• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Fine Print

Mishawaka to NLC

Awesome news for the NLC!  This Northridge fan/parent welcomes the news and increased competition!

Not a bad idea. 

What South Bend intentions with Clay? Are they still entertaining 3 high schools?

58 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Not a bad idea. 

What South Bend intentions with Clay? Are they still entertaining 3 high schools?

With the changing of Clay Middle to an IB K-8 grade school and the clsoing of Brown Middle Clay is losing 2 feeder schools

I can see it being a specialty high school with no athelics ( Fine Arts, Technical)

Does the NLC have another team in mind as well to make it a 10 team conference? Or are they extending offer do to Memorial, once consolidation happens will move out/to the NIC?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Does the NLC have another team in mind as well to make it a 10 team conference? Or are they extending offer do to Memorial, once consolidation happens will move out/to the NIC?

They are doing it in response to Memorial leaving.  I wouldn't be surprised though if they tried to add a 9th and 10th.

Edited by BSUKingsmen

Bob Nagle and Chuck Freeby break down the Mishawaka conference move in this YouTube video:

It's a great financial move for Mish.  NLC fans actually travel unlike the South Bend school fans.

• Like 1

Mishawaka's move to the Northern Lakes Conference is good for all involved for a variety of reasons!

How much longer will Penn's domination of the Northern Indiana Conference be until a move to another conference takes place.  

Reliable source says Bremen wants in the Hoosier North Athletic Conference.  HNAC not in favor of returning to nine school's.  Eight or 10 is a preferred option. 

3 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Mishawaka's move to the Northern Lakes Conference is good for all involved for a variety of reasons!

How much longer will Penn's domination of the Northern Indiana Conference be until a move to another conference takes place.  

Reliable source says Bremen wants in the Hoosier North Athletic Conference.  HNAC not in favor of returning to nine school's.  Eight or 10 is a preferred option. 

Penn just needs to go independent in football.

Great move by Mishawaka.  They were the most attractive target for the NLC and kudos to the NLC brass for landing the big fish.

NIC has two options.  1. Quickly go out and invite Laporte and Michigan City to join and shore up the conference.  2. Stand by and watch the conference disintegrate as members either leave , go independent or drop sports altogether.  

• Upvote 1

The way Penn is starting to beef up their schedule ie; Illinois, Michigan and now Ohio teams, I wouldn't be surprised if they go independent in the future!  Oh, and also Cathedral!

1 hour ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Why not join a conference that would be more competitive in ALL sports?

Not just football.!?

What conference do you have in mind?

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

PENN will dominate any Northern Indiana conference they join.

• Upvote 2

One of the likely "unspoken" truths about this whole move is the likelihood that Mishawaka desperately wanted to distance itself from Penn 

The departure of Bart Curtis, the new stadium improvements and the move to a new conference indicate a break with the past and a look into the future.  I would not be too surprised to see Mishawaka keep Penn off its schedule going forward after the conference move is completed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrivenT said:

1. Quickly go out and invite Laporte and Michigan City to join and shore up the conference. 

Why would LaPorte and Michigan City join the NIC?  I knew you would bring this up again.  It's not going to happen.  They have the same reasons to not be in the NIC that Mishawaka does plus the time zone issue.

13 minutes ago, Black_Gold2007 said:

PENN will dominate any Northern Indiana conference they join.

Personally I don't think there is a Northern Indiana conference that would really want Penn at this point.  Football wise, they are a big dog on a geographic island.  It's not their fault, it is what it is.  I think Penn going independent (at least in football) would be the best thing for Penn and the NIC.

6 minutes ago, slicer28 said:

Why would LaPorte and Michigan City join the NIC?  I knew you would bring this up again.  It's not going to happen.  They have the same reasons to not be in the NIC that Mishawaka does plus the time zone issue.

Personally I don't think there is a Northern Indiana conference that would really want Penn at this point.  Football wise, they are a big dog on a geographic island.  It's not their fault, it is what it is.  I think Penn going independent (at least in football) would be the best thing for Penn and the NIC.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  The loss of Mishawaka is a devastating blow to the NIC.  The school was really the heart and soul of that conference.  

I don't disagree with your thoughts on Laporte and MC.  Im just suggesting that if the NIC wants to stay together, they need to make some very bold moves. Nothing should be off the table.  I would imagine that a majority of the NIC schools are assessing their options and looking for alternative homes following the Mishawaka departure announcement.  

With regards to DAC football, it aint what it used to be, and likely will continue to deteriorate.  

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

One of the likely "unspoken" truths about this whole move is the likelihood that Mishawaka desperately wanted to distance itself from Penn 

The departure of Bart Curtis, the new stadium improvements and the move to a new conference indicate a break with the past and a look into the future.  I would not be too surprised to see Mishawaka keep Penn off its schedule going forward after the conference move is completed.

I can't see MHS dropping Penn in football. 

• Upvote 1