• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
from_the_sidelines007

HNAC Week #5 Picks

There has been a lot of talk on here about North Judson and how they haven't beaten a quality opponent yet this year.  I would think that Rensselaer fans would think differently about this.  I am wondering who are the quality teams that LaVille has beaten this year?

There has been a lot of talk on here about North Judson and how they haven't beaten a quality opponent yet this year. I would think that Rensselaer fans would think differently about this. I am wondering who are the quality teams that LaVille has beaten this year?

Exactly! That is precisely my thoughts. You know as soon as Judson beats Winamac they get knocked down to no longer a quality team.at least that seems to be conventional thinking here. I wouldn't say any team is low quality.but#lowquality seems to be trending here

If Winamac is a high quality team, then why wouldn't Rensselaer be one?  I think that Winamac and Rensselaer would be a good game.

If Winamac is a high quality team, then why wouldn't Rensselaer be one? I think that Winamac and Rensselaer would be a good game.

Agreed!! I thought RC played a tough game against us. Edited by Sandman55

If Winamac is a high quality team, then why wouldn't Rensselaer be one?  I think that Winamac and Rensselaer would be a good game.

Great! Then you should have no trouble beating the Warriors tomorrow!

I would say Winamac, RC, and Knox would be quality or semi-quality teams against NJ so far, for the conference. Gave them a good look I should say. The Winamac and Judson will be great, period

As for LCC, they are in 1A because that is where their enrollment places them.  I'd bet you 1A is every bit as strong as 2A this season, so what's the difference?

^^^^^^^  Co Sign ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There has been a lot of talk on here about North Judson and how they haven't beaten a quality opponent yet this year.  I would think that Rensselaer fans would think differently about this.  I am wondering who are the quality teams that LaVille has beaten this year?

We have quality players, just need to put it together, started last week with inserting soph at qb and wb, Soph at RB for ahler in 3 quarters went for 136, so its getting there.  

Agreed!! I thought RC played a tough game against us.

We did before we ran out of gas in the 2nd half, weight differences on the Judson O line vs our front 8 was huge in the 2nd half.  Also fumbling the 5th play of the game, after we marched it right down the field was a killer for us as we were off to a good start, could of changed the complection of the game, but to Judson's credit, they stripped the ball and made the play, we didn't.  5 turnovers won't win many games.  9-8 at half, 16-8 in the 3rd quarter and once again we were driving down the field, get inside the 20, 4th and 2 and our center snaps the ball and it falls out of his hand and dribbles 2 yards back, we jump on it and series over, Judson hits big run and scores shortly after, another HUGE momentum killer for us.   But as alluded to earlier, with 9 new guys on defense and 8 new guys on offense and LOTS LOTS of new guys on special teams its a building process, one that I am very excited about.  Need to be playing our best ball week 10-11-12, history has showed we have done that, see if 2015 group does it too.  

That big strong front we have is a huge factor that many teams don't have. We use it to our advantage.We don't have a bunch of big fat guys up there either.theres some real muscle up there. Most teams have fast guys but most don't have big athletic fronts

From research and hearsay (some quality, some probably not).  This is what I know.  First, I am excited for this match up and I hope both teams stay undefeated until they play each other (Pio/NJ).   When it comes to size, just by numbers, North Judson trumps Pioneer.  Pioneer has 1 - 2 kids that are large, strong kids.  Physicality--> Physicality I think both are physical and both like to hit and would probably call it a wash there.   Speed-->  Pioneer gets the nod here.  The two Kiser boys are incredible when the ball is in their hands.  Scheme-->  Both Offenses are run heavy require disciplined defense to stop it.  Outside looking in, the X factors will be special teams play and passing game.

Edited by SchoolOfHardKnocks

I would say Cass would beat RC this year... unfortunately they don't play, but will have common opponents to look at.

I will say Cass is probably better in week 5 than they were in week 1, but so is everyone else, including Pioneer and RC.

That big strong front we have is a huge factor that many teams don't have. We use it to our advantage.We don't have a bunch of big fat guys up there either.theres some real muscle up there. Most teams have fast guys but most don't have big athletic fronts

Let me guess, your kid is on the line?

We have enough speed in the backfield and a stud fullback we have guys that can catch and also stop the pass.I think we're a lot tougher than were getting credit for.

Do I also have kids in the backfield and defensive backs and receivers?

Our success thus far is a team effort. No one person is the team. No one man show here

Sorry for interrupting the north Judson thread.

Knox over john Glenn 21 to 14

Culver over triton 28 to 7

As much as I love the Trojans pioneer 60 to 7

Winamacs passing game to much for the jays 28 to 21.

Laville dominates 44 to 7

Back to the bluejay show.

Longtime Bluejay fan Was watching the Jays when they were really good but also there when they were bad.

Had sons that were on successful Bluejay teams and not so successful teams

But when I watch this current team though vastly improved I get this impression

Fools Gold

I hope they prove me wrong

• Upvote 1

Sounds like something a longtime fan would say.Sounds legit

Edited by Sandman55

From research and hearsay (some quality, some probably not). This is what I know. First, I am excited for this match up and I hope both teams stay undefeated until they play each other (Pio/NJ). When it comes to size, just by numbers, North Judson trumps Pioneer. Pioneer has 1 - 2 kids that are large, strong kids. Physicality--> Physicality I think both are physical and both like to hit and would probably call it a wash there. Speed--> Pioneer gets the nod here. The two Kiser boys are incredible when the ball is in their hands. Scheme--> Both Offenses are run heavy require disciplined defense to stop it. Outside looking in, the X factors will be special teams play and passing game.

Sounds like the Jays are scary tough and dominating in the trenches. Look forward to watching them play.

Lot of football between now and then.

Good health and good luck to all HNAC teams.

Longtime Bluejay fan Was watching the Jays when they were really good but also there when they were bad.

Had sons that were on successful Bluejay teams and not so successful teams

But when I watch this current team though vastly improved I get this impression

Fools Gold

I hope they prove me wrong

Sounds like something a longtime fan would say.Sounds legit

Am I missing something here?  Winningisforthebirds just said your (his) North Judson team is not as good as you think (which is what "fools gold" means to me), and you're saying what he says is legit (in other words, you agree).  What gives?

Am I missing something here? Winningisforthebirds just said your (his) North Judson team is not as good as you think (which is what "fools gold" means to me), and you're saying what he says is legit (in other words, you agree). What gives?

GIGANTIC dose of sarcasm there! I figured that was self evident

Edited by Sandman55

By you or him?

MOst definitely me! Hehehe my tongue was so deep in my cheek, it came out the other side!I now have an extra hole in my head and am finding that eating oatmeal is challenging! :-)

Edited by Sandman55