Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Pal @ Cathedral

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Just explaining to someone that doesn't get it....its not about JV football.  Never was.  

But I can understand why you desire the actions of your coach to not be discussed.

I’ve offered my opinion on the situation.

It was a JV football game, and the last one of the season at that.

You’re still talking about a JV football game in mid-November.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

I’ve offered my opinion on the situation.

It was a JV football game, and the last one of the season at that.

You’re still talking about a JV football game in mid-November.

NO...I am talking about a coach's response to rule breaking, justifying it.  The excessive quarters impacted BOTH the varsity game friday night (with additional depth not afforded to the other team) and the game on Saturday.

I am talking about culture....another shenanigan

But I understand dumbing it down to an end of the year JV game helps deflect the issue....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

It has nothing to do with a single JV game.  My beef was the coach's response flippantly admitting non-compliance with a rule (that effects BOTH friday and sat night's game) and fans that want to brush both the event and the coach's unfortunate response on GID under the rug.  Had the coach said  nothing, or stated it was an honest mistake, not a biggie.  But he admitted to breaking rules with a smug response.  It is wrong and there is no 2 ways about it.

I don't have anything to prepare for....I will say this again....I am not affiliated with GGHS sports, no kid involved, etc.

The CG fan that started the thread was NOT wrong.  The playing of excessive quarters occurred, a Cathedral coach admitted it and stated his distaste for the rule...

Word to the jack-o-lantern world IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FRIDAY NIGHT. I don't know how elde to spell it out! Special Teams no matter what part doesn't count towards anything. Yiu can keep spouting but IT DOES NOT MATTER! Why do you keep bringing up a Friday night game. Let alone a Saturday JV game in the last week of the season?! I know you have an agenda but jeeze whiz give it a rest, you sound so incompentent it's not even funny (coming from someone that was a parent of a son that played in the Mid-State Conference) just give it a rest.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

NO...I am talking about a coach's response to rule breaking, justifying it.  The excessive quarters impacted BOTH the varsity game friday night (with additional depth not afforded to the other team) and the game on Saturday.

I am talking about culture....another shenanigan

But I understand dumbing it down to an end of the year JV game helps deflect the issue....

For someone not affiliated with CG and claims to have no dog in the fight, you sure seem to have all the answers and insight. You still can’t keep talking about a JV game that happened over a month ago.

Never seen a person die on a hill like this.

Hmm….things that make you wonder

Edited by Footballking16

12 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Maxen is having fun, but definitely needs a haircut. We are having a blast watching him.

This thread has definitely taken a turn for the worse.  Game tonight went about like I expected. Dragons went 5 wide. Had some open guys and made a few plays. Defense held their own, but wore down. Had a few injuries tonight, including QB knocked out for almost the entire second quarter. Hurry up offense for Cathedral was a nice wrinkle. Very young Dragons team that needs to get a little tougher and a lot more focused in the future. It’s back to 4A for NP.

Agreed on all accounts (I have a son close to Mxen's age that needs a hair cut) stay well my friend!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Word to the jack-o-lantern world IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FRIDAY NIGHT. I don't know how elde to spell it out! Special Teams no matter what part doesn't count towards anything. Yiu can keep spouting but IT DOES NOT MATTER! Why do you keep bringing up a Friday night game. Let alone a Saturday JV game in the last week of the season?! I know you have an agenda but jeeze whiz give it a rest, you sound so incompentent it's not even funny (coming from someone that was a parent of a son that played in the Mid-State Conference) just give it a rest.

The quarter rule is combined for both friday and saturday correct?  If a player exceeds the quarter limit, it is an impact to both games.  He was used either more than he should have been friday and saturday....and the other team was not afforded that same opportunity.  The coach ADMITTED the rule was broken...flippantly...but he admitted it.  The player in question should have either been held out more either friday or saturday.  

You want to name call and make this personal, that's fine.  I won't retort in the thread, but feel free to send me a message privately.  We can go from there.

38 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

For someone not affiliated with CG and claims to have no dog in the fight, you sure seem to have all the answers and insight. You still can’t keep talking about a JV game that happened over a month ago.

Never seen a person die on a hill like this.

Hmm….things that make you wonder

LOL...I'm talking about crap that always tends to follow your beloved Cathedral program, and not just a single game.  You know EXACTLY what I am talking about.  Don't play dumb....just doesn't work for the "smartest guy on this forum".

I am not affiliated with the CG HIgh School program...nor do I have a son or relative in the program.  But I am fan of the program...and the MIC in general.  Just want to be clear as you tend to try and speak for others often on GID.

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

LOL...I'm talking about crap that always tends to follow your beloved Cathedral program, and not just a single game.  You know EXACTLY what I am talking about.  Don't play dumb....just doesn't work for the "smartest guy on this forum".

I am not affiliated with the CG HIgh School program...nor do I have a son or relative in the program.  But I am fan of the program...and the MIC in general.  Just want to be clear as you tend to try and speak for others often on GID.

You’re the only person continually talking about a JV game from a month prior. I understand Cathedral lives rent free in your head and you have a narrative to push on here but good Lord give it up guy.

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You’re the only person continually talking about a JV game from a month prior. I understand Cathedral lives rent free in your head and you have a narrative to push on here but good Lord give it up guy.

I find JV football boring even as it is.. I compare it to the SWAC of college football lol. 

Good luck to the Irish on Friday, just gotta stay healthy. 

Edited by Olympian06

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I was surprised that New Pal only brought about 40 players to the game Friday night.  Is that a normal number for them?

I believe so.. 40-45 players is about it for them. New Pal, while a growing community, is a small school. That’s why I’m always so amazed by the success, the strength and condition program that Kyle Ralph and his crew has going on there is top notch. 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

I believe so.. 40-45 players is about it for them. New Pal, while a growing community, is a small school. That’s why I’m always so amazed by the success, the strength and condition program that Kyle Ralph and his crew has going on there is top notch. 

Thanks.

• Like 1