Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 8

18 minutes ago, EaglesFan1964 said:

Off Topic - But is there any way South Vermillion and Coverdale could swap places in their conferences? Cloverdale would compete much better in that conference of 1A schools under new energetic young coach Tyler Lotz, who is as good as cloverdale has had, and SV would see competition in the WIC that would prepare them for sectional run. Just a thought. 

SV was in the WIC already and couldn't hang. Begged and pleaded to come back to the WRC to be the big fish in the small pond.

I don't see them giving up their small pond again. When you look at the odds of an SV Sectional Title, especially in football (and basically anything but baseball), it's virtually nonexistent. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andre Krimm said:

SV was in the WIC already and couldn't hang. Begged and pleaded to come back to the WRC to be the big fish in the small pond.

I don't see them giving up their small pond again. When you look at the odds of an SV Sectional Title, especially in football (and basically anything but baseball), it's virtually nonexistent. 

Yep, no way the WIC would let them back in. 

10 minutes ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Let's get the mounties in the conference too. The more the merrier

Unbelievable facilities. 

49 minutes ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Let's get the mounties in the conference too. The more the merrier

40 minutes ago, BillyBettis said:

Unbelievable facilities. 

Negative, they'll be as big as or bigger than SV in a few short years. Believe it or not, C-Ville is expanding. Don't fit the profile of small rural community school 

Agreed, Very Nice Facilities

1 hour ago, Andre Krimm said:

No way they'd ever go either. They know they have a hard time competing with anyone of a similar size. 

Is there a reason they don't seem to excel with schools their size? SOS is obviously a factor, but I don't think it makes or breaks a teams tourney run by itself. They don't have a high turnover rate with head coaches in any of their varsity sports. What are the factors at play?

10 minutes ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Is there a reason they don't seem to excel with schools their size? SOS is obviously a factor, but I don't think it makes or breaks a teams tourney run by itself. They don't have a high turnover rate with head coaches in any of their varsity sports. What are the factors at play?

In my opinion, a lot of it comes down to coaching. Not necessarily the ability of the coaching staff or how intelligent they are but the willingness of a staff to actually play to the strengths of their personnel. I don't think SV has ran a system that fits their athletes for a good while to find success in the tournament. You can outmatch smaller schools and athletes off pure size and talent but unless you can outscheme teams you don't find real success. 

Just my opinion though, I'm far from an expert.  

8 hours ago, EaglesFan1964 said:

Off Topic - But is there any way South Vermillion and Coverdale could swap places in their conferences? Cloverdale would compete much better in that conference of 1A schools under new energetic young coach Tyler Lotz, who is as good as cloverdale has had, and SV would see competition in the WIC that would prepare them for sectional run. Just a thought. 

This would make so much sense. The WRC needs to make that happen

Tonight's picks

Attica @ Covington.  Trojans take this one 28-6

Fountain Central @ North Vermillion.  This one could be a dog fight, I will pick the Mustangs 28-27

Seeger @ South Vermillion. Game of the week, and possibility for the WRC Title.  This one is a close one and the Wildcats will have home field advantage SV over Seeger 32-30

Saturday game. Parke Heritage @ Riverton Parke.  The Panthers win this one 40-6

Good luck to all WRC teams, stay healthy, sectionals start in two weeks.

Edited by Warren Wizzard

Little Rubbers win big. 
The Ponies by 2 tds over the Birds. I still wanna eat pizza with Crabtrees 

The Cherry pickers win the big school division by at least 2 tds and maybe 3.  It really won’t be close,  swear to God it won’t. 
RP by what ever they want over The Woofs. 

FC is the best 2-5 team in the hoe state and I’ll say it right to your face. 4 fumbles, 2 in the red zone and stopped inside the 1 on 4th and goe against Seegers. Fumble on 10 returned for TD against Crawdadsville, late turnover against RP. And last week it took a late interception by SV to pull away. 
South Vermilions won’t go back to the WIC. Southmonts won’t come to the WRC. STATE LAW 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:25 PM, BillyBettis said:

RP moms think I was sincere about planning to sabotage  the Riverton Parke  jalopy wagon and now they are storming the field after the game! This is going to be a tough weekend for Wolves fans. 

The only bright side is I don’t have to watch @KAllen ‘s bald head streaking around the town square since he’s getting bottle service in Vegas surrounded by lingerie models. #rockstar

A25A7123-50D6-41B6-8698-0807CD40E11D.jpeg

🏼🏼  The only truth BB has said about me all week!   Go Panthers. 

On 10/6/2022 at 11:51 AM, EaglesFan1964 said:

I think all the Putnam County Schools should switch to the WRC  - and leave SV in it. They could play GC, SP, NP for competition and leave Attica, FC, and Cloverdale alone.