Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (10/15)

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Good win for Chesterton: but we also frkm what I understand haven’t looked at our opponents film in weeks. We have been looking 4-5 weeks down road. So take that as you will. 

😂

I take that one of two ways:

1. This is a program that doesn't know what they are doing, or

2. You don't know what you're talking about.

Considering this seems to be, overall, an otherwise solid program, I'll take "You don't know what you're talking about" for $500, Alex.

• Haha 1

We have been looking 4-5 weeks down road. So take that as you will.

What’s the harm in that when you don’t have to qualify for the playoffs? Not sure why most teams don’t rest their starters in weeks 8-9.

I think CG rested some guys last night who otherwise would have played.

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I tried

can't name one team in the state not on this list that should be ranked over GS

Still don't like HSE(#6) in the top 5 tho.

Reitz should be one spot above or below GS.  I also think a full strength Memorial isn’t far off from those two.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Not saying anything because I was asked to not say anything on what transpired last night. Resting all starters no, 

resting some starters yes. 

ahiukd we of still won the game yes. 

did the team play terrible absolutely. I think we had 6 turnovers most of them in our own end. But to each there own. Chesterton forced 2 of them the rest were unforced. Good win for Chesterton: but we also frkm what I understand haven’t looked at our opponents film in weeks. We have been looking 4-5 weeks down road. So take that as you will. And yes I was honest we should of won and team played horrible. But I’m no way does that change my mind about the semistate game merrillville will be there 

And I was working lol 😂 

If Pirates don't make it out of sectional then something is terribly wrong. Regional you will be better challenged. If Snider and Merrillville match up in semi, I may have to go to game. The way Snider is playing, they look really good. Their sectional is scary though, they will have beat two quality teams to get to regional. There are no cupcakes on their path to Indy. 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

If Pirates don't make it out of sectional then something is terribly wrong. Regional you will be better challenged. If Snider and Merrillville match up in semi, I may have to go to game. The way Snider is playing, they look really good. Their sectional is scary though, they will have beat two quality teams to get to regional. There are no cupcakes on their path to Indy. 

Yeah merrillville should be able to blank all 3 teams in there sectional while scoring 50+… 

regionals is intresting because as a fan I want Valpo because if we play Valpo it will be @ Valpo and that means if we win we get handed semistate at home. But if we play anyone else in the regionals then merrillville host regionals and will be on road for semistate. But I think the team wants to play Chesterton or Michigan city 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Reitz should be one spot above or below GS.  I also think a full strength Memorial isn’t far off from those two.

That’s where I’m at. 

It’s 1A/1B with GS getting the slight nod since it’s been 20 straight victories.

but it’s a fun game to think about that won’t happen this year.  

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

@temptation

Where in your honorable mention is Southridge?  And In comparison to Memorial? 

not that I think they should be top 25, but I think it would be a really good matchup this year.  Not sure who I would pick to win it 

Not ranked.  One of about 5/6 teams I considered that narrowly missed the top 50.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not ranked.  One of about 5/6 teams I considered that narrowly missed the top 50.

Fair.  They have a path to Semi State in 3A and certainly have the defense to beat anyone in their regional. 

also one of those things where if things go just right, Gibson Southern and Southridge could meet at Semi State for a rematch 

7 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Yeah merrillville should be able to blank all 3 teams in there sectional while scoring 50+… 

regionals is intresting because as a fan I want Valpo because if we play Valpo it will be @ Valpo and that means if we win we get handed semistate at home. But if we play anyone else in the regionals then merrillville host regionals and will be on road for semistate. But I think the team wants to play Chesterton or Michigan city 

So you are guaranteeing a Pirate W over Snider if game is in Merrillville? Interesting bill board material IMO. Or are you just saying game will be in Merrillville?

Edited by psaboy

19 minutes ago, psaboy said:

So you are guaranteeing a Pirate W over Snider if game is in Merrillville? Interesting bill board material IMO. Or are you just saying game will be in Merrillville?

Right now just saying fake would he at merrillville. But I don’t think snider will be there. I’m going FW north or Mishawaka 

2 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Right now just saying fake would he at merrillville. But I don’t think snider will be there. I’m going FW north or Mishawaka 

North is hungry for a sectional title. They'll be hard to stop. 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Most teams just have bulletin boards. Snider must be real hungry if they have a billboard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

North is hungry for a sectional title. They'll be hard to stop. 

Yep, wasn't implying Snider will be there at semi. They can beat any of the possible teams the could play or they could lose to any of the potential teams they play. I think it is that even. Mishawaka has a pretty easy path to regional as well.

I personally think they should of beat snider early in year? I think I heard they missed 4 or 5 XPs 

Snider opened up a 20-6 lead. Both teams missed an extra point up until that point. North Side scored two more touchdowns after that and missed on both conversions. Final score 20-18. Could have beaten Snider? Sure. Should have beaten Snider? No. You could say the game was pretty even and came down to extra points. We'll find out who the real winner is if Snider can get by Dwenger. But I'm not going to hold my breath. Dwenger has good coaching capable of making the adjustments they need to close the 28-0 gap. And not many have more heart than a Catholic kid playing football. This sectional is a crapshoot. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

This is not entirely true. The FW Area teams (Sectional 12) hold the tie breaker for Semi-State in 5A this year followed by Sectional 11. So all things being equal Merrillville would have to be on the road for Semi-State.

12 minutes ago, SAC_Coach said:

This is not entirely true. The FW Area teams (Sectional 12) hold the tie breaker for Semi-State in 5A this year followed by Sectional 11. So all things being equal Merrillville would have to be on the road for Semi-State.

Yes, I was wondering how he figured that out. The ISHAA has a procedure they follow to determine who is on the road and who is at home. 

I think you may have East Central too low. I was really impressed with them on Friday night. Play just like Roncalli. Strong on the lines, disciplined defense, and an offense that's relentlessly going downhill. Fun game to watch. Roncalli's defense was unreal within the 10 yard line. I haven't been able to find a good clip showing the block that negated the long TD run from East Central with about 2 minutes left. 

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

I think you may have East Central too low. I was really impressed with them on Friday night. Play just like Roncalli. Strong on the lines, disciplined defense, and an offense that's relentlessly going downhill. Fun game to watch. Roncalli's defense was unreal within the 10 yard line. I haven't been able to find a good clip showing the block that negated the long TD run from East Central with about 2 minutes left. 

I fear you may be right.  Had no real measuring stick for East Central all season and kept them in the high teens.

Not a program built on moral victories obviously but I’ve spoken repeatedly about the amount of respect I have for Roncalli on here so to play them like they did speaks volumes.

Could they potentially play spoiler to both New Pal AND Roncalli?