Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2023 Season

2 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

How does a Warsaw team play their worst game of the season against what I am told is their biggest rival?

Was that the same issue when Wawasee beat Riley and when they played a close game against Northridge?

Not trying to be a smart @%%, I'm honestly asking...isn't Mishawaka their biggest rival?  At least for last many years?

I get that Wawasee and Warsaw are the two K-County schools....but outside looking in I assumed its the "Bart Ball" game that is the biggest deal.

3 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

How does a Warsaw team play their worst game of the season against what I am told is their biggest rival?

I believe I already answered your question previously just over a month ago, but I'll share it again and maybe this time it will stick.

image.thumb.png.2501eedd51f0e483a0c1baaba56209f5.png

Considering Warsaw has dominated that rivalry over the course of history (and prior to this year had won the last 8 meetings by a combined score of 312 - 85, an average score of 39-11) AND the Tigers were fresh off their two BIGGEST games (NorthWood and Mishawaka) - NO, I am not suprised at all that the Tigers were flat. A lot of energy went into the previous two weeks opponents, and then playing a team who was 1-5 on the season and they've crushed for as long as these kids were in elementary school. Happens to teams all the time.

And, in my opinion, Warsaw-Wawasee is a bit of a "forced" rivalry because of them sharing the same county. Plymouth has always felt more like a spirited rival to me personally, whereas Wawasee was the neighborhood friend you liked to beat in a game of one-on-one in the driveway type thing.

2 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

Matt Thacker at Fairfield had done a good job turning that program in to a winner and would be a good idea for Wawasee, Elkhart or Goshen to consider him for their openings.

Don’t necessarily disagree with this at all…at least from the perspective of those three programs.  

But why would Coach Thacker want to leave a place where he can build a 3A winner in a competitive conference?  Fairfield is definitely on the way up in all sorts of ways.  

Can’t say that for Goshen and Elkhart…not sure about Wawasee.

16 minutes ago, Coach Lou said:

I would think schools like Wawasee, Goshen, Elkhart would have more resources (athletes, facilities, money, coaching and teaching salary) than Fairfield.

Wawasee Administration has not invested in Athletic resources since it turfed the football field (2018).  It is a constant battle asking for even the little things like Hudl Focus (only NLC team that does not have it).   The only thing we do have going is one of the highest teachers salaries in the state.

Hopefully Coach Osmialowski applies for this as he is a big reason of the turn around this season.

• 1 month later...