Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Center Grove

On 10/8/2022 at 11:22 AM, PHJIrish said:

Might as well get this one going.  I hope to see able to "see" this one.  I'm having cataract surgery on my left eye Wednesday.  I can't put it off any longer.

My physician told me I have an arthritic left knee.   I knew at some point that HS/College injuries were gonna bite me.  

I can still run with the best....

Give me 6-7 years, and I'll consider surgery for a knee replacement.  (until then) Cortisone is a hell of a drug!  😁

BTW:  I'll take the Irish by 7 in this one.  

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one!  However Irish need to get penalties under control, if they give up another +60 yards we could lose by 20+.  Keep it clean and probably will be a toss-up.  Since both teams have a loss already and the sectional pairings announced last night...game probably won't have as much hype as last year.

I don't know if it's just me, but the build up to this game just isn't there this year. This has been one of the marquee regular season games for the last couple years, this year it just feels like its another game. I honestly have no clue how good Cathedral is given they really haven't been tested in about 2 months. CG has gone about their business after losing a nail bitter in Kentucky. Here is to hoping for a good, clean,  injury-free game.

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I don't know if it's just me, but the build up to this game just isn't there this year. This has been one of the marquee regular season games for the last couple years, this year it just feels like its another game. I honestly have no clue how good Cathedral is given they really haven't been tested in about 2 months. CG has gone about their business after losing a nail bitter in Kentucky. Here is to hoping for a good, clean,  injury-free game.

Not as much national hype, because neither team is in the top 10, but I’m sure the coaches and the kids are just as excited about playing this game!

Having Brownsburg and HSE being undefeated and playing the same night steals some thunder also.

CG 42 Cathedral 31

28 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Always hate that one of the best games of the year is on Fall Break.  Will definitely impact the overall attendance.  But lots of people will be watching this one from afar.  IHSAA will like that.....

I would imagine the IHSAA TV will also be picking up the HSE / Brownsburg game instead of this one.

Just now, Dave007 said:

I would imagine the IHSAA TV will also be picking up the HSE / Brownsburg game instead of this one.

I met just streaming....I stated TV....may have gotten that one wrong.  Plenty of CG folks on fall break will take advantage of streaming the game.

I was at the Cathedral/Brownsburg game and a couple things stood out.  Brownsburg dominated on special teams, blocking kicks and getting big returns. Their defensive line was getting penetration all night, getting some big stops that their special teams turned into short fields.

Cathedral seems to have cleaned up their special teams and their offensive line seems to have gotten better, but hard to really tell against recent opposition.  But another thing the Brownsburg game showed was that Danny O’Neil can throw on the run, and he’s got some good targets to hit.  Cathedral put points on the board against Brownsburg even with O’Neil scrambling for his life all game.  

I don’t know who wins, but I don’t think this will be a defensive struggle like the past couple meetings.  I can see both teams putting up 30+ points.

50 minutes ago, JohnRob said:

I was at the Cathedral/Brownsburg game and a couple things stood out.  Brownsburg dominated on special teams, blocking kicks and getting big returns. Their defensive line was getting penetration all night, getting some big stops that their special teams turned into short fields.

Cathedral seems to have cleaned up their special teams and their offensive line seems to have gotten better, but hard to really tell against recent opposition.  But another thing the Brownsburg game showed was that Danny O’Neil can throw on the run, and he’s got some good targets to hit.  Cathedral put points on the board against Brownsburg even with O’Neil scrambling for his life all game.  

I don’t know who wins, but I don’t think this will be a defensive struggle like the past couple meetings.  I can see both teams putting up 30+ points.

Both teams seem to have improved from the start of the season....Cathedral can definitely put up some offense.  I like the Irish 42-35.

53 minutes ago, JohnRob said:

1 minute ago, Sports Freak20 said:

Both teams seem to have improved from the start of the season....Cathedral can definitely put up some offense.  I like the Irish 42-35.

This game has always been strange. Years when I think it is going to be a defensive struggle it ends up being 44-38 or 44-41. Years where I think it will be an offensive shootout it ends up being 7-0, 14-9, or 17-13. It has always been strange. Both teams have always gone all out too and didn't hold much back like others would think because it is the last game prior to the tournament. 

8 hours ago, Dave007 said:

This game will be on WHMB, Channel 40 in Indy.  I believe you can see a live stream at game time, and there will be a replay on TV at 10PM.  Also, the game will be broadcast on 1260AM in Indy, and they can be found on I-Heart radio for those out of the Indianapolis area.

IMO, the trick plays will stay in the bag during this game, in preparation for a possible rematch in the semi-state.  Of course, the Irish have a tough road just to get to the semi-state.

8 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

This game has always been strange. Years when I think it is going to be a defensive struggle it ends up being 44-38 or 44-41. Years where I think it will be an offensive shootout it ends up being 7-0, 14-9, or 17-13. It has always been strange. Both teams have always gone all out too and didn't hold much back like others would think because it is the last game prior to the tournament. 

Our crew had the 7-0 game at CG (2016).   

Up until that time, the best HS contest we ever had....  Great Atmosphere!   Bad sight lines for fans I suspect with the 'old' CG stadium configuration.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Our crew had the 7-0 game at CG (2016).   

Up until that time, the best HS contest we ever had....  Great Atmosphere!   Bad sight lines for fans I suspect with the 'old' CG stadium configuration.  

It was a great game! It was very close to seeing a rematch in Semi-State too. Cathedral lost a close 2 OT Regional game at Avon 37-34. Then after Avon won that 2 OT game against Cathedral, they lost at CG in 2 OT 35-34. Some great football games that year for sure.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, PHJIrish said:

This game will be on WHMB, Channel 40 in Indy.  I believe you can see a live stream at game time, and there will be a replay on TV at 10PM.  Also, the game will be broadcast on 1260AM in Indy, and they can be found on I-Heart radio for those out of the Indianapolis area.

IMO, the trick plays will stay in the bag during this game, in preparation for a possible rematch in the semi-state.  Of course, the Irish have a tough road just to get to the semi-state.

Just want to clear up for anyone wanting to watch this. The game will be on WHMB TV40 but it will not be live streamed on their website (I am assuming because Center Grove will be live streaming Pay Per View so WHMB can't live stream). It will be on the tape delay at 10pm on WHMB TV40. You can watch live only by paying for the Center Grove live stream on IHSAATV.org or listen on the radio on 1260AM or I-Heart Radio FoxSports1260.

10 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Just want to clear up for anyone wanting to watch this. The game will be on WHMB TV40 but it will not be live streamed on their website (I am assuming because Center Grove will be live streaming Pay Per View so WHMB can't live stream). It will be on the tape delay at 10pm on WHMB TV40. You can watch live only by paying for the Center Grove live stream on IHSAATV.org or listen on the radio on 1260AM or I-Heart Radio FoxSports1260.

I just found out about this.  PPV is getting traction for sure.  I guess I would have paid to attend, so I might as well PPV.

I sure miss not being there.  My eye is healing well, and I'm seeing well out of my left eye.  I will have my right one done after football season, which could be in a short time or after Thanksgiving.

46 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I just found out about this.  PPV is getting traction for sure.  I guess I would have paid to attend, so I might as well PPV.

I sure miss not being there.  My eye is healing well, and I'm seeing well out of my left eye.  I will have my right one done after football season, which could be in a short time or after Thanksgiving.

CG's webcast crew is very good.  I'm sure you won't appreciate the CG bias like I do but the announcers are good at what they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grover said:

CG's webcast crew is very good.  I'm sure you won't appreciate the CG bias like I do but the announcers are good at what they do.

Yeah, I've got 'em.  The bad snap hurt the Irish momentum, and the missed extra point too.  Center Grove 14, Cathedral 13 at  half.