• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Fine Print

Mishawaka to NLC

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, BSUKingsmen said:

 Mishawaka needs Penn a heck of a lot more than Penn needs Mishawaka.

HMM ...  I guess you did not read the tile of this thread.

 

Edited by Caveman
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 8:33 PM, Caveman said:

HMM ...  I guess you did not read the tile of this thread.

 

Mishwaka does not need the NIC, but Mishawaka having Penn on their schedule helps prepare them more for tourney play than Mishawaka helping Penn prepare for tourney play.  

The rivalry will live on, just need to see how Penn works out their nc games at that time.  Maybe at that point Penn will have decided to go Independent and wont have to worry about working the Cavemen in.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 10:33 PM, tommy said:

Freeby mentioned that two schools applied to fill the vacancy left by Memorial, Mishawaka and New Prairie.

Would not be surprised to see New Prairie  try to become the 7th member of the Northwest Crossroads and basically fill the spot left by Griffith when they bolted for the Greater South Shore.  It is apparent that New Prairie does not want to be in the NIC.

Not putting a ton of stock into what Freeby and Nagle offered up. Nagle mentioned that Plymouth and NorthWood have partnered up the last several years as the football power in the NLC. People that are familiar with the league know that isn’t true. Neither of those two won it last year, and NW has won the league twice in the last 15 years.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scarletknights said:

Not putting a ton of stock into what Freeby and Nagle offered up. Nagle mentioned that Plymouth and NorthWood have partnered up the last several years as the football power in the NLC. People that are familiar with the league know that isn’t true. Neither of those two won it last year, and NW has won the league twice in the last 15 years.

Concord definitely should be mentioned when it comes to NLC football programs toward the top of the conference.  Either way, glad to have some meaningful football news.  Looking forward to our Jamboree in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Concord definitely should be mentioned when it comes to NLC football programs toward the top of the conference.  Either way, glad to have some meaningful football news.  Looking forward to our Jamboree in a few weeks.

Concord, Northridge, Plymouth, Northwood are all solid teams.  Not sure if anyone in the NLC sees the flexbone much but I've got plenty of film on the flexbone that mishatucky runs if anyone needs it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BSUKingsmen said:

Concord, Northridge, Plymouth, Northwood are all solid teams.  Not sure if anyone in the NLC sees the flexbone much but I've got plenty of film on the flexbone that mishatucky runs if anyone needs it.

Bart Curtis will have a huge impact on the Warsaw program in Year 1.  They just might win the conference championship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrivenT said:

Bart Curtis will have a huge impact on the Warsaw program in Year 1.  They just might win the conference championship.  

He's a good dude.  His son is really cool too.  I'd love to see him replace Bart someday.  I have a feeling that's kinda why Bart left was to go coach with his son who is an offensive line coach at Warsaw already.  Well that and a bigger talent pool in Warsaw.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BSUKingsmen said:

He's a good dude.  His son is really cool too.  I'd love to see him replace Bart someday.  I have a feeling that's kinda why Bart left was to go coach with his son who is an offensive line coach at Warsaw already.  Well that and a bigger talent pool in Warsaw.

Curtis' impact on the Mishawaka program was immediate.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him have the same impact at Warsaw, especially given the potential numbers advantage he will have to work with.

They could be a handful.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.