• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
NorthIndySports

Indiana Football Digest Preseason Rankings 4A-5A-6A

I was surprised to to FC in the tip 10 this year. I know they had a good season last year but they are going into a much tougher conference.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Sigh, time to prove the doubters wrong again this year... 

Let’s Go O’s! 

In all honesty, New Pal is going to be very very good. I just wonder about the depth at the line positions! 

Edited by Olympian06

You'd think that Northridge as both the 12th and 13th best team in 4A could put both those teams together and end up in the Top 5.

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Lysander said:

You'd think that Northridge as both the 12th and 13th best team in 4A could put both those teams together and end up in the Top 5.

Haha, good catch! Didn’t even see that Ly! 

10 hours ago, Lysander said:

I'd be game!  lol I made a similar comment on twitter last night

47 minutes ago, thepriest667 said:

Can  anyone post the 3A preseason rankings please

Separate thread

12 hours ago, Lysander said:

Our mistake. This poll is from our Twitter account. Should read 12. Northridge and 13. Northview. Google autocorrect at it again. 

Good luck to all of the teams this year!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thepriest667 said:

Can  anyone post the 3A preseason rankings please

15 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Let’s Go O’s! 

In all honesty, New Pal is going to be very very good. I just wonder about the depth at the line positions! 

CE would be hard to bet against without a doubt! While I think the South is a gauntlet, the North should be pretty strong as well. Based on this pole, which really has no bearing on anything at this point, there are 5 from the South and 5 from the North. At any rate, I can't wait for things to get rolling! It's going to be a lot of fun as always.

Is it me or should the defending state champions in each class start the season #1 in the polls until they are beat?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, warren05 said:

Is it me or should the defending state champions in each class start the season #1 in the polls until they are beat?

seems logical but everyone wants to show how smart (they think) they are

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, warren05 said:

It's you...  :07_v:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Warren Central over Ben Davis for the number one spot? Sounds legit to me. The Giants are young this season after graduating 53 seniors. Warren Central is loaded on offense. Look for the Warriors to make a lot of noise.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, WC Warrior said:

Warren Central over Ben Davis for the number one spot? Sounds legit to me. The Giants are young this season after graduating 53 seniors. Warren Central is loaded on offense. Look for the Warriors to make a lot of noise.

I understand Warren is loaded but out of respect for what that program did last year I think they have earned the right to be ranked 1 to begin the season. 

Couple of head scratchers.  

Columbus East finished 6 or 7th All Classes per Sagarin last year (ahead of everyone in 5A) yet they only rank 3rd in 5A in preseason.  

LC was very, very arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team in 6A at the end of the season and they don't even make the Top 10.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, warren05 said:

I understand Warren is loaded but out of respect for what that program did last year I think they have earned the right to be ranked 1 to begin the season. 

It's a new season. Who cares about last year? I don't want teams ranked based on last year. Things change. Players graduate. New players step in to fill those roles. Preseason polls don't mean squat anyway. Heck, even the regular season polls don't matter.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/6/2018 at 8:03 PM, Canoe Fest Charlie said:

I thought Greenwood had a ton of young guys on their semi-state team last year?

Have to replace their QB who was combined 2.6k yards and 34 TD's.  They do return their leading rusher but no more Rosado in the backfield who was a beast.  They had a heck of a three person rushing attack last year and two are gone.  Two top receivers are gone as well as most of their line.  Defense returns their leading tackler but are losing 7 of their top 10 tacklers with no sophomores contributing at any significance.  They have two returning studs which might have made it appear that way, but they were very senior heavy.  They do have another very tall tight end that played JV last year that should be able to fill Battinau's spot but they'll have a lot of holes to fill.  Very unlikely they have a deep playoff run this year, but they have good momentum as a program.

15 hours ago, Lysander said:

Couple of head scratchers.  

Columbus East finished 6 or 7th All Classes per Sagarin last year (ahead of everyone in 5A) yet they only rank 3rd in 5A in preseason.  

LC was very, very arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team in 6A at the end of the season and they don't even make the Top 10.

That is pretty interesting.  Most of the LC offense is returning as well as the defense.  They beat Warren and Center Grove last year....however, Franklin Central, Fishers, CG, CN are all better.  Only CG plays in the MIC and LC was in the top half of the conference at seasons end playing in a loaded sectional. I think LC/FW Snider would be a great matchup but to say the least these preseason rankings hold little to no value.  Pike should have also received some consideration over the teams they put in the top 10. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 8:00 PM, Olympian06 said:

Let’s Go O’s! 

East will be great I'm sure.   New Pal will be significantly better than the last 2 years.  I think legit contenders.  We will find out early as they have significantly stepped up the non conference schedule by replacing Whiteland and Richmond with Kokomo and Center Grove.  And we get to christen a new turf field which looks amazing!!  Go Dragons!!

7 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

East will be great I'm sure.   New Pal will be significantly better than the last 2 years.  I think legit contenders.  We will find out early as they have significantly stepped up the non conference schedule by replacing Whiteland and Richmond with Kokomo and Center Grove.  And we get to christen a new turf field which looks amazing!!  Go Dragons!!

Felt weird not playing you guys last year after we'd played each other the four previous years. The winner of that game ended up in the state championship each time. Maybe we can make up for it and meet up for the state championship this year. The series is tied 2-2 and both teams are 1-1 against the other at home and 1-1 against the other on the road. Maybe game 5 on a neutral field would make the perfect rubber match.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Felt weird not playing you guys last year after we'd played each other the four previous years. The winner of that game ended up in the state championship each time. Maybe we can make up for it and meet up for the state championship this year. The series is tied 2-2 and both teams are 1-1 against the other at home and 1-1 against the other on the road. Maybe game 5 on a neutral field would make the perfect rubber match.

Still stings watching East lose a 14 point lead in the 4th Markell Jones senior year. A FG as time expires, is what separates East from being to the state title game 4 times in 5 years.. whoever won that game was going to smash the north rep. 

13 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Still stings watching East lose a 14 point lead in the 4th Markell Jones senior year. A FG as time expires, is what separates East from being to the state title game 4 times in 5 years.. whoever won that game was going to smash the north rep. 

That was a great game by 2 great teams.  East would've easily rolled New Prairie as we did.  It was a pleasure watching both teams.   Highest regard for the high consistent high level of play from the East program. My kid was the senior RB for New Pal on that team, only time I've seen him smile coming off the field of any game ever. Lol.  I think there's a realistic shot of a title game matchup this year.  Good luck to East this year, here's hoping we meet at Lucas Oil!!

• Upvote 3