Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Air Horns for Football yes or no?

30 minutes ago, Goose Liver said:

I know there are some restrictions for noisemakers when we reach Sectional time. What are the restrictions for regular season? Is it IHSAA sanctioned? Is it up to the host school? Your opinion please!

I believe noisemakers are allowed at games it just can’t be airhorns or anything that is “automated” if you will

from my understanding, cowbells (need more 😉) and stuff are allowed 

edit: I think I recall that only the state championship game has different rules.

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 minutes ago, Goose Liver said:

Here was a guy from Lowell about 20 years ago, had a set of truck air horns rigged to a portable air tank.

Now that would be a sight to see during a game lol.  

when I was in high school some 10 years ago one of my classmates got his hands on a train horn and put an air compressor in the back of his truck.

needless to say, everyone heard him at 7:45am in the parking lot 

I can't recall any teams we played in the ACAC in the 80's doing that, or hearing about any Fort Wayne schools.

It's pretty common in Texas.  There are many schools where guys rig up an air tank to horns on a golf cart and those things can get loud!

One of the teams in the area, nicknamed the Pirates, bring a small cannon to the games.  The barrel looks about 3' long, maybe 6" outside diameter.  It's very loud, too.  They shoot it for TD, PAT, FG, 1st downs, interceptions, fumble recoveries.....  Gets a little annoying, but that's probably part of the reason they do it.

Edited by Bonecrusher

I personally don't need any noise makers, as I have a very loud screaming voice.  I have won hollering contests in my younger years while visiting my uncle's turkey farm in southwestern Indiana.

Also, Cathedral had a parent, a few years back, that brought a huge metal pot and used a big metal spoon to make more noise than any air horn I've ever heard.