Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Regional # 2 New Prairie at Lowell

These 2 met week in week 3 and it was a great game then as it should be Friday. NP has changed up there offense since then and don’t rely on Mungia as much now. I’m sure Lowell has gotten better as the season has progressed and look forward to another slug fest.

20 hours ago, Rocket said:

The early forecast is calling for a rain/ snow mix with a game time temp in the 30’s. 

I don't think it would be a Lowell Regional without that type of weather. I haven't followed Lowell this year, but that beating they gave the Brickies caught my attention. I've read they've sustained some injuries this year and are finally playing with a healthy team. The Inferno is a very tough place to win at. I'll take the Red Devils 16-13  in the rematch.

59 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Any Lowell fans on here have any insight on how Lowell has changed since week 3?. Any must stop places to eat nearby?

Not sure about on the field but off the field Lowell doesn’t have a ton of restaurants. George’s right across the street from the high school has an 8 page menu of just about everything. Mi Ranchito is a Mexican restaurant not too far down the road from the high school. Other than that you may need to stop and eat in crown point or merrillville which both have more options and aren’t too far away (cp like like 10 minutes from the square to Lowell HS)

7 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Not sure about on the field but off the field Lowell doesn’t have a ton of restaurants. George’s right across the street from the high school has an 8 page menu of just about everything. Mi Ranchito is a Mexican restaurant not too far down the road from the high school. Other than that you may need to stop and eat in crown point or merrillville which both have more options and aren’t too far away (cp like like 10 minutes from the square to Lowell HS)

Foodie, townie--you guys hit the jackpot!!!

No, Lowell does not have a dearth of fine dining, but there are some good places:

1.  McVey's--about a mile west of the Inferno on SR 2/Commercial Avenue.  The only fine dining spot in our little burg.  Pricey, but well worth it.

2.  Mi Ranchito--two miles west of the Inferno on the main drag.   Very authentic, the owners are from Mexico.  Great food and better maragaritas.

3.  George's--across the street from the high school.  Will give Denny's (of which there's one at I-65 & SR 2) that is, well, Denny's...

$.  Bearski's--Awesome local sports bar with decent food and drinks.

5.  Dicky's Dogs--a Portillo's wannabe, but not bad.

6.  Aurelio's Pizza--real good sit down pizza place.

7.  Pizza Hut--not any better, but cheaper

8.  Loven Oven--Best pizza in town

9.  Athens Grill--great take out Greek and American food.

10.  No. ! Chinese--more like only one, but still pretty good take-out

11.  Chicquito Mexico--not bad, but not as Charming as Mi Ranchito.

12.  There's also a Shoop's Hamburgers in town, but they have odd hours.  Normal fast food, too.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scarab527 said:

They’re on a roll at the moment. That beatdown of Hobart was certainly a statement. The Inferno has been awfully good to the Red Devils this past month. 

Is it true Hobart had the ball 1st and Goal at the 1 on TWO different occasions and Lowell kept them from putting a point up? I believe I saw that written somewhere. 

6 hours ago, Gipper said:

Foodie, townie--you guys hit the jackpot!!!

No, Lowell does not have a dearth of fine dining, but there are some good places:

1.  McVey's--about a mile west of the Inferno on SR 2/Commercial Avenue.  The only fine dining spot in our little burg.  Pricey, but well worth it.

2.  Mi Ranchito--two miles west of the Inferno on the main drag.   Very authentic, the owners are from Mexico.  Great food and better maragaritas.

3.  George's--across the street from the high school.  Will give Denny's (of which there's one at I-65 & SR 2) that is, well, Denny's...

$.  Bearski's--Awesome local sports bar with decent food and drinks.

5.  Dicky's Dogs--a Portillo's wannabe, but not bad.

6.  Aurelio's Pizza--real good sit down pizza place.

7.  Pizza Hut--not any better, but cheaper

8.  Loven Oven--Best pizza in town

9.  Athens Grill--great take out Greek and American food.

10.  No. ! Chinese--more like only one, but still pretty good take-out

11.  Chicquito Mexico--not bad, but not as Charming as Mi Ranchito.

12.  There's also a Shoop's Hamburgers in town, but they have odd hours.  Normal fast food, too.

Is Aurelio's consider good up there? I know they started in Homewood in 1959 and are big across the South Burbs and into the Region. They opened up a place in Fishers a few years ago that seems to be thriving. I don't remember eating Aurelios. I was always a Gelsosomo's guy. 

8 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Is Aurelio's consider good up there? I know they started in Homewood in 1959 and are big across the South Burbs and into the Region. They opened up a place in Fishers a few years ago that seems to be thriving. I don't remember eating Aurelios. I was always a Gelsosomo's guy. 

Not too bad.  The nearest Gelsosomo’s is in St. John.

Thanks for the food recommendations. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s game, and hope the weather doesn’t impact it to much. I believe whoever wins this game will represent the north down at state. Nothing against the 2 other teams but I just feel these two are a little better.  I’ll take the cougars to win 20-14 but wouldn’t be surprised if it went the other way.