Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 4A Bracket Analysis

17 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Had to do a double take when I first looked at the time, not saying Memorial will win, but I’m surprised EC picked Friday night instead of Saturday (which they did last year). But it also looks Bosse has a craft show all day Saturday, so that might be the cause.

EC is probably out of school on Friday for Veteran's Day. The Saturday conflict between the Regional football game and the Bosse craft show was definitely an issue last year. The Tigers will have our hands full in this one. 

35 minutes ago, Cali23 said:

I know Mt Vernon won there last year.  But traveling more than a couple hours to Enlow on a Friday in November hasn’t been a recipe for success in recent years

Yep, Mt. Vernon Fortville broke the jinx last year. I believe Coach Lidy wearing shorts in sub-35 degree weather may have somehow offset the effects of the Enlow "Eastern to Central Time Zone Travel spell". 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tango said:

EC is probably out of school on Friday for Veteran's Day. The Saturday conflict between the Regional football game and the Bosse craft show was definitely an issue last year. The Tigers will have our hands full in this one. 

I checked their academic calendar, they have school all week, likely Bosse needed parking for the Craft Show in my opinion. Either way, just find a win Friday night, let’s pray there will be some Enlow Magic!

Edited by TigerFan20

20 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Circling back to this, their Coach confirmed this in the Register Publication’s article and also wanted to keep it routine too on Friday’s

There's nothing routine about driving 250 miles one-way to play on Friday night.

11 minutes ago, tango said:

There's nothing routine about driving 250 miles one-way to play on Friday night.

Here is the full quote from their preview

No. 4 Trojans vs. No. 11 Tigers at Enlow again

Class 4A Football Regional Championship Preview

Jake Meiners, East Central - “Honestly, after playing Evansville Memorial on a Saturday last year, and Moeller this year, we think it’s more of a positive to keep us in our practice routine. We were up 14-0 at halftime against Memorial last year and it was a bitter pill for them to come back and win 17-14. Give them credit for sticking with it.”

Go to www.thedcregister.comor