Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Latest AP Football Poll

37 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Don't think Sheridan is "benefitting" from urban sprawl. I think the reverse is more accurate. Sheridan has one of the proudest football traditions in the state. They haven't won a sectional in 10 years. I would categorize their enrollment as stagnant at best. Seems like they are losing families looking to move closer to Indy. Certainly don't fit the profile of a school corporation benefitting from urban sprawl. 

Only a matter of time, the urban sprawl creeps ever outward.

Edited by Muda69
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Whiteland's school district wraps around Greenwood's and includes all of the unincorporated land east of Greenwood in Johnson County. It actually borders Marion County for more miles than Center Grove does. 

"Indianapolis" schools are those in Marion County. 

"Indianapolis-area" schools are those in Marion County and the eight donut counties (and I'd add Pendleton Heights into that, too), as the donut counties - *especially* the ones that border Marion County that are largely bedroom communities (Plainfield, Avon, Brownsburg, Zionsville, Carmel, HSE/Fishers, Mt. Vernon, New Pal, Whiteland, Greenwood, Center Grove ... and to a lesser degree, Triton Central, although Shelby County has basically forbade residential development outside of Shelbyville, thus keeping TC a small, largely rural school). 

I don't see any of the donut county schools listed as Indianapolis Area schools here: https://www.greatschools.org/indiana/indianapolis/schools/?gradeLevels[]=h

3 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I don't see any of the donut county schools listed as Indianapolis Area schools here: https://www.greatschools.org/indiana/indianapolis/schools/?gradeLevels[]=h

All those schools in that link have physical Indianapolis address. "Indy area" in most peoples minds are schools that make up metropolitan Indianapolis (city/township/surrounding counties). I myself think all the city/township + suburban schools make up the Indy area. Some think any school that is located in a bordering county is considered an Indy area school. Tough to convince me that a school like Martinsville or WeBo is an "Indy area" school.

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The urban sprawl that will spring up along the new I-69 corridor will be convincing enough.

Martinsville is far enough away from Indy that it likely won't be affected much by suburbanization. Much of the growth along I-69 will likely happen in the Center Grove district (which I-69 runs through for a while before it bends into Morgan County and Martinsville). 

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

In the event Martinsville becomes a town of more than 50k people where people actual relocate you might have an argument. 

Again, depends on your criteria.  BTW,  it is a 47 minute drive from Martinsville to Circle Center in Indianapolis.  By one other criteria on this forum that makes the Artesians an Indy-area school.

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

Martinsville is far enough away from Indy that it likely won't be affected much by suburbanization. Much of the growth along I-69 will likely happen in the Center Grove district (which I-69 runs through for a while before it bends into Morgan County and Martinsville). 

I think you are correct...although it will be interesting to see if any significant development starts in northern Morgan County, just south of SR144, which is the last Center Grove exit in Johnson County.  (that may feed the Mooresville school system)

The reason I asked? Because I had no idea where Whiteland was. Quite frankly I had no idea where Decatur Central was. Originally I didn't think Indy had any representation in 5A this year. Now it appears they have two. Calling yourself state champs is a little sweeter when you can say you went through Indianapolis to get there. 

I want to say there is about 15 minutes of driving through cornfields to get from Fort Wayne to Belmont. So no, I don't consider Belmont a Fort Wayne Area school. Outside of the SAC, I'd consider New Haven (obviously), Leo, Heritage, and Woodlan, Fort Wayne area. That's about it. 

So, for what it's worth, I looked at the Indianapolis area map and found that 

Indpls Public Schools

Beech Grove

Decatur Township

Franklin Township

Lawrence Township

Metro School District of Perry Township

Metro School District of Pike Township

Purdue Poly

School Town of Speedway

Metro School District of Warren Township

Metro School District of Washington Township

Metro School District of Wayne Township

are considered Indianapolis area schools.

It seems that 'Indianapolis area" schools is a hot topic and has a wide-based understanding of what is "Indianapolis area"

Does it really matter?

We are all Hoosiers!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

2 hours ago, BTF said:

The reason I asked? Because I had no idea where Whiteland was. Quite frankly I had no idea where Decatur Central was. Originally I didn't think Indy had any representation in 5A this year. Now it appears they have two. Calling yourself state champs is a little sweeter when you can say you went through Indianapolis to get there.

Decatur Central has an Indianapolis address. It's just south of the loop in the SW corner of the city. It's a 10 minute drive from the airport. Whiteland is a growing suburban school in Johnson County, not terribly far from Center Grove. 

Plainfield is also a 5A school that most would consider Indy area.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:59 AM, Football Guru 25 said:

Is 3A that weak???      John Glenn has beat 3 teams that all have a 1-2 record...(BOONE GROVE....SB RILEY....ST. JOE)......  and they received votes to be ranked???  WOW!!!!!    I hope its not because they beat a bad St. Joe team!!!     Time will tell

Why u hating on Glenn?

20 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Whiteland is a growing suburban school in Johnson County, not terribly far from Center Grove. 

Whiteland's is a very large school district (still not as big as Franklin's) that includes a bunch of undeveloped farm ground east of 65.  For whatever reason Whiteland keeps getting high density housing so they could potentially have one of the highest enrollments around when it's all said and done.