N.I.C. - End of the regular season

Friday, Oct. 14
Bremen at Clay ©, 7 pm
Elkhart at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm
Penn at Adams ©, 7 pm
Riley at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Marian ©, 7 pm
Washington at Glenn ©, 7 pm

The Holy war 2022- having seen every game since 1967 I do not recall when both teams came into the game with a losing record.  Each team is 2-6.  Could be the makings of a fun game.

8 hours ago, johnny U said:

Saint Joseph, Marian, Riley, and Adams are all within 2  points on the Sagrin ratings.

St Joe vs. Adams: 21-14 (Adams runs out of time on the 1 yard line to end the game)

Adams vs. Riley: 6-14 (2 OT)

Marian vs. Adams: 7-6

That's some crazy parity right there.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:32 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Oct. 14
Bremen at Clay ©, 7 pm no need to say anything on this one
Elkhart at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm something tells me NP will take this one. I’m hoping they learned a few things from the Penn game. Cougars by 7
Penn at Adams ©, 7 pm Penn rolls big
Riley at Jimtown ©, 7 pm I’ll take Riley. Young team that seems to be getting better. Riley by 7
St. Joseph at Marian ©, 7 pm this ones a toss up for me, wouldntybe surprised to see either of them win. I’ll take the home team by 6
Washington at Glenn ©, 7 pm Glenn

The Holy war 2022- having seen every game since 1967 I do not recall when both teams came into the game with a losing record.  Each team is 2-6.  Could be the makings of a fun game.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:12 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

St Joe has a new staff and kids getting used to a new routine

Adams got a late start due to a late coaching change due to a job change

Marian had a lot of seniors last year - 

Riley has a new staff...starters who've never played football...kids who were lifting cinder blocks for weights the season prior.

-Have scored on their first play or drive in each game including New Prairie

-Have held a lead in all 8 games

-Have scored 236 points (St. Joe/Adams/Marian total combined 256)

-Lets not make excuses. Riley players had to adapt to a new culture as well.

Bremen- bounce back with this confidence booster after getting pounced on by the Wildcats. Bremen +48
Elkhart- Lions take this one +14. Nothing last week indicated NP could move the ball consistently on Penn. They will struggle again with Elkhart.
Penn- Adams hangs on for the first 30 seconds of this game. Penn's JV takes the field in the second half. Penn Boots Adams 40-0
Riley- Cats were without their signal caller last week. The ground game pounded Bremen on their senior night. Riley is looking to take home a share of a conference title. Cats trap the Jimmies in the box. Riley 30 Jimtown 14.
Holy War- neither team has seen any grace this season. Marian 10 St. Joe 7
Glenn- Falcons make a switch at QB late in the season. Can they reduce the turnovers and keep the ball out of Docker's hands. Glenn 17 Wash 7

Ho hum ending to a ho hum season. A lot of teams looking forward to a post season run. 

Bremen at Clay  - Bremen - nothing to say. 
Elkhart at New Prairie - Elkhart - I somehow feel better about this one than if NP would of won last week. Still think Elkhart will win. 
Penn at Adams - Penn - Penn trying to make a run in the post season to change the trajectory of the program. 
Riley at Jimtown - Jimtown - Probably the most intriguing game of the week. I think the teams are pretty evenly match but jimtown pulls out the win because that is what that program does. 
St. Joseph at Marian - Marian - the holy war feels more like a black plaque this year. Both teams struggled mightily this season but I think Marian is slightly better in 2022
Washington at Glenn  - Glenn - After some early season momentum Glenn has sputtered the back half. They look to get another "W" in the column this Friday.