Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Turf 2020 and Beyond

Interesting fact...  

Monrovia is still grass.  We played our entire 3A sectional playoff on 3 Different grass fields (Not a common occurrence these days)

Purdue Polytech  -  Played at Indy Howe

@ Speedway  -  Very nice grass field

Home  -  Against Danville

Another interesting tid bit... We played 10 away and 4 home games in the 2022 season.  Wish we could earn miles or something for our transportation department.  

Edited by Bulldog Coach Olson
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, btownqbcoach1 said:

Going through the sectionals and making adjusts to my graph....

I need some help-- 

Where will Purdue Polytech play next year?

SB Clay do they have their own field? SB Riley? Sorry.. the South Bend schools are confusing in regards to where they play. 

Hammond Central will play where? 

FW Snider still play at someone elses field?

Where does Tindley play? 

Clay has their own field behind what once was the high school - grass field

Riley plays at Jackson Field - nice stadium that would be awesome with turf (equal seating on both side) but it is grass as well

• Like 1

Just something to think about. 

The Tennessee Titans are moving from grass to turf in Nissan Stadium next year due to the number of injuries that have occurred with the grass surface there.  

They said that the climate of Nashville is good for the turf at the start of the NFL season.  But towards the end, the grass presents a significant injury risk to players.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Just something to think about. 

The Tennessee Titans are moving from grass to turf in Nissan Stadium next year due to the number of injuries that have occurred with the grass surface there.  

They said that the climate of Nashville is good for the turf at the start of the NFL season.  But towards the end, the grass presents a significant injury risk to players.  

They painted their dirt green just like everyone else. 

• Haha 3

On 2/1/2023 at 2:07 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

They painted their dirt green just like everyone else. 

I saw somewhere that KC resodded Arrowhead between the Raiders game (Jan 7) and the Divisional game with the Jags. And it still looked pretty chopped up last week. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

I saw somewhere that KC resodded Arrowhead between the Raiders game (Jan 7) and the Divisional game with the Jags. And it still looked pretty chopped up last week. 

Yea trying to get dormant grass to put down roots in a week or two in the middle of winter is probably not going to work out well. You’re better off to just paint the dirt. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 10:19 AM, gonzoron said:

That whole stadium needs to be rebuilt, not just the field.  The scoreboard, stands, lights and anything else associated has fallen into extreme disrepair.  Let's hope they start from scratch and replace the entire thing.

South Adams is tearing the grass up for turf. Supposedly everyone but Southern Wells will have turf soon in the ACAC. Woodlan, Heritage, & Bluffton already put turf in. Leaves Jay County & AC as the last grass holdouts besides Southern Wells. I know Jay County is definitely getting turf & moving the direction of the stadium a bit. There are plans drawn out for Adams Central to get turf, but last summer one of the maintenance guys said it wouldn't happen due to an underground spring possibly under Minnich field. Think most AC fans would prefer our really nice grass field over turf. @FlyingHigh & @260AC do you have any solid information on this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Basementbias said:

South Adams is tearing the grass up for turf. Supposedly everyone but Southern Wells will have turf soon in the ACAC. Woodlan, Heritage, & Bluffton already put turf in. Leaves Jay County & AC as the last grass holdouts besides Southern Wells. I know Jay County is definitely getting turf & moving the direction of the stadium a bit. There are plans drawn out for Adams Central to get turf, but last summer one of the maintenance guys said it wouldn't happen due to an underground spring possibly under Minnich field. Think most AC fans would prefer our really nice grass field over turf. @FlyingHigh & @260AC do you have any solid information on this?

Hey man.. great stuff keep me updated!

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Hey man.. great stuff keep me updated!

Thanks! I talked to the one maintenance guy during the Adams County Fair about a year ago. The Jay County info was from the school attorney that I work with occasionally & we talked late February on it. Everyone in NE/EC Indiana & NW/WC Ohio are looking to get turf it seems. I don't like it from an injury possibility standpoint. I understand it is supposed to reduce costs but I'm not sold on it. I know Ohio schools want it so they can host playoff games & try to get part of the revenue. 

On 6/21/2023 at 7:43 PM, Basementbias said:

Thanks! I talked to the one maintenance guy during the Adams County Fair about a year ago. The Jay County info was from the school attorney that I work with occasionally & we talked late February on it. Everyone in NE/EC Indiana & NW/WC Ohio are looking to get turf it seems. I don't like it from an injury possibility standpoint. I understand it is supposed to reduce costs but I'm not sold on it. I know Ohio schools want it so they can host playoff games & try to get part of the revenue. 

I'm a fan. 

On 6/15/2023 at 7:54 AM, Ballhawk said:

That whole stadium needs to be rebuilt, not just the field.  The scoreboard, stands, lights and anything else associated has fallen into extreme disrepair.  Let's hope they start from scratch and replace the entire thing.

Is that not the plan? Holy cow if they are actually just going to slap a turf field in the middle of that area? 

On 6/21/2023 at 2:47 PM, Basementbias said:

I could see some of the leaders in the school wanting to move to turf, but it'll be a hard sell to the board and community since Minnich Field is one of the best natural grass fields in the area. My guess is that AC will get it eventually now that South Adams is getting it. SA ran into similar drainage issues that AC would experience and may even have to play some of their home games (possibly several) at Bluffton and AC.

12 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I could see some of the leaders in the school wanting to move to turf, but it'll be a hard sell to the board and community since Minnich Field is one of the best natural grass fields in the area. My guess is that AC will get it eventually now that South Adams is getting it. SA ran into similar drainage issues that AC would experience and may even have to play some of their home games (possibly several) at Bluffton and AC.

I'll have to ask Jay County's attorney if he's heard anymore. He had the drawings & designs for all 3 of them. Believe it was due to grant $ from the state being sent to the ACAC schools. Hopefully the conference isn't requiring turf going forward, but could see it.