Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 5

Castle was a fine tuned machine for 48 minutes tonight…Lincoln not so much. Both teams traded punches in the first half as they combined for 5 consecutive TD drives. VL looked to make it a 6th consecutive at the end of the half, but fumbled into Castle’s end zone from the 2 on what would have likely been a score for a 21-21 game at intermission. Instead the Knights led 21-14. Big big moment in the game. 

Both defenses tightened some in the 2nd half. But Lincoln simply couldn’t get Castle off the field on 3rd down...leaving Hunt and company on the sideline…Easily the most frustrating game this season for the Lincoln defense. 85 Aignor torched the Alices early and 33 McCool was really elusive in the backfield down the stretch. 

And when VL had drives going in the 2nd half they ended with a couple big drops and a real questionable spot on a 4th down in Castle territory where forward progress was not recognized. 

Xander Hunt was still incredible in this one despite the offense being held in check overall. This was his best passing performance that I’ve seen in terms of his accuracy. It’s so fun to watch him improve each and every week.

Kudos to the Knights though. They simply were the better team tonight. They’re playing excellent football right now. Nothing to hang your head about if you’re VL. I sure hope that Castle/Reitz is streamed next week cause it’s gonna be a war. Must see TV.

The Alices have to regroup and get ready for homecoming week against an upset minded Harrison squad who embarrassed them a year ago. I think Big Green will respond as they did against MD. 

Edited by SEAL_63

6 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Castle was a fine tuned machine for 48 minutes tonight…Lincoln not so much. Both teams traded punches in the first half as they combined for 5 consecutive TD drives. VL looked to make it a 6th consecutive at the end of the half, but fumbled into Castle’s end zone from the 2 on what would have likely been a score for a 21-21 game at intermission. Instead the Knights led 21-14. Big big moment in the game. 

Both defenses tightened some in the 2nd half. But Lincoln simply couldn’t get Castle off the field on 3rd down...leaving Hunt and company on the sideline…Easily the most frustrating game this season for the Lincoln defense. 85 Aignor torched the Alices early and 33 McCool was really elusive in the backfield down the stretch. 

And when VL had drives going in the 2nd half they ended with a couple big drops and a real questionable spot on a 4th down in Castle territory where forward progress was not recognized. 

Xander Hunt was still incredible in this one despite the offense being held in check overall. This was his best passing performance that I’ve seen in terms of his accuracy. It’s so fun to watch him improve each and every week.

Kudos to the Knights though. They simply were the better team tonight. They’re playing excellent football right now. Nothing to hang your head about if you’re VL. I sure hope that Castle/Reitz is streamed next week cause it’s gonna be a war. Must see TV.

The Alices have to regroup and get ready for homecoming week against an upset minded Harrison squad who embarrassed them a year ago. I think Big Green will respond as they did against MD. 

Well written Seal, I was at Lidy for some of the action and you described what I observed better than the press.  Xander is legit as is the offense  scheme.  The Alices ran the option as it is designed and had success in doing so.  The Vincennes bleachers were well represented with a nice student section.  Well played.

<><

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Harrison is much improved over recent years. Good size in the trenches and several threats. 9 (Jackson), 31 (Wadlington) and 81 (Thomas) are very good. 

11 hours ago, tango said:

Surprised Harrison didn't utilize #81 more from TE position tonight. Kid is a beast and could really help sustain drives and run clock, which seemed to be part of the HHS game plan. Would fit well in our O for sure.

Me too, I don’t think he was targeted at all in the game. Hasn’t recorded a stat in 3 games either