Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2002 Mudsocks Game (HSE vs Fishers) an absolute classic and INSANE atmosphere

While I am a devoted Irish fan, I went outside the box to attend my first Mudsock game last night at HSE.  With the Cathedral / Chatard game ending up being a mis-match made me all the more happy with my choice of game to attend.

Holy cow.

Estimated crowd size was around 8,000 and if you didn't have a seat at 6:15PM you were standing.  Game lived up to expectations with HSE winning by one point in OT.  If you never attended Mudsocks Game, do your self a favor and put it on your list.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2022 at 9:22 AM, Dave007 said:

While I am a devoted Irish fan, I went outside the box to attend my first Mudsock game last night at HSE.  With the Cathedral / Chatard game ending up being a mis-match made me all the more happy with my choice of game to attend.

Holy cow.

Estimated crowd size was around 8,000 and if you didn't have a seat at 6:15PM you were standing.  Game lived up to expectations with HSE winning by one point in OT.  If you never attended Mudsocks Game, do your self a favor and put it on your list.

Totally agree.  I showed up to this game at 5:25 to make sure I got my seat at the 50 yard line.  In my opinion, it's the best rivalry and easily the best atmosphere in Indiana High School Football.  Only Evansville Reitz vs. Evansville Mater Dei at the Reitz Bowl is in the same conversation.  It was everything you would want in a football game.  Two great teams, a huge rivalry, a game decided in overtime, and a crowd as loud as can be.  If you're a diehard fan of Indiana High School Football, you have to attend at least one of these games in your lifetime.

Edited by LC_Bears_04
  • Like 1