• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
hhpatriot04

Predict Any Matchup Tool

I ran center grove vs Cathedral and it had CG as a 98 point favorite with Irish at 0

I ran center grove vs Cathedral and it had CG as a 98 point favorite with Irish at 0

Fixed. Thanks.

Warren Central (94.6) is a 3.5-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Indpls. Cathedral (91.15)

Center Grove (97.5) is a 6.5-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Indpls. Cathedral (91.15) 

The lookups can be a little quirky because the data isn't stored in a nice pretty Excel or CSV file. I'm having to parse the actual .html page, which can sometimes be quite messy!

I understand why it does this and doubt that you will want to do anything differently for it, but this looks funny with the scientific notation. It's essentially saying that there is no statistical advantage to either team in this match up, so hopefully if we end up playing HH in sectional it will be at Brownstown and the 0.78 point homefield advantage works out for us lol

Brownstown (65.13) is a 1.1102230246252E-15-point favorite (0.78-point homefield advantage) against Heritage Hills (64.35) 

My apologies, I accidentally gave you a down vote while scrolling on my iPad.

My apologies, I accidentally gave you a down vote while scrolling on my iPad.

No problem lol

Fixed. Thanks.

Warren Central (94.6) is a 3.5-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Indpls. Cathedral (91.15)

Center Grove (97.5) is a 6.5-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Indpls. Cathedral (91.15)

The lookups can be a little quirky because the data isn't stored in a nice pretty Excel or CSV file. I'm having to parse the actual .html page, which can sometimes be quite messy!

No prob. I thank you for your hard work in putting somthing like this together

there most certainly can be a home field advantage.  

The home team hasn't been riding a bus for however long the ride was.

Usually alot more fans for the home team making noise in the stands.

We can say all we want, our kids aren't affected by it, but they are still 14-18 yr old kids.

Walk into Reitz Bowl as a visiting team, and tell me there isn't a home field advantage.

Now, can the kids rise above all the noise and changes of being the visitor,  of course they can. But there still is an advantage of playing at home.

Edited by WCGrad92
  • Upvote 1

Appreciate the feedback WC. 

Feel like we are reaching here...

On the average, how many fans attend high school football games? 

On average, 35 minute bus ride?

These games are outside, with no where near thousands of fans, TV camera's, etc.

Just not seeing a home field advantage with what you mentioned. 

I think there are some venues that do provide a home field advantage...aka Reitz.  But...when you look at a lot of these rural conferences where teams don't even practice on their own grass field so that the turf is as nice as possible for game night....I see close to negligible home field advantage in these types of conferences.  We are certainly working to create "an advantage" type of environment at our place but honestly for a 3A school averaging 1500 home fans during regular season...it's not like crowd noise is a huge factor.   I think .78 is probably accurate as an average across the state...I am sure it is statistically based on the historical data, that is why Sagarin uses that figure and adjusts it annually.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I think there are some venues that do provide a home field advantage...aka Reitz.  But...when you look at a lot of these rural conferences where teams don't even practice on their own grass field so that the turf is as nice as possible for game night....I see close to negligible home field advantage in these types of conferences.  We are certainly working to create "an advantage" type of environment at our place but honestly for a 3A school averaging 1500 home fans during regular season...it's not like crowd noise is a huge factor.   I think .78 is probably accurate as an average across the state...I am sure it is statistically based on the historical data, that is why Sagarin uses that figure and adjusts it annually.

I think you all are doing a good job of creating an advantage at your place, we were impressed with the energy.

46 minutes ago, npatman said:

I think you all are doing a good job of creating an advantage at your place, we were impressed with the energy.

Thank you!  We are building a new front entrance now that should give the place more of a "stadium" feel.

25 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Thank you!  We are building a new front entrance now that should give the place more of a "stadium" feel.

Very cool, there was a lot of excitement down there. Reminds me of Brownstown in the late '90s.

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2015 at 4:57 PM, Globemstr3 said:

I use Calpreps.com. Its amazing

CalPreps sucks.....It has made predictions that were nowhere close.  I saw one time it predicted a huge win for one team , who, when they played, lost badly.  After getting beaten by 35, it STILL predicted a win.  Same two teams met in the playoffs, Calpreps predicted win for same team it predicted would win previously and guess what? same result......predicted winner got beaten badly.