• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Titan44

The Big 8 Conference 2018

Jasper is my preseason pick but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boonville challenge for the B8 title.  

I think it will be a huge challenge for any of these teams to win a sectional.  But anything is possible in high school sports  

On 7/9/2018 at 11:08 PM, WhoDat said:

Jasper is my preseason pick but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boonville challenge for the B8 title.  

I think it will be a huge challenge for any of these teams to win a sectional.  But anything is possible in high school sports  

Yes, I would expect Jasper to be the consensus pick as usual, simply because you know what you're getting . Boonville has a lot to prove IMO. They should be better but I don't know about challenging the Cats. Mount Carmel is always a team to watch for, especially after a down year. I expect Vincennes to compete as well. 

Edited by SEAL_63

On 7/10/2018 at 10:05 PM, Alices32 said:

Any word on how Vincennes will be this year? 

Not real sure what to expect from Coach Salters and company in 2018. One would probably anticipate a drop off after losing a great senior class, including two D1 skill players and some of their best linemen. That may be the case in some facets of their game. They do however return several key contributors at WR, RB, OL, and DB positions. The biggest question for me will be spots on the defensive front 7. 

What I don't expect to see is a total collapse like we've seen in the past, following a successful campaign the previous year. There were encouraging signs last season, from a fundamental standpoint in particular, that lead me believe that it wasn’t a fluke because of talent. I have full confidence this coaching staff can produce a winning season in 2018. 

One thing I know for sure is that for the first time in over a decade, numbers are on the rise. Rumor has it they will be able to field a freshman team again which is UGE. There is a lot of enthusiasm running through the program right now! 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Upvote 1

I was going to go check out their scrimmage last night with North Posey to see how they looked, but found out that it got cancelled for some reason.

I'm confident they will be better than others expect for the second year in a row. They may not have the explosive playmakers they had last year in Toole and Kotter, but from what I hear, they have some solid pieces returning and along with a handful of newcomers who will contribute.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:13 AM, Alices32 said:

I was going to go check out their scrimmage last night with North Posey to see how they looked, but found out that it got cancelled for some reason.

I'm confident they will be better than others expect for the second year in a row. They may not have the explosive playmakers they had last year in Toole and Kotter, but from what I hear, they have some solid pieces returning and along with a handful of newcomers who will contribute.

Yes I agree. As talented as last year's seniors were, it wasn't a huge class. Many juniors and some sophomores saw a lot of varsity action and performed well when called upon. It’s a good returning core of players no doubt. 

And while I have a lot of optimism about the current coaching staff, it’s still only their second season at the helm. It will be interesting to see how well they adjust their schemes and game plans and how well younger players develop. Until then, it's hard to know what to expect on a yearly basis from the program.

Edited by SEAL_63

Got a couple new upperclassmen to come out and play. They were basketball kids. Looking at some new athletes at WR and DB. There was another position or two they're slotted to play but it escapes my mind. Numbers back on the rise which is huge. It helps when the kids like and respect the coaches. 

I like what we have in our starting RB

He's going to be good. 

Still a little worried on Combs but kid does make good decisions with the ball.

16 hours ago, Big8Football said:

Got a couple new upperclassmen to come out and play. They were basketball kids. Looking at some new athletes at WR and DB. There was another position or two they're slotted to play but it escapes my mind. Numbers back on the rise which is huge. It helps when the kids like and respect the coaches. 

He's going to be good. 

Who is our starting RB?

On 7/15/2018 at 2:51 AM, Big8Football said:

He's going to be good. 

Always a good sign when a coach can get the best athletes to come out. Salters was able to do the same last season when he got the Fortune kid to play for the first time. He was another "basketball only guy" who was a good addition at WR opposite of Kotter.

I believe the starting RB in 2018 will be Haislip. The guy has all the physical gifts and seems to have a good work ethic. As a sophomore he was a little timid to run between the tackles but I expect that to change. 

As for Evan Combs, he's a really sharp kid who probably throws as good a ball as Toole IMO, but is the exact opposite when it comes to mobility. He will need some good protection up front as well as protection from the run game. His biggest varsity sample was a start against North Knox in 2017. I thought he played well and that was without a healthy Kotter on the field. I think it's imperative that Lincoln be more balanced in 2018 and I expect they be will given what is returning at RB.