• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Indian72

The New N.I.C. Week # 1

I kind of said/thought this would happen. The big school fans don't care what happens in the other division, nor do I imagine most small school division followers care much what is happening in ours. It's not relevant, of no consequence, importance to us/you. Might as well still be two separate conferences... and that's probably what this experiment evolves into eventually.

I imagine things will liven up a bit at the end of the regular season when some small school division fans claim their divisional winner could/would XYZ vs the large school divisional winner. We'll pull out CalPreps and Sagarin, interpret, rationalize, use circular logic, play six degrees of Kevin Bacon, and argue for a few weeks after.

Then the off season, other sports seasons will be filled with some "would you look at that" box scores, subtle, passive aggressive barbs, etc. as then things will be more relevant to all of us, the change.

Can't wait.

Don't worry AAM.

We all know no one in the NIC can beat Penn at anything.   :P

I kind of said/thought this would happen. The big school fans don't care what happens in the other division, nor do I imagine most small school division followers care much what is happening in ours. It's not relevant, of no consequence, importance to us/you. Might as well still be two separate conferences... and that's probably what this experiment evolves into eventually.

I imagine things will liven up a bit at the end of the regular season when some small school division fans claim their divisional winner could/would XYZ vs the large school divisional winner. We'll pull out CalPreps and Sagarin, interpret, rationalize, use circular logic, play six degrees of Kevin Bacon, and argue for a few weeks after.

Then the off season, other sports seasons will be filled with some "would you look at that" box scores, subtle, passive aggressive barbs, etc. as then things will be more relevant to all of us, the change.

Can't wait.

Not all fans are as delusional as you.  I don't think very many fans of the small division schools, if any, think they would beat Penn this year.  Maybe once every ten years if Penn has a down year and a small division school has a particularly good year, there might be a competitive game.

Not all fans are as delusional as you. I don't think very many fans of the small division schools, if any, think they would beat Penn this year. Maybe once every ten years if Penn has a down year and a small division school has a particularly good year, there might be a competitive game.

I should've said beyond that... more like who had the deeper conference, whose 3rd place team was better, which division is tougher to win, etc. kind of like how the NIC vs NLC debates have gone over the years.

35-7 Laporte at half. Not looking good for the Cougars. Both sides of the ball needs to step up big time.

St Joe came back to beat Concord 37-24.  Typical 1st game in many areas.  Several big plays on both sides of the balls.  Mistakes played into the game but nice to win the 1st one

Edited by Indian72

Who is the fb? Kicking game questions.. QB was outstanding.

Edited by Caveman

Some quick thoughts

Not surprised by Penn thrashing Valpo nor Mishawaka handling Portage

Marian handled Clay, Adams hung with Northridge, Riley took it on the chin from Leo,

Shocked by New Prairie score, Glenn opened well with new coach,  Elk Central showed it coming back

Jimtown battled N'wood but lost,  Plymouth win over Bremen as I expected.

You won't see the Mishawaka fullback carry the ball as much as Tanner Bradley did the last 2 years.  With a 3 year starter at QB, it will be similar to when Sam Schrader was the QB.  Kicking game....yea, that needs some work.

Edited by CavemenFB38

The interesting thing about that offense is the flexibility and diversity.

Wait to see how things progress through the year

Penns defense once again showing why it's so elite, they didn't give Valparaiso any great scoring chances. I feel the Kingsmen offense will not be that great, they can eat the clock and some long runs and good passing but something tells me they won't be able to score much vs a team like Carmel or Warren Central. Big test next week, some big school out of Michigan they play.

Penns defense once again showing why it's so elite, they didn't give Valparaiso any great scoring chances. I feel the Kingsmen offense will not be that great, they can eat the clock and some long runs and good passing but something tells me they won't be able to score much vs a team like Carmel or Warren Central. Big test in two weeks, as they travel to some big school out of Michigan!

Penn plays Merrillville next week not Birmington Rice, Michigan. They play them the 3rd week , and Orchard Lake St Mary's Michigan the 4th week.

Not worried about the passing game, Bohn lost his top two targets from last season and is still developing that rapport with his new crop of receivers. There's talent there, they'll get in sync.

Really liking that offensive line though. That's where the offense's success will begin and end. They have the potential to be really good. Valkahali is a truck and the other RB's bring different attributes to the table.

Defensively, they're good, but that's Penn's staple. They need these tests coming up. I hear OLSM has some speed to burn. I think Penn's up to the task.

Penn is Penn just takes time to get it working together.

It was just one game.

Think they will handle the Michigan schools

Penn is bigger than every high school in Michigan

OLSM not sure they have played the competition Penn does

BR plays the big Catholic schools from Michigan but not sure if they venture out of state

Penn plays Merrillville next week not Birmington Rice, Michigan. They play them the 3rd week , and Orchard Lake St Mary's Michigan the 4th week.

yep just saw that and corrected that

It was just one game.

BR plays the big Catholic schools from Michigan but not sure if they venture out of state

Interesting. Brother Rice ventures out of state often, and really successfully. Note the games in grey. Including beating Penn in 08

http://michigan-football.com/f/birbrice.htm

OLSM plays in a smaller division, but has played in the state finals 5 of the last 7 years, winning 2...including last year. They play in the Detroit Catholic League.....with Brother Rice. These aren't rural schools, they're metro Detroit schools. Penn's enrollment isn't going to phase them.

Penn may well win, I hope they do. It certainly won't be easy. Particularly the road trip to Brother Rice.

I remember that Brother Rice game in 08, I was a sophomore at Penn. That game was brutal!

You won't see the Mishawaka fullback carry the ball as much as Tanner Bradley did the last 2 years.  With a 3 year starter at QB, it will be similar to when Sam Schrader was the QB.  Kicking game....yea, that needs some work.

Went to this game, still not sure what to make of Mishawaka. Saw some things I liked, but Portage is just awful. Mish QB certainly is comfortable with the offense, they were crisp. Got a ton of push up front, vs. a much bigger team. But again, Portage is really, really bad. That kicking situation is going to end up being a serious problem for Mishawaka....

Awfully quiet thread... Are there still some butthurt posters about the new NIC that are boycotting?

Nope. Looks like you have posted.

It was just one game.

Public school size is really only relevant when comparing to another Public school . 

the largest public high school in Michigan has an enrollment of 2921.  They only have 29 high schools bigger than 2000 listed on their enrollment classification

Br Rice has 639 male students and they are classified as 1278

Orchard Lake St Mary's has 516 males classified at 1032