• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
08saint

Neligh to U of Indy

Should be a nice fit for both. Does anyone know anything about their qb situation and if there is a chance of him starting as a freshman?

Either way congratulations to both school and player!!

I believe Connor Barthel (who holds most of the QB records of consequence there) graduates this Soring.

Edited by Lysander

Should be a nice fit for both. Does anyone know anything about their qb situation and if there is a chance of him starting as a freshman?

Either way congratulations to both school and player!!

Don't know about their current QB situation, but they are not adverse to starting a freshman based on history. Chris Mills from LCC started there as a freshman about five years ago and had a really good career there. LCCAlum can probably tell you a lot more about them.

Jake Purichia will be a sophomore next year. He was a pretty prolific passer at Ritter.

I believe Connor Barthel (who holds most of the QB records of consequence there) graduates this Soring.

While it's true Barthel graduates this spring, who holds the most QB records is not true.

UIndy likes to redshirt their QBs if they get the chance. Jake Purichia will probably be the starter. It will be a nice chance for Neligh to spend a season lifting and learning the offense. Then when Purichia graduates Neligh will have 3 years of eligibility left.

UIndy has a class act staff and is a great place to play. Congrats to Neligh!

Edited by LCCAlum

UIndy has had a nice run of QB's....and for the most part local kids.... from Casey Gillin (Indian Creek) to Rob Doyle (Chatard) to Chris Mills (LCC) to Connor Barthel (Cathedral) to Jake Purichia (Ritter) to eventually Alex Neligh (New Pal) or Bryce Stancombe (Bloom. South) who they recruited last year.  UIndy was/is a great fit for all those guys. 

While it's true Barthel graduates this spring, who holds the most QB records is not true.

UIndy likes to redshirt their QBs if they get the chance. Jake Purichia will probably be the starter. It will be a nice chance for Neligh to spend a season lifting and learning the offense. Then when Purichia graduates Neligh will have 3 years of eligibility left.

Barthel has a couple including passing efficiency and completion %, but Mills holds the career bulk of the others including attempts, completions, yards, passing TDs, total offense, and total TDs responsible for.

I hope UIndy opens up the offense a bit more next year.

I hoped that for 4 years. Not happening until Coach Carter moves on.

Also playing in the GLVC they don't have to as much. Their last year in the GLIAC they really slung it around the yard and had the talent to do it.

Edited by LCCAlum

The idea of redshirting would be a great move for UIndy. Watching Purichia in the state game a few years ago, he can sling the ball around and even use his legs when he has to as well. Great couple of years for UIndy at the quarterback position coming up.

No slight intended to Mills. I knew he graduated with most of the QB records but I had (incorrectly) assumed that Barthel had even exceeded most of them based on what I had been hearing - but, admittedly, had not verified on my own.

U of I has proven to be a great showcase and opportunity for Indiana HS football players. Hopefully, Neligh can add to that in his years there.

Congrats to him.

No slight intended to Mills. I knew he graduated with most of the QB records but I had (incorrectly) assumed that Barthel had even exceeded most of them based on what I had been hearing - but, admittedly, had not verified on my own.

U of I has proven to be a great showcase and opportunity for Indiana HS football players. Hopefully, Neligh can add to that in his years there.

Congrats to him.

There is a lot of those rumors swirling around in the Indianapolis Parochial Circle. Two very good Quarterbacks no doubt. Here is quick Comparison

Connor Bartel

359/543

38 TDs

4,264 Yards

-Career Completion Percentage leader (66.1%)

-Career Passing Efficiency leader (151.1)

-10th on Career TD responsible for (41)

-8th on Career Total Offense List (4,558)

Chris Mills

700/1115

72 TDs

8,279 Yards

-Career Attempts (1,115)

-Career Completions (700)

-2nd Completion Percentage (62.8%)

-2nd Passing Efficiency (144.6)

-1st in Career TD responsible for (78)

-1st in Career Total Offense (9,226)

With Purichia and Neligh being there, is there a possibility UIndy plays Neligh at another position while Purichia is there. The dude can run the ball, not just throw it. 

With Purichia and Neligh being there, is there a possibility UIndy plays Neligh at another position while Purichia is there. The dude can run the ball, not just throw it. 

I don't think they would risk an injury. It will also hurt in his development as a QB.

Anyone know what happened to Neligh? I do not see him on the 2017 uindy roster.  I remember some serious bickering over this kid lots said he should be considered by d1 schools. It seems at this point he was more of a product of a system and when taken  out of it he struggled. Maybe i am wrong. 

Anyone know what happened to Neligh? I do not see him on the 2017 uindy roster.  I remember some serious bickering over this kid lots said he should be considered by d1 schools. It seems at this point he was more of a product of a system and when taken  out of it he struggled. Maybe i am wrong. 

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I have no idea for the reason behind it, but I was told that he quit. I was also surprised to hear that former Carmel Greyhound running back Shakir Paschall had quit too.

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I have no idea for the reason behind it, but I was told that he quit. I was also surprised to hear that former Carmel Greyhound running back Shakir Paschall had quit too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Looks like Paschall is at Marian now.

3 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Looks like Paschall is at Marian now.

According to social media, he decided to stop on his own. Seems like a personal decision. 

According to social media, he decided to stop on his own. Seems like a personal decision.