Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 9

2 minutes ago, combthehair said:

RIVALRY WEEK!!!

This season has flown by. Can't believe its almost tournament time. 

I'm tempted to drive the 3 hours south for Jasper VL. Should be a barnburner.  

Should be a pretty good game, going to be a lot of running in that one

10 hours ago, combthehair said:

RIVALRY WEEK!!!

No kidding. That will be a great game.

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

JH Lines:

North (-39) at Central

Bosse at Harrison (-18)

Reitz (-14) vs Mater Dei (going to be a sellout crowd for this one)

Vincennes (-4) at Jasper

Castle at Memorial (-1)

I'll take North, Harrison, Reitz, Jasper and Memorial.

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Calpreps:

North (-38) at Central

Reitz (-17) at Mater Dei

Bosse at Harrison (-11)

Vincennes (-2) at Jasper 

Castle at Memorial (-1)

North

Reitz

Harrison

Memorial

Hate to do it but VL. I don't think we are able to stop their mobile QB and pass game. And we aren't about to win a shoot out. Also, VL defense has been one of the best things to watch this year. They SWARM the ball. 

18 hours ago, combthehair said:

RIVALRY WEEK!!!

Won’t be missing this one. Get there early!!

Massey:

North (-21) at Central, 88% chance of victory for the Huskies 

Vincennes at Jasper (-14), 73% chance of victory for the Cats

Bosse at Harrison (-14), 70% chance of victory for the Warriors 

Castle at Memorial (-1), 52% chance of victory for the Tigers

Reitz (-1) at Mater Dei, it is currently 50/50 tossup

On 10/8/2022 at 8:57 PM, TigerFan20 said:

SIAC has some futbol teams!

Memorial and Jasper wins their Futbol sectionals 

Since Linton-Stockton has been moved to a completely different sectional, I don't think Mater Dei has much of a sectional challenge this year.  The soonest they would cross paths with the Miners is the Semi-State round under the new 2A format.  Not certain MD has the horses to get that far this year but if we can get hot again as we enter the playoffs, anything is possible.

1 minute ago, MDAlum82 said:

Since Linton-Stockton has been moved to a completely different sectional, I don't think Mater Dei has much of a sectional challenge this year.  The soonest they would cross paths with the Miners is the Semi-State round under the new 2A format.  Not certain MD has the horses to get that far this year but if we can get hot again as we enter the playoffs, anything is possible.

The DL isn't as good as last year without Boots and Ralph, but everywhere else on the defense I think we are very solid.  On offense we don't have that explosive receiver like we had with Eli McDurmon, but the receivers are generally sure handed.  They rotate in 5-6 WR and they are all pretty interchangeable.  Isaac Goebel played on Friday for the first time since the VL game, Cody Wells should return to C/DL in time for sectionals.  Pierre looked fine in his return to the lineup on Friday, didn't get a ton of carries, but looked fine.  Luke McDurmon should be back soon too.  They are getting healthy at the right time of the year.  We shouldn't be challenged much in the sectional, but I expect a good, tight game with Triton Central/Scecina in the regional.  Linton may have a cake walk to the SS.

11 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

The Regional is going to be pretty tough for MD, as the Cats will either face Brownstown Central or Scecina, or Triton Central. And if you make it out of there, a pretty tough Semi-State

1 minute ago, Wildcat1992 said:

The DL isn't as good as last year without Boots and Ralph, but everywhere else on the defense I think we are very solid.  On offense we don't have that explosive receiver like we had with Eli McDurmon, but the receivers are generally sure handed.  They rotate in 5-6 WR and they are all pretty interchangeable.  Isaac Goebel played on Friday for the first time since the VL game, Cody Wells should return to C/DL in time for sectionals.  Pierre looked fine in his return to the lineup on Friday, didn't get a ton of carries, but looked fine.  Luke McDurmon should be back soon too.  They are getting healthy at the right time of the year.  We shouldn't be challenged much in the sectional, but I expect a good, tight game with Triton Central/Scecina in the regional.  Linton may have a cake walk to the SS.

I still have concerns about our overall speed on defense.  We seem a step slow vs SIAC teams so maybe just a 1/2 step vs 2A teams.  We have a lot of people going both ways at RB/WR & LB/DB/S so some concern about fatigue in tight games.  Agree we are getting healthy at right time but playing teams with speed like VL, RHS, etc will be a challenge IMO.  Few 2A teams have that kind of speed but certainly  L-S is one that does.  Paoli always gives us a really tough game so nothing guaranteed in Sect 40.

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

The Regional is going to be pretty tough for MD, as the Cats will either face Brownstown Central or Scecina, or Triton Central. And if you make it out of there, a pretty tough Semi-State

I think L-S has to be favorite coming out of the South this year.  They have a lot of returning players from last year and plenty of speed at skill positions.  MD could get taken out by Paoli in Sectional 40.  They always play us tough.

21 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

think L-S has to be favorite coming out of the South this year.  They have a lot of returning players from last year and plenty of speed at skill positions.  MD could get taken out by Paoli in Sectional 40.  They always play us tough.

I think one of the major problems MD is facing this season is the amount of 2-way players on the team. Strong feeling that a team that does not have many will try to exploit that, like how Memorial did in Week 4. If you do make it out the sectional, it might be an uphill battle. But remember, November is Coach Goebel’s favorite month of the year!

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I think one of the major problems MD is facing this season is the amount of 2-way players on the team. Strong feeling that a team that does not have many will try to exploit that, like how Memorial did in Week 4. If you do make it out the sectional, it might be an uphill battle. But remember, November is Coach Goebel’s favorite month of the year!

I think MD will roll in Sectional. By the time Regional rolls around they will be humming and ready for anyone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Is it an option for them to play on Saturday?

Actually, it appears Bundrant Stadium will be open that night, since North has to travel to Floyd Central

EDIT: It’s a home game for North so nvm on that

Edited by TigerFan20