Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Pal @ Cathedral

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

Taking a knee in a one possession game on a sloppy wet field that had already caused at least one fumbled snap?   Doesn’t make sense. 

Maybe my math was off, but I thought it was less than 1:30 left in the game? Was it more than that? If so, I stand corrected. I was so pissed off by that point, I could have easily made a mistake. 

17 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Maybe my math was off, but I thought it was less than 1:30 left in the game? Was it more than that? If so, I stand corrected. I was so pissed off by that point, I could have easily made a mistake. 

I think they took over on downs with a little over two minutes left, and Cathedral was calling TO's to try and stop them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

That sounds about right. Cathedral had 3(?) timeouts remaining. 

20 hours ago, Dave007 said:

That is correct, and in one of the messages above there is a link which confirms that (i.e. Cathedral stays in 5A 2021-2022 seasons, and next fall will be 2022 season).

No. If Cathedral wins, they are up in 6A for the next two years (and New Pal drops to 4A). 

2021-22 means the 2021-22 school year, not the 2021-22 football seasons. This summer will be a reclassification year with success factor points applied from the last two years. 

33 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Well, eff it. Sorry I brought it up. Irish by a billion this Friday. New Pal is 2-3 rungs down the talent totem pole from Decatur IMO.

New Pal played Decatur to a two-point game in Week 1, outgaining the Hawks by a lot and had a chance to win with a field goal attempt at the gun that was inches wide of the goalpost. So to say they're a few rungs down the totem pole wasn't borne out on the field when they actually played each other. 

Cathedral's a favorite, for sure, but NP compares very favorably with DC. 

59 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think they took over on downs with a little over two minutes left, and Cathedral was calling TO's to try and stop them. 

No Cathedral did not take any timeout after they turned the ball over on downs deep in their own territory. It was under 2 minutes when CG started 1st and 10. I believe they scored on 3rd down with about 40 secs remaining. I would have to go back and look at the video.

3 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

New Pal played Decatur to a two-point game in Week 1, outgaining the Hawks by a lot and had a chance to win with a field goal attempt at the gun that was inches wide of the goalpost. So to say they're a few rungs down the totem pole wasn't borne out on the field when they actually played each other. 

Cathedral's a favorite, for sure, but NP compares very favorably with DC. 

I think the claims are coming after slobberknocker proclaimed a 3 TD victory for the Dragons. I won't say the d\Dragon's can't win the game, but I very seriously doubt the beat the Irish by 21 points if they were to win.

The DC vs New Pal game was week 1. Both DC and New Pal have improved since then as have the Irish. New Pal should not be taken lightly.

19 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I believe it was originally 3 points 

It was originally 4 when the SF was first created prior to the 2013 season, then dropped to 3 in spring 2017 (which kept New Pal in 5A for two more years when the Dragons had won a semistate and gained 3 points in 2015). The other made in 2017 was a team that had been bumped could only drop *one* class, which immediately impacted Cathedral (which otherwise would've dropped from 6A to 4A, but instead put them in 5A). 

Not long after, the change was made to two points to stay up, I believe in spring 2019. That also affected Cathedral, which had two points (one regional title) in 5A the previous cycle. That kept Cathedral in 5A rather than dropping to 4A. (had it been two points in 2017, Cathedral would've remained in 6A for the 2017 & 2018 football seasons because it had won two sectional titles in 6A. That might have been the impetus for dropping the threshold). 

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral turned the ball over to CG on downs with 1:39 after an incomplete pass on 4th down (on 3rd down the Irish QB slipped and fell at around the 8). CG had the ball first and goal from the 8. After 2 running plays on 1st and 2nd down CG scored with 27.7 secs left on 3rd down (Cathedral had all 3 timeouts as they did not call one).

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Taking a knee in a one possession game on a sloppy wet field that had already caused at least one fumbled snap?   Doesn’t make sense. 

So true Grover...do you remember several years ago, CG losing a sectional game to Avon on the last play of the game?  A hook and ladder ran to perfection.  2 DB's collided and that was the story

No high school lead is safe when its one score or less.....much less on a wet rainy night....

It not necessary backlash if some one post a different opinion than what you believe

19 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

100% agree.

I have no problem with Cathedral playing in 6A and actually would prefer to see them in 6A. But at the same time, they shouldn't be forced to petition up nor receive the backlash they do on boards like these for playing where the IHSAA places them. It's silly. 

As for actual backlash as in some one applying that you take drugs if they disagree with you opinion is just part of social media. 

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

I have a Dead Drop PO Box that you might wish to shunt off some certain illegal substances to before the Feds close in.

Sorry for using you, just trying to make a point. This was a funny post by the way. 😂

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

So are you saying NP will beat Cathedral 21-0? Not sure what you mean. BTW the Cathedral vs Brebeuf game was 38-7 prior to subbing, Brebeuf scored 14 points in the 4th qtr against 2nd and 3rd string defense.

😂 always helping the helpless. I could see someone predicting a win by a FG or something but a 3 TWow just wow! win. w

Maybe my post should have said I wish NP wins buy 3 touchdowns because it would be hilarious to watch Irish fans lose their mind.

5 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Maybe my post should have said I wish NP wins buy 3 touchdowns because it would be hilarious to watch Irish fans lose their mind.

I am sure they get it and aware of your hatred for the team they support. doubt they would lose their mind with a loss (at least most of the regulars I see on here).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I am sure they get it and aware of your hatred for the team they support. doubt they would lose their mind with a loss (at least most of the regulars I see on here).

It is not hatred and I have nothing against Irish athletes/students. I have had a few fiends that have attended Cathedral.   I have a dislike to the attitude / way cathedral chooses to run it's athletics  programs. I will give two examples one recent and one in the past. 

First Cathedral believes that if they don't believe in a rule that they don't have to follow it and if caught breaking the rule there should be no consequences. Confirmed be a so called coach on this form (JV quarter limit).

The second example comes from my playing days when Cathodal hired alumni to Referee there basketball games. Can you image looking up and seeing  FastpacedO or Footballking16 referring against you. May be they can be unbiased. hmmm

8 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

It is not hatred and I have nothing against Irish athletes/students. I have had a few fiends that have attended Cathedral.   I have a dislike to the attitude / way cathedral chooses to run it's athletics  programs. I will give two examples one recent and one in the past. 

First Cathedral believes that if they don't believe in a rule that they don't have to follow it and if caught breaking the rule there should be no consequences. Confirmed be a so called coach on this form (JV quarter limit).

The second example comes from my playing days when Cathodal hired alumni to Referee there basketball games. Can you image looking up and seeing  FastpacedO or Footballking16 referring against you. May be they can be unbiased. hmmm

Like I said the hatred is obvious. Very difficult post to read. Not sure what you are speaking of the first example (JV quarter limit).

The 2nd doesn't IHSAA give referee's to Officiate HS games. Not sure how I tied into this, but okay.

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

I think that it would be ridiculously stupid of Cathedral coaches to try to do such a thing intentionally, as the consequences are too severe (isn’t it automatic forfeit for illegal roster use???).  If that did or were to happen it would absolutely have to be an oversight…even for a meaningless JV or freshman game

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Like I said the hatred is obvious. Very difficult post to read. Not sure what you are speaking of the first example (JV quarter limit).

The 2nd doesn't IHSAA give referee's to Officiate HS games. Not sure how I tied into this, but okay.

As stated in the Bylaws any IHSAA licensed Official can referee a game, that can be a parent, alumni or other. I believe just because you can do it does not make it right.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:46 PM, coachfreytag said:

The kid played 6 plays on Friday and is a situational/relief player. To penalize an entire team because of a silly quarter rule is a joke. I understand the rules and they make complete sense, but it should be 25% of the game/snaps rather than quarters. 6 out of 153 plays. Please.... CG was really butt hurt about losing their JV game that they had to dig into this. Sad. Take the L. Sorry you didn't have an undefeated season. Scoreboard doesn't lie. #LetTheKidsPlay

15 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

As stated in the Bylaws any IHSAA licensed Official can referee a game, that can be a parent, alumni or other. I believe just because you can do it does not make it right.

1. Assignments
    • An IHSAA Recognized Assigner shall assign IHSAA Officials through the use of The Arbiter.
    • An IHSAA Recognized Assigner shall assign IHSAA Officials to contest based upon competence.
    • An IHSAA Recognized Assigner shall assign IHSAA Officials to contest without regard to race, national origin, gender or age.
    • An IHSAA Recognized Assigner may not exclude an IHSAA Official who is a member of another assigner’s group and may not limit the assignment of an IHSAA Official based upon the Official’s membership in any particular local association.
    • All game contracts shall be between the member school and the IHSAA Official; the contract will be generated and sent to the official through The Arbiter.

I should also state with how short handed officials are, I think any school will take what they can get.

Like I said I am clueless on your quote or number 2 with something dealing with a JV game. It wouldn't be something I would know about, care to know about, or any of my business. Obviously it has you upset.

Edited by FastpacedO