Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Regional: Mater Dei @ Triton Central

5 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

I don't think an early season girls BB game should trump a regional championship football game.  If nothing else, the football game could have been scheduled in the afternoon and Triton fans could have made it a double header with the girls BB game.

They did. Football game was at noon. They encouraged everyone to stay for the girls game afterwards. If I remember right, it was two very high ranked girls teams.

2 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

They did. Football game was at noon. They encouraged everyone to stay for the girls game afterwards. If I remember right, it was two very high ranked girls teams.

Either way, a regional championship football game should have taken priority.  The girls BB game could have been played earlier and the football game late that afternoon/evening as I doubt the visiting girls BB team had a 3+ hour bus ride.

23 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

This is where I wish the IHSAA would step in and apply a little more control.  

Here is straight from the Illinois (IHSA) website:

A majority of first and second round games in Illinois are still played Friday night.  But it allows East St. Louis to drive to Chicago for a first round game (happened in 2018).  Indiana is slightly at a disadvantage because of the ridiculous Eastern Time Zone issue, so call it 1:30 - 7:30 ET Saturday unless both schools want to switch to Friday.  

That’s the first good idea I’ve seen from Illinois in a while, I swear to God it is

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

That’s the first good idea I’ve seen from Illinois in a while, I swear to God it is

Illinois transplant here.  Three words: Red Solo Cup.  I'll say it right to your face.  AND fill your cup with some ice code PBR straight from the keg while I'm doing it. 😉 

https://www.enjoyillinois.com/illinois-200/illinois-inventions/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Either way, a regional championship football game should have taken priority.  The girls BB game could have been played earlier and the football game late that afternoon/evening as I doubt the visiting girls BB team had a 3+ hour bus ride.

MD girls basketball team had a game at home that night also.

Edited by gonzoron

Just now, Moonshiners said:

21-14 good wildcats. I would love to have more faith in the good wildcats and think they win more convincingly but those bus rides can make for slow starts. Just survive and advance this time of year.

Look what happened 2 years, can never be to certain. Triton Central should bring a mighty crowd Friday, hoping the game will be live streamed 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:52 PM, MDAlum82 said:

MD will be making the 3 hr bus ride north to visit TC next weekend.  The last time MD came calling back in 2019, TC was not all that hospitable, handing the Wildcats a big "L".   If I recall, there was a bit of gamesmanship last time with MD asking to play on Saturday and TC responding with an 11 am start time.  Such a thing might be used as a little motivation this week. 

Stay tuned, we'll see...

Hope MD wins and wins big. TC should be embarrassed picking this start time. 

This game will NOT be streamed via EH Sports Network.  There was some miscommunication between ourselves and the IHSAA Champions Network in regards to streaming the game.  We are an educational station and therefore our license only allows us to cover games for our team.  We did not realize this rule, and apologize to any TC or MD fans who were planning to watch the game.  WSVX and WREF will both be covering the game and doing an amazing job as they always do.

Thank you to both ADs for working with us and to the IHSAA Champions Network for helping figure out the situation.  

• Disdain 1

26 minutes ago, CoachGalyan said:

This game will NOT be streamed via EH Sports Network.  There was some miscommunication between ourselves and the IHSAA Champions Network in regards to streaming the game.  We are an educational station and therefore our license only allows us to cover games for our team.  We did not realize this rule, and apologize to any TC or MD fans who were planning to watch the game.  WSVX and WREF will both be covering the game and doing an amazing job as they always do.

Thank you to both ADs for working with us and to the IHSAA Champions Network for helping figure out the situation.  

(not) awesome!  Appreciate the info...likely saved my big screen from having brick thrown through it as I struggled to get the game on IHSAAtv.   So happy 😕 the IHSAA Champions Network swooped in and "fixed" this for us...talk about a turd in the punchbowl ruining the mood...8 - /

1 hour ago, CoachGalyan said:

Question Coach:  curious...if you were willing to stream the game and the IHSAA was willing to broadcast it, what is the "issue"?  Who is stepping in and enforcing this rule - the IHSAA?  Are they somehow losing a bunch of revenue on a high school football game?  Are you aware of anyone else who might stream it?  

Edited by MDAlum82