Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Merrillville at Valpo

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Lots of optimism about Snider there. They are pretty good, but Mishawaka is good as well. I am not counting a victory until it is earned…

Yep, I agree. The one thing I worry about in games like this is that Snider coming off the big rivalry win last week may either come out flat or not jacked enough or over confident and fall behind quickly and then need to play catch up. Never a good thing to have to do against a very good opponent and on the road. 

55 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yep, I agree. The one thing I worry about in games like this is that Snider coming off the big rivalry win last week may either come out flat or not jacked enough or over confident and fall behind quickly and then need to play catch up. Never a good thing to have to do against a very good opponent and on the road. 

Any team who overlooks their regional opponent deserves to lose. Sometimes you can get away with it at the sectional level (or not.......see Snider/Northrop 2021). The regional level is different though. Teams make it that far for a reason. Mishawaka is 10-1 for a reason. 

Merrillville at Valpo - It's never easy to predict a game not seeing either team play in person, but looking at their schedule and results, I have a hard time believing Merrillville doesn't win this one by 14. There's been talk of improvement by Valpo over the course of the season, maybe not the case with Merrillville. I'm not expecting a 27 point blowout this time around. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Any team who overlooks their regional opponent deserves to lose. Sometimes you can get away with it at the sectional level (or not.......see Snider/Northrop 2021). The regional level is different though. Teams make it that far for a reason. Mishawaka is 10-1 for a reason. 

Merrillville at Valpo - It's never easy to predict a game not seeing either team play in person, but looking at their schedule and results, I have a hard time believing Merrillville doesn't win this one by 14. There's been talk of improvement by Valpo over the course of the season, maybe not the case with Merrillville. I'm not expecting a 27 point blowout this time around. 

Yes, I agree with the overlook part, but stuff like that happens.  I'm sure you remember 2014. But that was different Snider was the better team in 2014.

Edited by psaboy

29 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yes, I agree with the overlook part, but stuff like that happens.  I'm sure you remember 2014. But that was different Snider was the better team in 2014.

Had to look that one up. LaPorte took the panthers to the woodshed. No one saw that coming.

Edited by BTF

14 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

In Georgia. I gotta quit posting without my glasses!

Freudian slip on the first post? :classic_smile:

BTW, who's Georgia?

Rimshot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by foxbat