Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

West Lafayette and the rest of the conference

55 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Really? The IHSAA has specifically banned this practice. I expect the folks at McCutcheon will be getting a phone call Monday morning.

The fact is, this is a potentially dangerous stunt. Depending on atmospheric conditions, that stuff can hang in the air for a long time. There are reports of games being delayed 30 min. or more for the air to clear. And there have been instances of spectators with breathing issues, such as asthma, having to receive medical treatment as a result of breathing that stuff in.

I too thought it had been banned.  Luckily, it had mostly dissipated by the time the cloud had reached the field ... it wasn't as big as I've seen fans do it the past where it literally obscures all vision ... but I was wondering how it might have impact if it hadn't been thinned out.

4 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I thought foxbat was going to take care of that problem. 🙂

He mite have to resort to old school methods!!  😄  And McC is just not very good... I just don't c WL and LCC as title contenders with such weak Ds... the WL sched leaves lil opportunity to get better an LCC may not get past the Kings or Zebras if they can't buck up... just sayin.....

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

The Raiders carry the ball like its a loaf of bread.... why they were (held) to 14pts... 😂 

Four turnovers in the second half with two in the red zone makes it hard to put up points. Compared to yesterday where Harrison scored on four of its five second half possessions ... that sat on the clock for the fifth possession to run it out.

50 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I thought foxbat was going to take care of that problem. 🙂

39 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

He mite have to resort to old school methods!!  😄  And McC is just not very good... I just don't c WL and LCC as title contenders with such weak Ds... the WL sched leaves lil opportunity to get better an LCC may not get past the Kings or Zebras if they can't buck up... just sayin.....

I officially retired from coaching football back in 2020, so I don't have any direct or indirect influence anymore.  I'm just a dad and fan now ... a dad who helps to wrangle cats on the sidelines.

14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Four turnovers in the second half with two in the red zone makes it hard to put up points. Compared to yesterday where Harrison scored on four of its five second half possessions ... that sat on the clock for the fifth possession to run it out.

I officially retired from coaching football back in 2020, so I don't have any direct or indirect influence anymore.  I'm just a dad and fan now ... a dad who helps to wrangle cats on the sidelines.

When the Raiders can put 2 halfs together in the same game dey gonna b a tuff out!  😉

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:26 PM, dazed and confused said:

Almost.... I checked Harrells site and looks like 2013 was the year, you're probably thinking overall school year. Frys' mentor, Hall of fame coach Marshall Overley had Westside turned around long before that IMO ! That's why he's hall of fame ! 

I could not find that coach Overley was a member of the IFCA HOF.  Is he a member of a different one?  I know that coach Beck and coach Straley are both members of the IFCA HOF.

Edited by Major

31 minutes ago, Major said:

I could not find that coach Overley was a member of the IFCA HOF.  Is he a member of a different one?  I know that coach Beck and coach Straley are both members of the IFCA HOF.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2021/06/28/west-lafayette-football-marshall-overley-indiana-hall-fame-induction/5369324001/

Not sure this answers your ? or not...

On 9/10/2022 at 10:56 PM, dazed and confused said:

Thanks for the reply.  I did not remember this happening.  I will contact the folks that handle this with the IFCA and get it changed.

• Like 1