Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LCC at ANDREAN

Lcc put up 21pts on WL in the 1st half.. goin tit for tat on scores..... then we're jus shut down in the 2nd half.... that makes me think they hav a shot in this one .... IF... .they can put up 28pts.. n b opportunistic on D..... but then thers Rydel Highs Jefferson to deal with.... idk how they will scheme to slow him dbut..... hope they can keep it close...

11 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I don’t have the smarts real good so help me understand. You like Liptons chances at a team that gets past Dakich Tech or Lures instead of those 2? Wouldn’t that team probably be better?

Pretty simple. Every metric available - massey, sagarin, cal preps - says Linton's odds of beating LCC > their odds of beating Luers or Andrean.  Massey for example, gives Linton a 57% chance to beat LCC, but only 38% against Luers or Andrean. 

Obviously games are settled on the field, but there's enough data and consistency amongst the rankings to confidently say if they played today, Linton would be solid underdogs against Luers/Andrean but very slight favorites against LCC.  As you know, the best team doesn't always win.  St. Peter's wasn't better than Kentucky or Purdue last year, but they still knocked off both in the NCAA tourney.

Massey's current odds of LCC beating Andrean are 28%, Luers 29%.  Simple math tells us massey gives LCC a roughly 8% chance, or 1 in 12, of beating both Luers and Andrean. 

If LCC & Linton both get to LOS the odds probably settle around 50/50 after accounting for games over the next two weeks. 

16 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Lcc put up 21pts on WL in the 1st half.. goin tit for tat on scores..... then we're jus shut down in the 2nd half.... that makes me think they hav a shot in this one .... IF... .they can put up 28pts.. n b opportunistic on D..... but then thers Rydel Highs Jefferson to deal with.... idk how they will scheme to slow him dbut..... hope they can keep it close...

Ridgemont High had Jefferson.  Rydell High had Danny Zucko🤣

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Ridgemont High had Jefferson.  Rydell High had Danny Zucko🤣

Danny ran track ... distance runner.

Rydell High had Tom Chisum ... and they weren't very good.

Now Ridgemont's Jefferson?  Whole other story!

21 hours ago, Tippy said:

You never say anything about the other scores.  You never say 156-0 never forget.  Its always 96-0.  What's really bothering you Muda?  I don't think its the score.

The tragic event which occurred on 10/17/2009 was discussed and debated in depth here on the GID.  I suggest you go back and read those discourses, if you can find them. You were probably still in diapers back then.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The tragic event which occurred on 10/17/2009 was discussed and debated in depth here on the GID.  I suggest you go back and read those discourses, if you can find them. You were probably still in diapers back then.

I was here and the CP coach said LCC did nothing wrong.  What's really bothering you?  Maybe we should discuss the 156-0 score.  We can find old newspapers from Linton.

15 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I was here and the CP coach said LCC did nothing wrong.  What's really bothering you?  Maybe we should discuss the 156-0 score.  We can find old newspapers from Linton.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.  At that is all I will say regarding the tragedy of 10/17/2009, like I said it has already been discussed. IMHO nothing new needs to be said.  But if you want to discuss it more please private message me.  I might respond.

And by all means put those old Linton newspapers up here on the GID.  You seem fascinated by them, after all.

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.  At that is all I will say regarding the tragedy of 10/17/2009, like I said it has already been discussed. IMHO nothing new needs to be said.  But if you want to discuss it more please private message me.  I might respond.

And by all means put those old Linton newspapers up here on the GID.  You seem fascinated by them, after all.

I thought you wanted to study games like that because you always say 96-0 never forget.  156-0 is something I figured you might find interesting.  But I don't think its the score that bothers you.

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:17 AM, Tippy said:

The Rochester announcers didn't say anything.  LCC was at the 1 yard line and scored.  Most teams would have done the same thing.  I can't remember how much time was left when they scored.  It was 17-8 and if Rochester got the ball back they might have scored.  I remember when LCC played West Lafayette a few years ago and WL threw a 40 yard pass with 2 minutes left in the game when they were up 42-0.  Nobody said anything.  The LCC players and coaches should have to attend 7:30am Mass every Sunday for the next year for doing this.  I hope they don't get kicked out of the IHSAA.

I can tell you that no one from Rochester complained.  It was a great game. Rochester made a huge mistake on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter and failed to execute on special teams.  Congrats LCC.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

I can tell you that no one from Rochester complained.  It was a great game. Rochester made a huge mistake on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter and failed to execute on special teams.  Congrats LCC.

Congrats to Rochester on a great year!  LCC was lucky to win.  Rochester is a great city and they should be proud of their football team.  I have been to the Catholic church in Rochester and its a really nice church.

16 hours ago, Tippy said:

I thought you wanted to study games like that because you always say 96-0 never forget.  156-0 is something I figured you might find interesting.  But I don't think its the score that bothers you.

Yes, it does.  Again, the details behind that opinion have already been discussed here on the GID. Please search for that discussion or send me a private message.