Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best High Schools for Sports in Indiana?

Wondering what puts Dwenger and Snider over Universities of Homestead and Carroll ? It appears that they may be giving credits for championships going back decades. A more accurate measurement would be what has transpired in the last ten years. 

• Like 1

"These rankings factor in parent and student surveys on sports, total high school enrollment, K-12 sports championships, number of sports, and athletic participation rates."

Public schools will never match private schools on athletic participation rates.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grover said:

"These rankings factor in parent and student surveys on sports, total high school enrollment, K-12 sports championships, number of sports, and athletic participation rates."

Public schools will never match private schools on athletic participation rates.

I’m not sure how CG made this list…I’ve been told by so many people they have a culture problem permeating through their entire community.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

Bite your tongue!

LOL. I've tried to enjoy it over the years, but it just doesn't spark much interest. Part of that is inevitably due to it being a relatively new (last 10-15 hrs) sport down here. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

LOL. I've tried to enjoy it over the years, but it just doesn't spark much interest. Part of that is inevitably due to it being a relatively new (last 10-15 hrs) sport down here. 

It’s been around a long time, as this picture (see if you can guess which one is me) demonstrates. Taken in March 1974 at Colorado College after a practice during our Spring break trip.

0AAEA593-F80D-416A-92C7-81ED3052699B.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Bobref said:

It’s been around a long time, as this picture (see if you can guess which one is me) demonstrates. Taken in March 1974 at Colorado College after a practice during our Spring break trip.

I'm looking for the bald guy but can't find him.  Are you sure you are in this picture?  🙂

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I'll take a gander and say that it's the guy, in the second row, who is distracted and not paying any attention. Typical ref! 😝

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'm looking for the bald guy but can't find him.  Are you sure you are in this picture?  🙂

I actually had hair back then. Quite a bit. 😂

6 minutes ago, AG said:

I'll take a gander and say that it's the guy, in the second row, who is distracted and not paying any attention. Typical ref! 😝

Nope. That’s a midfielder. They typically have short attention spans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AG said:

Looks like that guy has a brother/twin.  Look at the guy on the second row in the middle ... the one that looks like Ace Ventura.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Looks like that guy has a brother/twin.  Look at the guy on the second row in the middle ... the one that looks like Ace Ventura.

Not sure which one you mean. Are you including the Irish Wolfhound (row 2, 2nd from left)?

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Wow, that's a great pic! 

I'm my memory is correct, I think our program started around 2010 or so. Memorial and Castle were the first schools in the Heavensville - SW Indiana area to have teams.      

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Not sure which one you mean. Are you including the Irish Wolfhound (row 2, 2nd from left)?

I wasn't going to pick on the Wolfhound ... he has less hair than some of the guys in that team picture. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2023 at 9:40 AM, AG said:

Nah.  Gotta be the guy in the first row on the right.  Look at the hair.  😅

But really.  I'd say second row. Second from the right.

On 4/26/2023 at 9:15 AM, Bobref said:

Center row, second from right?

5 hours ago, 77Jimmie said:

Nah.  Gotta be the guy in the first row on the right.  Look at the hair.  😅

But really.  I'd say second row. Second from the right.

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Center row, second from right?

No and no. 😆

19 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Second row, third from right

No.

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Is it the Wolfhound? :classic_laugh:

Lord, I apologize for that there.

No.

I’m 4th from left in row 2, not counting the wolfhound. Wearing a white practice jersey.

Edited by Bobref