• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
hhpatriot04

Predict Any Matchup Tool

Very Cool!

Castle (70.05) is a 7.49-point favorite (0.78-point homefield advantage) against Ev. Central (61.78)

calpreps has the Miners 55-0. Must be a similar rythmn and the pick tool is the same except its IN only. Il use calpreps.

FW Snider is a 84.56 favorite over Carroll FW. No predictor showing up for Carroll

FW Snider is a 84.56 favorite over Carroll FW. No predictor showing up for Carroll

Thanks. It's the parenthesis, which is messing it up. Working on it.

ETA: Fixed! Appreciate it. That's the type of feedback/debugging I need.

I also improved the size scaling, so it should show up better on tablets and mobile devices.

http://gridirondigest.info/predict

Cathedral is a 6 point favorite over Bishop Chatard according to this predictor.

Cathedral is a 6 point favorite over Bishop Chatard according to this predictor.

At the end of last season, Gibson Southern was still the favorite over Heritage Hills despite Heritage Hills beating Gibson Southern twice at Gibson Southern.

Last season, Jeff Sagarin tinkered with his HS football ratings, adding a "Golden Mean" component. I thought that put a lot of emphasis on margin-of-victory. This season, he has added a "Recent" component, which he says will really give greater weight to recent victories -- especially late in the season.

He and John Harrell provide an invaluable service for Indiana sports fans. We are lucky to have them doing all this pro bono! Sagarin's ratings are used as a component to determine the college football playoffs and previously the BCS. I believe he has a Master's degree from MIT and is a professor at IU, so he must know what he's doing!

This is sweet. Already saved to my favorites toolbar.

Thanks hhpatriot04

I understand why it does this and doubt that you will want to do anything differently for it, but this looks funny with the scientific notation. It's essentially saying that there is no statistical advantage to either team in this match up, so hopefully if we end up playing HH in sectional it will be at Brownstown and the 0.78 point homefield advantage works out for us lol

Brownstown (65.13) is a 1.1102230246252E-15-point favorite (0.78-point homefield advantage) against Heritage Hills (64.35) 

I understand why it does this and doubt that you will want to do anything differently for it, but this looks funny with the scientific notation. It's essentially saying that there is no statistical advantage to either team in this match up, so hopefully if we end up playing HH in sectional it will be at Brownstown and the 0.78 point homefield advantage works out for us lol

Brownstown (65.13) is a 1.1102230246252E-15-point favorite (0.78-point homefield advantage) against Heritage Hills (64.35)

Yeah, I think php defaults to float variables. I'll fix it so it rounds to the tenths digit.... Or maybe even whole numbers?

ETA: Is this better?

"Heritage Hills (64.35) against Brownstown (65.12) is a draw (0.78-point homefield advantage)"

"Woodlan (66.58) is a 0.5-point favorite (0-point homefield advantage) against New Prairie (66.11)"

"Adams Central (59.95) is a 1-point favorite (0.78-point homefield advantage) against Adams Central (59.95)"

*** I actually changed it so it will round to the nearest half point ***

Looks good! I think that will reduce future questions for you.

Wow, check out the Ridge playing in the Jungle. Edge to Patriots by 1/2 pt with the home field advantage. 

Looks like another lookup issue.  Ran Western against Tipton and got this:

Western (61.62) is a 22-point favorite (0.78-point home-field advantage) against Tipton (38.98) 

Western's predictor is around 35.xx and Tipton's is 38.xx.  Tipton should be getting the nod.  In doing a little more research, it looks like the tool is picking up Western Boone's predictor to use in the matchup.

Looks like another lookup issue.  Ran Western against Tipton and got this:

Western (61.62) is a 22-point favorite (0.78-point home-field advantage) against Tipton (38.98) 

Western's predictor is around 35.xx and Tipton's is 38.xx.  Tipton should be getting the nod.  In doing a little more research, it looks like the tool is picking up Western Boone's predictor to use in the matchup.

Fixed. Thanks!

Tipton (38.98) is a 4-point favorite (0.78-point home-field advantage) against Western (35.56)

. That would be just fine with me!

Will be a heck of a game is my guess.

Dang, LCC a 28 pt favorite against Rensselaer with home field on.

I don't think that one is a bug in the code.  :)