• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 

Turf is going down at Brownstown Central today. (Photo credit Phil Nale)

Image may contain: outdoor

Posted (edited)

Rice Field - home of Elkhart Central, looking good with their renovations after being completely flooded earlier this year
Edited by NRRaider2001

13 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Rice Field - home of Elkhart Central, looking good with their renovations after being completely flooded earlier this year

That is the same group that did the fields for the East Allen schools. We finally got to practice on it yesterday. It is really well done, and really nice. I will have pictures of it today. It is kind of funky what they did with the soccer field sidelines. 

• Upvote 1

Here is the finished product. We got to practice on it the last couple of days. You can see the wide yellow down each side. The outer edge of that yellow is the boundary for soccer. You can see in the corners where the arc was cut into that for corner kicks. It looks a little funky, but the field is great. And yep, that is one BIGARSE Bulldog. :13_v:It is so big that when you stand on it, if you did not know it was a bulldog, there would be no way of knowing what it was. 

6F37218A-6FDB-4A96-9C0A-CB33DD297B30.jpeg

7F6D0651-DC73-4698-BCEC-B5F1CD9408FE.jpeg

A124BAB4-E429-4D73-950D-77CAF08F417E.jpeg

• Upvote 4

On 8/1/2018 at 8:39 AM, Impartial_Observer said:

I still hate the new R. Why do you change an iconic insignia? I blame Dave Lauck, but I blame him for just about everything that's wrong in the world. 

I also liked the old flying R but that logo was only used by Roncalli football and the lacrosse club.  The new logo is part of the overall school branding and is used by all sports.

• Upvote 1

Getting close at Brownstown Central, but have already decided to move the scrimmage to JC. (Photo cred to Drew Markel)

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, npatman said:

Getting close at Brownstown Central, but have already decided to move the scrimmage to JC. (Photo cred to Drew Markel)

Will it be done in time for the scrimmage?

25 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Will it be done in time for the scrimmage?

Nope. (See original post)

Cadets get new Turf Field. I believe that makes the Tri-West Bruins the only Hendricks Co school without it. (Avon , Plainfield, Brownsburg, Danville and Now Cascade) All with Turf. 

Djs8IfIX0AAGbFz.jpg:large

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

No Clinton County high school which plays football has artificial turf.  And I hope it stays that way.  An expensive extravagance for a game played by children.

Edited by Muda69

22 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No Clinton County high school which plays football has artificial turf.  And I hope it stays that was.  An expensive extravagance for a game played by children.

Huge cost savings for Roncalli (and I am sure most other schools).  When we built the Fine Arts Center and bubble gym, we lost soccer and practice fields.  We would have been forced to build a new ADA-compliant soccer complex with new bathroom building due to distance from school building.  Cost was over $1.2 million plus annual maintenance.  Installed turf on football field for $1 million and the field is used over 300 days per year with no water and no maintenance - band practice, baseball & softball practice in early spring, football practice & games,  boys and girls soccer practice & games, boys and girls lacrosse practice & games, CYO football games, youth flag football games, rentals for home school football games, rentals for professional ultimate frisbee (Alleycats), etc.   The field also survives rain games with no damage.   I think Roncalli has only played on grass three times in the past four years (and East Central and Franklin Central now have turf).      

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No Clinton County high school which plays football has artificial turf.  And I hope it stays that was.  An expensive extravagance for a game played by children.

The installation of turf back in 2014 at LaPorte has allowed the facility to become far more useful to the the high school and the entire community.  Any cost/benefit analysis on the field here would net positive.  Obviously, this may not be true for every community, but for larger communities it is a great investment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Might already be reported but Edgewood has a new bright RED turf. 

59 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This is from Saturday, nowhere near completion:

Edgewood.jpg

Their first home game is week 2. It'll be done by then. I like the red though. 

5 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Their first home game is week 2. It'll be done by then. I like the red though. 

That's what I've been told. 

C'mon man, one can only take so much red :17_v:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Daily Brownstown Central field pic...

DkHmLhJW4AAH2u0.jpg:large