR2017 said:

My all-time "PAC Attitude Era" list from the late 2000's when every team  ran the ball 100 times a game or threw it long (North Posey), crushed each other for 10 weeks, then would steam-roll the playoffs until we ran against a team in semi state or state w/ actual D1 talent or an intricate passing offense. The good ole' days when we only had our honor (and not actual state championship rings) in the conference haha.

1. SS: The only "Real" football field on the list because it doesn't have a track around it (haha). When I was there (late 00's,) the bermuda grass was incredible. Heard the field has had some rough times as of late. The burgers are excellent.  I'm incredibly biased.

2. HH: The way the stadium is built on the side of the hill is scenic. Real friday night lights stuff. Usually took an butt whooping there too, so maybe that builds the place up in my mind. Always had an awesome crowd. This place has forever made me hate "Welcome to the Jungle"

3. Tell City: Love that the stadium is in the middle of the city. Field relatively forgettable, but something about driving into that small town and feeling like you're the only action happening for 35 miles was fun. 

4. Gibson Southern. Playing football in the middle of a cornfield was memorable if nothing else.

5. Pike Central: Do the visiting players still changed on the second floor of, what I remember to be, a prison? Just sticks out in my brain.

6- 8: The rest all kind of blend together.

1 hour ago, Dr Ross Schumacher said:

1. SS: The only "Real" football field on the list because it doesn't have a track around it (haha). When I was there (late 00's,) the bermuda grass was incredible. Heard the field has had some rough times as of late. The burgers are excellent.  I'm incredibly biased.

It is not tops on my list but I do love a field without a track around it. 

Posted (edited)

I’ll post other PAC teams as I find them.  Share the others if you have them.  

Edited by Captain Cabinets
  • Upvote 1

Scrimmages tonight!!  So will the new receiver transfer from Central suit up for the Titans tonight against the Bears?  I'm hearing good things about him, good hands and speed.  I ready to see this young group of Titans play.

2 hours ago, GS Titan 77 said:

Scrimmages tonight!!  So will the new receiver transfer from Central suit up for the Titans tonight against the Bears?  I'm hearing good things about him, good hands and speed.  I ready to see this young group of Titans play.

New transfer to GS, huh?  It's always nice to have good football players transfer in!  ...  

On 7/27/2018 at 4:58 PM, SR2017 said:

I love our field but hands down, best press box in the conference is Gibson Southern.  I'm also partial to Pike Central's press box because as a film guy, it's covered!  Don't have to worry about rain and equipment.

GS’s press box is very nice. But it is not a hands down winner any longer.  Got to see HH’s new one tonight. It is every bit as nice as GS’s. 

Btw, the film area up top at HH is now covered.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:41 PM, Bcaster said:

GS’s press box is very nice. But it is not a hands down winner any longer.  Got to see HH’s new one tonight. It is every bit as nice as GS’s. 

Btw, the film area up top at HH is now covered.

Awesome!  Can’t wait to see it.