Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ranking the North

Just now, Rodney said:

This isn't exactly academic writing

if you'll take note I also just start a new line whenever I feel like.

Knowing the difference between to/too/two isn't exactly academic writing either lmao.

I find the grammar police annoying usually, just thought calling someone "not to smart" was too ironic not to say something. 

16 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Knowing the difference between to/too/two isn't exactly academic writing either lmao.

I find the grammar police annoying usually, just thought calling someone "not to smart" was too ironic not to say something. 

It is a forum

I write in a way that gets my point across and nothing more

Were you unable to understand what I wrote?

15 minutes ago, Rodney said:

It is a forum

I write in a way that gets my point across and nothing more

Were you unable to understand what I wrote?

Once I corrected your error I was able to 😉.

It is indeed a forum. Just giving you some friendly advice that if you're going to attack someone's intelligence on said forum, make sure you're not committing basic grammatical errors when you do so lmao.  

On 10/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, Rodney said:

There isn't a team north of Carmel that has a fighting chance, other than Snider.

Not even Andrean? Most of what you said in this thread is the equivalent of saying water is wet. Nobody in this thread other than maybe Parkhurst has stated at all this season they think a northern team has a shot at 6A or that 5A is a meat grinder this year. Congrats on your hyperbolic diatribes, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

I was sitting in the end zone during that game.

This in no way invalidates what I said previously.

this Snider team would get blown out by the Snider team of 2015. 
Reading comprehension is not that difficult

Also, if you would care to read I originally stated that Snider was the only hope in the north, so please redirect your tears to the guy that thinks they won't make it out of the sectional, he isn't to smart but he has a lot of heart.

Ok then, I am sure they appreciated you sitting in the end zone. Of course, I would not expect logic to invalidate your statements… Believe whatever you want, doesn’t matter to me, but don’t state your opinion as fact

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

this Snider team would get blown out by the Snider team of 2015. 

Blowout? I disagree. But I think it's too early to draw that conclusion. If Snider fails to make it out of sectional for the fourth year in a row, then I'll concede. If they win state, then we'll have to revisit this. You've stated that Snider has a fighting chance, we get that. But I don't think Merrillville, North Side, and Mishawaka are as pitiful as you make them out to be. 

Dwenger winning again this year carries weight with me..they are the defending champs n will play as such in that sectional. They're physical n have a wr that can break open a game..same with Northside..rolling along and whoever gets them will be in a dogfight..Anderson has no chance..right? That 2015 Snider team has current D1 players..the sophomore class may have 1 or 2 this year..very similar with qb situations yet the former had hardware by this point..

7 hours ago, Rodney said:

This isn't exactly academic writing

if you'll take note I also just start a new line whenever I feel like.

Snider has had better teams last 3-4 years that still haven’t gotten out of sectionals 😂 hearing from snider fans this team is good but nothing compared to last few years. But it’s okay. It will all be put to rest in 3-4 weeks 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Snider has had better teams last 3-4 years that still haven’t gotten out of sectionals 😂 hearing from snider fans this team is good but nothing compared to last few years. But it’s okay. It will all be put to rest in 3-4 weeks 

Be honest Parkhurst, you got Merrillville 49 - Snider 10 in front of a sold out Demaree Stadium? Get a little payback for Jamaal Williams and that '92 team that was legitimately good enough to win State?

Edited by Boilernation

9 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Merrillville shouldn't worry, this is their year. 

On 10/8/2022 at 6:47 PM, Tippy said:

What if this happens?  2022 State Champions

6a Brownsburg or Center Grove

5a Whiteland or Bloomington South

4a New Palestine

3a Chatard or West Lafayette

2a Evansville Mater Dei

1a Indy Lutheran

Fort Wayne could be shut out again, just like last year.  I think only 3 teams north of Logansport have won state in the last 4 years, Andrean in 2021 and in 2018 Pioneer and FW Dwenger

Fort Wayne has very good teams.  The traditional powers have been bumped up and recently Snider and Luers back in their class level.  Dwenger was 4 points from going back to Lucas Oil in 5A and the following year probably should have beaten Zionsville to face Valois again. Carroll and HHS need a little more size to compete consistently in 6A.  Indy schools are all enormous and consist of 80-85% of 6A so of course they will win 6A virtually every year.  

19 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Once I corrected your error I was able to 😉.

It is indeed a forum. Just giving you some friendly advice that if you're going to attack someone's intelligence on said forum, make sure you're not committing basic grammatical errors when you do so lmao.  

Hallway monitor

8 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

I tend to agree. New Pal, most years will be too much for teams that don’t face consistent size all season. 

Let's be honest. They have arguably the best coach in the state and 6A talent playing at 4A. Nobody in 4A is going to want to see them in the playoffs. 

Per 247: 

Senior Class:

• 6'7 OT committed to Louisville
  • 6'1 WR committed to Ball State

Junior Class:

• 6'5 OL with at least 20 Power 5 offers

Sophomore Class:

• 6'2 DL with an offer from Tennessee listed. I'm sure there are other offers that aren't reported in 247. 

Outside of the above list I'm sure they have at least 5 guys (likely more) who will/could play at various levels of college.

• Like 1

For similar size schools to compete with New Pal, they have to put their 11 best guys on offense and defense and hope they are in as good of condition as the Dragons. From what I understand, New Pal plays their best athletes on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure how they would compete with 6a programs otherwise. 

14 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Be honest Parkhurst, you got Merrillville 49 - Snider 10 in front of a sold out Demaree Stadium? Get a little payback for Jamaal Williams and that '92 team that was legitimately good enough to win State?

No I got it more as a 35-21 game. 
man’s it’s more recent than that. 2012 merrillville lost 42-39 to snider @ snider merrillville was down big if I remember correctly and we fought back only to have a goalline fumble with under a min left in game. We should of played LC at state that year. 

7 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

man’s it’s more recent than that. 2012 merrillville lost 42-39 to snider @ snider merrillville was down big if I remember correctly and we fought back only to have a goalline fumble with under a min left in game. We should of played LC at state that year. 

Snider hasn't gotten out of sectional in three years. We're getting ahead of ourselves here. 

On 10/10/2022 at 5:50 PM, Piratefan101 said:

I think the north can come home with 3 state titles this year. 

Andrean to me is a easy pick. 

merrillville is possible 

Then (north Judson,Hanover,crown point 🤮,) are all capable to make it there 

I’d like to see. But I don’t think snider will be there. Something is telling me dwenger comes out that sectional. Not sure what but they look most impressive to me if they clean up penalties and little things 

So are you implying that Andrean is an easy choice to win Class 2A?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

21 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

So are you implying that Andrean is an easy choice to win Class 2A?

from_the_sidelines007

I feel everyone thinks Andrean is a little down from last year. When they have a mega suprise for Laville. Andreans road is simple after Laville 

I'm not one of those that feels that Andrean is down, I can assure you of that.

I would also add that the Andrean-LaVille game should come much later in the state tournament than in the second round of the sectional. 

I know that in our part of the state, the Andrean-LaVille game has been a highly anticipated game since the IHSAA announced the new sectional assignments.

IMO, both teams really do have a lot of talent.  I would venture to say that this will be a very attractive game for high school football fans, especially this early in the season.

It will very likely have a lot of statewide attention if both Andrean and LaVille both win their final regular season game and LaVille wins its opener against Whiting - Heck, it very well might be #2 v. #3.

from_the_sidelines007

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

I think LC would have waxed that Ville team. The ‘92 team really had a chance against Ben Davis.

14 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I think LC would have waxed that Ville team. The ‘92 team really had a chance against Ben Davis.

Agree and agree. I think Snider let off the gas against Merrillville in 2012 after taking a commanding lead. LC beat Snider by 24, Merrillville would have been worse. 

I always maintained that Snider, Ben Davis, and Merrillville were all on equal footing in 1992. Someone had to win. 

I also maintain that Merrillville is the team to beat in 2022. They've earned that target. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Agree and agree. I think Snider let off the gas against Merrillville in 2012 after taking a commanding lead. LC beat Snider by 24, Merrillville would have been worse. 

I always maintained that Snider, Ben Davis, and Merrillville were all on equal footing in 1992. Someone had to win. 

I also maintain that Merrillville is the team to beat in 2022. They've earned that target. 

Agree with you on Snider this year. I will take it a step further, it will either be Snider or North Side winning this sectional, period. Calling my shot now, Dwenger will not win this sectional this year and neither will Anderson. Book it

4 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Agree with you on Snider this year. I will take it a step further, it will either be Snider or North Side winning this sectional, period. Calling my shot now, Dwenger will not win this sectional this year and neither will Anderson. Book it

Possibly. I’m very intrigued by the idea of North winning this Sectional. I think it would give them a huge confidence boost and they would go on to win the North. If I’m North’s OC if I’m finding every way possible to get the ball in Johnson’s hands on a high percentage plays. He is the type of talent that can take over a playoff game. 

• Like 1