Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 3

Well I guess no one has anything else to say about week 2 so here’s the games.

Fountain Centrals @ Riverton Parkes 

North Vermilions @ Covington 

Seegers @ Attica 

South Vermilions @ The Woods of Parke Heritage 

Here’s my official Donnie Baker rankings after 2 weeks of non conference play

North Vermilions. Too good of staff to not compete 

South Vermilions. One of the biggest 2A schools in the hoe state. They should win it every year. The WRC doesn’t help them much in the 2A tournament 

Riverton Parkes. First 2-0 start since 2006. Maybe this is the year. Sounds like they get the move-ins down there now 

I think FC and Seegers are close. The ponies should have beaten Crawdadsville but a 90 yard scoop and score after a long drive turned the game around 

Covington run on talent ended, they’re playing soccer instead 

Attica. Give the players credit for sticking with it. Low numbers and maybe some chics playing. 
I’m Donnie Baker and I approve this message 

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

It's sad that your #1 team in the conference got waxed at home by Linton 64-15.  Granted the Miners are a good 2A team, but is the WRC just that bad this year?

Well yes they got waxed. One may argue the Liptons are just a good 2A team. Really? For 1A the Vermillions. are a very good team and have a very good coach. I question why the Liptons play any WRC teams. Please don't discount NV and use the good Liptons as the reason. Just a thought

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, globemstr3 said:

Well yes they got waxed. One may argue the Liptons are just a good 2A team. Really? For 1A the Vermillions. are a very good team and have a very good coach. I question why the Liptons play any WRC teams. Please don't discount NV and use the good Liptons as the reason. Just a thought

I think at one time it was a benefit for both teams but Liptons will probably never be 1A again and should look for some 2-4 A teams to prepare them for Madder Days

• Like 3

Best thing about this week is that at least more than one conference team will win!

FC @ RP - After watching RP play last week I hope FC pulls this on out. With that being said, the running back #24 for RP is pretty darn good. If any team can stop him they will have a chance to win. I'm going with FC 27 RP 20

NV @ Covington - After Covington's bad loss last week I think NV will beat them badly. NV will be better coached and prepared for this game. I'll take NV 35-14

Seeger @ Attica - Seeger looks to bounce back and win big after a horrible loss last week. Seeger wins 50-12

SV @ PH - After watching PH last week I don't think they'll have a chance against SV. SV will move the ball however that want. SV win 34-12

I went to two games last week. I went to PH vs West Vigo. Safe to say that PH will struggle the rest of the season. I also went to the RP game and the team they played was terrible. Most of the kids were home schooled and only practiced a couple times a week. RP was up big and left the starters in the whole game and kept feeding their stud running back.. 

Pre-Conference play rankings

NV

SV

FC

RP

Seeger

Covington

PH

Attica

Edited by WRC123
  • Like 1

Fountain Central @ Riverton Parke - I'll take RP because this is their year.  Or was it next year?  Or next year?  Or the year after that?

North Vermillion @ Covington - the Falcons pop the Trojans.  NV with a nice bounce back win.

Seeger @ Attica - my profile pic is an old-school Seeger helmet.  Gotta go with the Indians over the Ramblers.

South Vermillion @ Parke Heritage - will the Wolves become the Turkey Run of the WRC?  Did all of the Terre Haute kids move back or to RP?  

• Haha 2

Week 3 Picks...

Fountain Central @ Riverton Parke - The Mustangs couldn't pull it off against the deceptively bad Athenians of Crawfordsville. (Maybe if they had those 2 time outs in the 4th quarter) But their QB is a tough kid. The Panthers pounded the ball against that poor team from Michigan. (Who would probably beat some WRC teams.) They are 2-0 for the first time in a while. The Panthers have a pretty good player toting the ball as well. This could be a good game or a blowout. Surprisingly, I think the Panthers actually have more depth. They win without throwing a pass, 24-12.

North Vermillion @ Covington - The Falcons get a rebound game this week after getting destroyed (as expected) by Linton. Although I don't think anyone in the WRC could hang with the Miners. I don't know how far the Trojans have fallen, but I heard their numbers are down. Tough loss last week at home against a usually not good South Newton. Soccer fever must be gearing up. Falcons get a running clock, 44-6.

Seeger @ Attica - Really thought the Patriots would pull it off against Benton Central. They find themselves 0-2 and looking for a win. This week they finally get it done against a struggling Red Ramblers squad. Big trouble in little Attica these days on the football front. Another running clock, 41-0.

South Vermillion @ Parke Heritage - I'd love to know how the Woolfs managed to have 3 home games to start off the season. Unfortunately, it has not helped them in the win/loss column. West Vigo was pretty impressive in handing them a beat down after a close start last week. The Wildcats look to get back to their winning ways after getting roughed up last week also in Sullivan. This may be a Dog Fight early, but the Wildcats will pull away, 35-12. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WRC123 said:

Best thing about this week is that at least more than one conference team will win!

FC @ RP - After watching RP play last week I hope FC pulls this on out. With that being said, the running back #24 for RP is pretty darn good. If any team can stop him they will have a chance to win. I'm going with FC 27 RP 20

NV @ Covington - After Covington's bad loss last week I think NV will beat them badly. NV will be better coached and prepared for this game. I'll take NV 35-14

Seeger @ Attica - Seeger looks to bounce back and win big after a horrible loss last week. Seeger wins 50-12

SV @ PH - After watching PH last week I don't think they'll have a chance against SV. SV will move the ball however that want. SV win 34-12

I went to two games last week. I went to PH vs West Vigo. Safe to say that PH will struggle the rest of the season. I also went to the RP game and the team they played was terrible. Most of the kids were home schooled and only practiced a couple times a week. RP was up big and left the starters in the whole game and kept feeding their stud running back.. 

Pre-Conference play rankings

NV

SV

FC

RP

Seeger

Covington

PH

Attica

Nice write up. I swear to God it is

• Like 1

Fountain Central @ Riverton Parke- FC seems to be playing iron man football and RP might actually have some depth this season. RP Grounds, Pounds, and Repeats. Maybe we see someone other than the bell cow get going? If that happens could RP be dangerous down the stretch? As with any other RP game no passing allowed for RP. They must've ripped those pages right out of the playbook. RP 30-14.

North Vermilion @ Covington- NV will be in a bad mood after a tough week (expected but still hard to take) against Linton. NV will want to show they aren't a punching bag. Heard Covington's numbers are down. This all makes it a bad combination for the Trojans. Cue the running clock NV 56-20

Seeger @ Attica- Seeger probably a bit stunned to start 0-2. They'll take it out on the Ramblers. Seeger 40-0

South Vermillion @ Rockville Parke Heritage- PH is in trouble with their QB off to Bama. Could they go from State contenders to a possible winless season? What a fall that would be for the Rox  Wolves. SV runs all night, throws some bombs, fills the stat sheet, and walks away looking like they could win the conference. SV 60-6

17 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Coach WRC123 always has the inside track on Rockville (it’s always Rockville to me) and RP.  Best of luck to all the teams this week.  

SV 

RP

Seegers

NV 

17 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:09 AM, WRC123 said:

Looking at stats on MaxPreps, the RP kid did have a big game, but only on 14 carries. He must be starving to death if he only got 14 carries and ended up with 250+ yards and 5 TDs

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Bear54 said:

Looking at stats on MaxPreps, the RP kid did have a big game, but only on 14 carries. He must be starving to death if he only got 14 carries and ended up with 250+ yards and 5 TDs

He actually had 16 carries, according to MaxPreps. I wasn't referring to the amount of carries, but when he was getting those carries. I recall RP being up I think 35 points in the fourth quarter and they still kept giving him the ball. Put the young bucks in and let them get some playing time

Edited by WRC123
  • Like 1

FC vs RP - The RP bandwagon is in 4 wheel drive. Will Herbie and the Lovebugs have anything for them?  Panthers pull out a close one 24-22

NV vs Cov - The Men of Troy seem to have a Trojan Complex, Falcons might be the best of the WRC, but is that an accomplishment?  NV 34-14

Seeger vs Attica - Start the clock and keep it running, Patriots get better in hurry and the expense of Rambler Dan.  Seeger 56-6

SV vs PH - Wolf fans are really wishing Moore wouldve built a program instead of chasing W's at the teams expense.  Take the Visors big........49-6

Hey boys! It's time for Ms. Lucy's first conference ranking!

1. Riverton Parke Panthers

2. South Vermillion / North Vermillion

4. Seeger

5. Covington

6. Parke Heritage

7. Fountain Central

8. Attica

I'm all Armadillo, but I think 2022 might be the year of the Panther! Growlllllllll 

7 hours ago, WRC123 said:

He actually had 16 carries, according to MaxPreps. I wasn't referring to the amount of carries, but when he was getting those carries. I recall RP being up I think 35 points in the fourth quarter and they still kept giving him the ball. Put the young bucks in and let them get some playing time

It's kinda sad really that a team that has had very little success over the years, gets rubbed in the dirt because they score points. From what I heard the Panthers looked a little sloppy in both games. Maybe the coaches were trying to sharpen the kids up a bit by playing them more. Or maybe they've had that done to them by every team that has played them in the last few years that they wanted a taste. If that's the case, the woofs and ramblers better watch out because if memory of the wrc serves me correctly, they never held anything back. Either way good luck Panthers and the rest of the WRC

7 hours ago, Air bud said:

It's kinda sad really that a team that has had very little success over the years, gets rubbed in the dirt because they score points. From what I heard the Panthers looked a little sloppy in both games. Maybe the coaches were trying to sharpen the kids up a bit by playing them more. Or maybe they've had that done to them by every team that has played them in the last few years that they wanted a taste. If that's the case, the woofs and ramblers better watch out because if memory of the wrc serves me correctly, they never held anything back. Either way good luck Panthers and the rest of the WRC

The players and coaches at those schools probably aren't there now, so this makes no sense.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

If they're leaving starters in and not allowing younger players an opportunity they are only hurting themselves in the long run.  You don't sharpen kids up by dominating weak competition.  You give them a false sense of superiority.  But good luck with that strategy as I'm sure it will take them very far.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

At first I was impressed with the start by Riverton Parkes. After hearing they didn’t poe their starters against the Amish Christians home school boys I’m not so sure. I gotta go

I too was at the game Donnie, just like WRC123. The Amish Christians scored on their final two possessions of the 2nd quarter after RP turnovers and again on the first possession of the 3rd quarter to make it a 42-18 game. #24 scored all of his offensive TDs in the first half. The Panthers played a really bad 3rd quarter and couldn't get the running clock until the 9 minute mark of the 4th quarter when #24 took an Amish pass at the goal line 100 yards on an INT return TD. That's when the JV offense and defense came in to finish the game. So, nothing really out of the ordinary for any team in a similar situation.

If anything the Panthers should be criticized for not finishing off the Amish early enough and letting them hang around. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bear54 said:

I too was at the game Donnie, just like WRC123. The Amish Christians scored on their final two possessions of the 2nd quarter after RP turnovers and again on the first possession of the 3rd quarter to make it a 42-18 game. #24 scored all of his offensive TDs in the first half. The Panthers played a really bad 3rd quarter and couldn't get the running clock until the 9 minute mark of the 4th quarter when #24 took an Amish pass at the goal line 100 yards on an INT return TD. That's when the JV offense and defense came in to finish the game. So, nothing really out of the ordinary for any team in a similar situation.

If anything the Panthers should be criticized for not finishing off the Amish early enough and letting them hang around. 

Don’t understand the big deal. IHSAA has established the point in a game when mercy is appropriate. If the clock’s not running, pedal to the metal. Once the running clock starts, mercy should be shown by the winning team. It’s pretty black and white to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Thanks for the input Bears. That clears things up. I do agree with Ballhawks. I don’t think kids that were in grade school (Attica) need revenge taken out on them. 

Well I guess no one has anything else to say about week 2 so here’s the games.

Fountain Centrals @ Riverton Parkes 

North Vermilions @ Covington 

Seegers @ Attica 

South Vermilions @ The Woods of Parke Heritage(This sounds like a fancy Carmel apartment complex, I swear to god it does.)

3 hours ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Don’t understand the big deal. IHSAA has established the point in a game when mercy is appropriate. If the clock’s not running, pedal to the metal. Once the running clock starts, mercy should be shown by the winning team. It’s pretty black and white to me.

Welcome back Woody. I’m ready to kick your ass in a pizza eating challenge. I swear to God I am!