Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Tournament Discussion

4 hours ago, Offintheyard said:

You must be in real denial from the loss if you think that was the sectional and regional championship. Winamac was good against the bad teams. They finally played a good team and got beat. Culver had as good a shot as Winamac and the result was the same.

Lol...really? 

Winamac would have won sectionals 42 running away. It wouldn't have been close. Winamac beat Culver relatively easy after a two week lay off and I've seen Carroll play online and saw them over the summer when they scrimmaged Winamac. Winamac scored at will on them. 

So yes..the Winamac/Judson game was the sectional championship and regional championship game. 

you act like that game wasn't even close. NJ scored on a BS TD at the end, 3 of their 6 total TDs came on 4th down. Two were 4th and long. It was literally a one score game at half time and was a two score game for over 70 percent of the game. 

the field conditions helped NJ. It slowed Winamac down quite a bit and played right into NJ's wheel house. They are a power running team and in the mud that works. When you are a getting to the edge, relying on pulling and your speed..you are gonna struggle in the mud. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

4 hours ago, Offintheyard said:

You must be in real denial from the loss if you think that was the sectional and regional championship. Winamac was good against the bad teams. They finally played a good team and got beat. Culver had as good a shot as Winamac and the result was the same.

Don't get me wrong. The jays out played Winamac by a bunch. 

It wasn't like they were drilling Winamac players and they were fumbling. Atleast two of the fumbles the ball slipped out of the kids hands as he was coming down due to the slickness. The ball just happened to fall where other Jays were. NJ fumbled four times and were able to jump on it. The ball bounced their way that night. The one pick Harper had was a great read by Alderic ..had he not made it, Brandt would have taken it to the house ..there wasn't a single Jay around him besides Harper. 

34 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

Don't get me wrong. The jays out played Winamac by a bunch. 

It wasn't like they were drilling Winamac players and they were fumbling. Atleast two of the fumbles the ball slipped out of the kids hands as he was coming down due to the slickness. The ball just happened to fall where other Jays were. NJ fumbled four times and were able to jump on it. The ball bounced their way that night. The one pick Harper had was a great read by Alderic ..had he not made it, Brandt would have taken it to the house ..there wasn't a single Jay around him besides Harper. 

Spin it however you want but which is it? The elements and the slippery ball or did NJ out play them. I'll save you some time here. Both teams had to play in the weather. NJ outplayed and outcoached Winamac. Judson prepared for the weather. Now if you are using the excuse that Winamac couldn't run outside then the coaches did a poor job of preparing Winamac for the weather. All of the so called size, speed and talent and they couldn't run some power plays?  So pick a narrative and believe what you want but Winamac got beat.

Judson was the best team in the sectional hands down. Look back, I called that in week 7 or 8. Most people outside of Winamac knew that they weren't going to be prepared based solely on their schedule and how they competed against the teams on their schedule. Say what you want, but in some of those wins, Culver included, Winamac did not have the game in hand until well into the second half. Try to look at the film objectively and not through rose colored glasses and you will see that. Judson at least played some tough teams and were competitive in those games. It wasn't hard to see that they were the heavy favorites to win the sectional. You can claim the what if and would have done this or that championship all you want. Bottom line is Winamac got beat badly as did Culver by the best team in the sectional. Hopefully the 1st or 2nd grade class at Winamac will be as promising as this 2022 class was that we have been hearing about for years. Congratulations to those young men on their what if sectional and regional championship! Hopefully they pull off the what if state title in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Offintheyard said:

Spin it however you want but which is it? The elements and the slippery ball or did NJ out play them. I'll save you some time here. Both teams had to play in the weather. NJ outplayed and outcoached Winamac. Judson prepared for the weather. Now if you are using the excuse that Winamac couldn't run outside then the coaches did a poor job of preparing Winamac for the weather. All of the so called size, speed and talent and they couldn't run some power plays?  So pick a narrative and believe what you want but Winamac got beat.

Judson was the best team in the sectional hands down. Look back, I called that in week 7 or 8. Most people outside of Winamac knew that they weren't going to be prepared based solely on their schedule and how they competed against the teams on their schedule. Say what you want, but in some of those wins, Culver included, Winamac did not have the game in hand until well into the second half. Try to look at the film objectively and not through rose colored glasses and you will see that. Judson at least played some tough teams and were competitive in those games. It wasn't hard to see that they were the heavy favorites to win the sectional. You can claim the what if and would have done this or that championship all you want. Bottom line is Winamac got beat badly as did Culver by the best team in the sectional. Hopefully the 1st or 2nd grade class at Winamac will be as promising as this 2022 class was that we have been hearing about for years. Congratulations to those young men on their what if sectional and regional championship! Hopefully they pull off the what if state title in a couple of weeks.

Winamac was up 4 touchdowns against Caston at half. They were up 21-0 against Culver at half and if memory serves me right scored on their opening drive in 2nd half to go up 28-0. Triton had 1 first down in the whole entire game and had 13 yards of offense. 7 of it came after a winamac fumble in the first Q to lead to their only TD. Those games were never in doubt. 

Knox, Pioneer and Manchester  gave Winamac a good battles which they needed and Winamac had 1 day to prepare for Manchester. 

West Central first match up was bad. The 2nd they were up 42-0 at half and WC scored two TDs on the JV team and Winamac's jv scored the lone 6.

You know John Hendryx. He doesn't run the score up on anyone...had he felt that way. The scores would have been more lopsided then they were but that's just not in his nature. He rarely ran the score up at Knox too. He always subbed guys in or split carries with guys. 

Winamac did try a couple "power run plays" but it rarely worked. That's like trying to ask a team that throws it 3 or 4 times to throw it 10 times in a game. Its just not gonna work. Winamac didn't have a "power running back"..so its gonna be tough for a team to run power running plays with no power running backs. 

Yes, Judson did play in the same weather but Cheyenne Allen is a power running back and Judson is a power running offense. The mud and rain played into the style they wanted to play. It slowed winamac down completely and it hamstrung what they could do offensively.

Winamac will have some good teams coming up so I don't understand the first/second grade comment. 

The Sophomores and Freshman classes have some quality skilled kids with 2 decent lineman per grade. My sons grade (8th grade) and my nephews class (7th grade) have a few kids that can play. The 6th and 5th grade kids are pretty solid and the six grades 3 best players haven't even played yet. 

Winamac will be competitive and will churn out winning seasons as long as John Hendryx is there. 

7 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Winamac was up 4 touchdowns against Caston at half. They were up 21-0 against Culver at half and if memory serves me right scored on their opening drive in 2nd half to go up 28-0. Triton had 1 first down in the whole entire game and had 13 yards of offense. 7 of it came after a winamac fumble in the first Q to lead to their only TD. Those games were never in doubt. 

Knox, Pioneer and Manchester  gave Winamac a good battles which they needed and Winamac had 1 day to prepare for Manchester. 

West Central first match up was bad. The 2nd they were up 42-0 at half and WC scored two TDs on the JV team and Winamac's jv scored the lone 6.

You know John Hendryx. He doesn't run the score up on anyone...had he felt that way. The scores would have been more lopsided then they were but that's just not in his nature. He rarely ran the score up at Knox too. He always subbed guys in or split carries with guys. 

Winamac did try a couple "power run plays" but it rarely worked. That's like trying to ask a team that throws it 3 or 4 times to throw it 10 times in a game. Its just not gonna work. Winamac didn't have a "power running back"..so its gonna be tough for a team to run power running plays with no power running backs. 

Yes, Judson did play in the same weather but Cheyenne Allen is a power running back and Judson is a power running offense. The mud and rain played into the style they wanted to play. It slowed winamac down completely and it hamstrung what they could do offensively.

Winamac will have some good teams coming up so I don't understand the first/second grade comment. 

The Sophomores and Freshman classes have some quality skilled kids with 2 decent lineman per grade. My sons grade (8th grade) and my nephews class (7th grade) have a few kids that can play. The 6th and 5th grade kids are pretty solid and the six grades 3 best players haven't even played yet. 

Winamac will be competitive and will churn out winning seasons as long as John Hendryx is there. 

Lord that sounds like a lot of excuses.  Weinersmack hasn't played in two weeks and no one cares.  Jim Hendricks will be gone.  We really need to put this coddlin of the warriors to bed.  Judson would have won in the rain, in the snow, in the mud, in the blood, and definitely would have won on turf in perfect conditions.  Now, i have to go aren's field and fuel up my airplane.  its gonna be a long week preparing for this regional championship for the Bluejays and i need to go scout out the conditions of the field in Carroll.  Hopefully, they leave the sprinklers on all week cuz you know judson is made for the mud.  

I believe the SA/AC winner will beat either NJ or Carroll from watching both their sectional final games. SA offense would give both fits. It would come down to their defense. Both would really struggle with AC's run game. #9 for Carroll is very quick though so he could make a few plays against both. NJ throwing the ball could make a game against SA a shoot out possibly. NJ line would have to stop AC's D-Line to get their passing game going.

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

I believe the SA/AC winner will beat either NJ or Carroll from watching both their sectional final games. SA offense would give both fits. It would come down to their defense. Both would really struggle with AC's run game. #9 for Carroll is very quick though so he could make a few plays against both. NJ throwing the ball could make a game against SA a shoot out possibly. NJ line would have to stop AC's D-Line to get their passing game going.

I really think they only two teams in the north that could have given AC a scare we’re Busco and Monroe Central.  The Jets probably already have some Lutheran film.

I also thought the only team in north in 2A that that could give BL a game was Andrean so who knows. 

• Like 1

I feel like the Winamac and North Judson people just need to switch to DMs. The game was played 2 weeks ago. Let's move on to the regional championship matchups...

John Harrell's Predictions

North Judson over Carroll 24-17 - I could see this being a really good game, but I'm rooting for Carroll so AC can host semistate if they beat SA.

Adams Central over South Adams 38-17 - The 2019 regional upset of SA by AC will come up a lot. This is 2021. Can't apply past narratives to different teams/situations. Most of the seniors at AC played important roles in the 19 game and they know what can happen if you overlook anyone at this point in the season. It should be much more competitive than earlier in the season with Wanner back at QB.

Lutheran over Parke Heritage 38-24 - Lutheran has had some tough games the last two weeks and I don't think things get any easier this week. Parke Heritage has some great athletes and I think the 35-0 score against AC in week 3 is not representative of how that game would go without the weather conditions that game was played in. I think the winner of this game will end up in LOS.

North Central over Tri 31-28 - I have no clue about either of these teams.

2 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

I feel like the Winamac and North Judson people just need to switch to DMs. The game was played 2 weeks ago. Let's move on to the regional championship matchups...

North Judson over Carroll 24-17 - I could see this being a really good game, but I'm rooting for Carroll so AC can host semistate if they beat SA.

Adams Central over South Adams 38-17 - The 2019 regional upset of SA by AC will come up a lot. This is 2021. Can't apply past narratives to different teams/situations. Most of the seniors at AC played important roles in the 19 game and they know what can happen if you overlook anyone at this point in the season. It should be much more competitive than earlier in the season with Wanner back at QB.

Lutheran over Parke Heritage 38-24 - Lutheran has had some tough games the last two weeks and I don't think things get any easier this week. Parke Heritage has some great athletes and I think the 35-0 score against AC in week 3 is not representative of how that game would go without the weather conditions that game was played in. I think the winner of this game will end up in LOS.

One big thing that Lutheran has also is the been-there-done-that culture of that school.  For the last five seasons, Lutheran's season has come to an end at the hands of 3 state champions and two runner-ups with three of those in semis and one under the dome at LOS.  For of those games, the most recent as a matter of fact, were all decided by 8 or fewer points.  I also have to imagine that Lutheran's looking in the mirror like this year is their destiny year.

4 hours ago, Spanky Harper said:

Lord that sounds like a lot of excuses.  Weinersmack hasn't played in two weeks and no one cares.  Jim Hendricks will be gone.  We really need to put this coddlin of the warriors to bed.  Judson would have won in the rain, in the snow, in the mud, in the blood, and definitely would have won on turf in perfect conditions.  Now, i have to go aren's field and fuel up my airplane.  its gonna be a long week preparing for this regional championship for the Bluejays and i need to go scout out the conditions of the field in Carroll.  Hopefully, they leave the sprinklers on all week cuz you know judson is made for the mud.  

Winamac didn't leave the sprinklers on all week. They had been shut off for three weeks. 

If you are so confident on turf, then why did you guys say no to Winamac asking to play Saturday at Logansport? 

2 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

I said my last words on the subject then some CMA guy hopped in. I am entitled to respond and then the Spanky troll hopped on. 

4 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Film sometimes doesn't do teams justice. 

Tri Central in 2013 looked slower than a turtle but once the game started it was pretty clear they weren't. 

Ive seen NJ live and other than Allen they don't have blow away speed but Owen and Quintin Frasure along w Aldric Harper are very very good linebackers. Allen is very hard to bring down in the backfield or tackle in general, the winamac kids had success getting to him but they weren't able to corral him a few times in the backfield. Whoever plays them can't arm tackle him and they have to wrap him up and hope help comes. If it's 1 on 1. He's gonna run you over majority of the time. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

1 minute ago, WalterSobchak said:

I said my last words on the subject then some CMA guy hopped in. I am entitled to respond and then the Spanky troll hopped on. 

You should be at McDonald’s scouting youth league players or getting your basketball stats ready, I swear to God you should!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Offintheyard said:

And you said

"If Judson beats LaVille and Pioneer they'll be the heavy heavy favorites."

They only beat LaVille and they weren't the heavy favorites. Its utterly disrespectful to not even consider winamac the favorites going in. They were the defending champions, returned virtually their whole team and last years Judson team would have smoked this years Judson team. 

The elements and Winamac's offense never giving themselves a chance doomed them.

But as a 98 alum from Winamac and being a lurker on this website for years. Its not out of the norm for winamac to be disrespected on here even when they are a quality, quality team. 

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2021 at 4:07 PM, WalterSobchak said:

They only beat LaVille and they weren't the heavy favorites. Its utterly disrespectful to not even consider winamac the favorites going in. They were the defending champions, returned virtually their whole team and last years Judson team would have smoked this years Judson team.

Judson plays Carroll (Flora) tonight so if you're wondering why no one is responding it is because there is no interest in hearing about Winamac any further.  I started posting on the GID three years ago and have had to hear about this 2021 Winamac team for several years now.  Winamac was the favorite on JH site before the sectional started by a wide margin.  Take solace in that.  It is all you have to celebrate after this season.  Winamac has possession of the traveling HNAC trophy.  That is your prize for the year.  You have the pleasure of holding that trophy until week 1 when Knox beats Winamac by 30 to open the 2022 season.  Put it to rest and eat crow.  Your mouth wrote a lot of checks and I'm sure that burning sensation in the back of your mind is your conscience telling you to let it go, but your pride and ego simply stand in the way.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Duke of Denham said:

Judson plays Carroll (Flora) tonight so if you're wondering why no one is responding it is because there is no interest in hearing about Winamac any further.  I started posting on the GID three years ago and have had to hear about this 2021 Winamac team for several years now.  Winamac was the favorite on JH site before the sectional started by a wide margin.  Take solace in that.  It is all you have to celebrate after this season.  Winamac has possession of the traveling HNAC trophy.  That is your prize for the year.  You have the pleasure of holding that trophy until week 1 when Knox beats Winamac by 30 to open the 2022 season.  Put it to rest and eat crow.  Your mouth wrote a lot of checks and I'm sure that burning sensation in the back of your mind is your conscience telling you to let it go, but your pride and ego simply stand in the way.  

couldnt agree more...someone needs to start a crybaby thread !

1 hour ago, FlyingHigh said:

https://outsidethehuddle.net/2021/11/12/blitz-regional-championship-picks/

So much for Coach Grant Moser's "underdog" approach. Blitz from OTH has South Adams as 1-point favorites. 

It says “The Flying Jets are the better team, but South Adams has nothing to lose as the heavy underdog.” I don’t think he’s calling South Adams the favorite, he’s picking an upset.

2 hours ago, 260AC said:

What a joke. The rivalry is real but painting the Jets as the underdogs is ridiculous.

Blitz isn't invited anymore if we beat SA tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

1/2 the content he posts is in hopes of generating online chatter.  Good for his click counter but not much else.  Didn’t rain enough to make tonight’s game close.  AC 35 SA 10

8 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Hes barred from Adams County!

Jets played pretty good but there is more to be desired, it was pretty close in the first half even though they were in control the entire time. Excited to see them win there 14th Regional Championship and look forward to next weeks game.

6 minutes ago, 260AC said:

Hes barred from Adams County!

Jets played pretty good but there is more to be desired, it was pretty close in the first half even though they were in control the entire time. Excited to see them win there 14th Regional Championship and look forward to next weeks game.

It would have been a running clock after the first half on a good playing surface. My next weekly worry is our semi state record of 1-12. I think we should win, but bus lag to NJ is concerning. Also the memories of 03 always haunt me.