20. Whiteland
  21. Gibson Southern
  22. Bishop Chatard
  23. NorthWood
  24. West Lafayette 
  25. New Prairie
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Flip Roncalli and New Pal and I am in total agreement.

Not to beat a dead horse but Roncalli had the benefit of some late season measuring stick contests whereas New Pal’s were all in August.  No fault of theirs.

Hell, I have so much respect for both programs but I actually moved East Central UP in my rankings based on how they played Roncalli.

The best part is that we will likely get to see this one settled on the field in what could shape up to be the game of the tournament.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not to beat a dead horse but Roncalli had the benefit of some late season measuring stick contests whereas New Pal’s were all in August.  No fault of theirs.

Hell, I have so much respect for both programs but I actually moved East Central UP in my rankings based on how they played Roncalli.

The best part is that we will likely get to see this one settled on the field in what could shape up to be the game of the tournament.

I have been saying this would happen since Roncalli beat Louisville Male. Roncalli should be ahead of New Pal based on strength of schedule even with one loss, a close loss to a good team. I still think New Pal is the better team, but that won't be found out until Roncalli and New Pal meet in the regionals. New Pal's path to state is looking tough; starting with Mt. Vernon, then most likely Greenfield Central. Sectional will likely be against Beech Grove, then Roncalli likely at Regional. Then either Reitz or EC at Semi state. I believe Northwood will win the north. So that weaker strength of schedule is gone at this point. 

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Flip Roncalli and New Pal and I am in total agreement.

I tend to agree as far as the Top 10. Westfield played and lost to HSE, B'Burg, and New Pal, and Coach Gilbert has said he thinks New Pal is the best of those teams. Hard to say since their schedule does not allow for comparison. 

7 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Was going to say the same thing… Thought Merrillville had 30 D1 starters…

It really makes you wonder if they were sitting guys for one reason or another. If you look at the body of work of both programs over the course of the season, the final score makes no sense whatsoever. 

4 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Ok. I’ll bite. 

SIAC schools, and Boonville. Why not?

SIAC and Mid-State are crapshoots.  Lots of parity.

I’ve got Reitz (HM) (#33 overall).

I’ve got Jasper (HM) (#41 overall).

I’ve got Memorial (HM) (#50 overall).

3 hours ago, BTF said:

It really makes you wonder if they were sitting guys for one reason or another. If you look at the body of work of both programs over the course of the season, the final score makes no sense whatsoever. 

What a weird box score

shutout till the fourth and then 45 total in 1 quarter

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Where is Pirate fan when you need him ??

Not saying anything because I was asked to not say anything on what transpired last night. Resting all starters no, 

resting some starters yes. 

ahiukd we of still won the game yes. 

did the team play terrible absolutely. I think we had 6 turnovers most of them in our own end. But to each there own. Chesterton forced 2 of them the rest were unforced. Good win for Chesterton: but we also frkm what I understand haven’t looked at our opponents film in weeks. We have been looking 4-5 weeks down road. So take that as you will. And yes I was honest we should of won and team played horrible. But I’m no way does that change my mind about the semistate game merrillville will be there 

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Where is Pirate fan when you need him ??

And I was working lol 😂 

• Haha 1