Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

IFD Dandy Dozen 2A

On 7/27/2023 at 1:20 PM, foxbat said:

Not sure I'd have LCC over Andrean and Luers this early.

Over Andrean, no, but over Luers I'd say yes.   They have questions on their D-line and lost their starting RB to transfer.

17 hours ago, BTF said:

Don't ever count out Bishop Luers. They're being treated like a chump right now, but that wouldn't be the case had they won state in 2020 & 2021 like they should have. 

Hard to say a team should’ve won state in a year they couldn’t make it out of Sectionals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Hard to say a team should’ve won state in a year they couldn’t make it out of Sectionals. 

You're right, a team that beat Carroll, Homestead, North Side, and Dwenger wouldn't have done much in 2A had they not gotten upset in the sectional round.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

You're right, a team that beat Carroll, Homestead, North Side, and Dwenger wouldn't have done much in 2A had they not gotten upset in the sectional round.

Well, as it actually turned out, the team that beat all those teams didn’t end up doing much in 2A that year. 

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Still good enough to win the sectional and likely play Triton Central in the regional for the 5th straight year

That would be my bet too. I don't think there is anyone in Sectional 40 that can beat them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scat said:

I think their QB is in top 20.  They, like Rochester have been waiting for this class to be seniors!  

I just find it hard to believe a team that lost to a very below average Tipton team in the first round of sectionals last year could possibly be the #7 team in 2A the following year. I find it odd that after having the season they had last year that Eastbrook is up there at #4, but its just preseason after all. I'm sure by October it will look very different.

3 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Still good enough to win the sectional and likely play Triton Central in the regional for the 5th straight year

North Posey could give them a tough time this year but yes, I still think MD will make it to sectionals or regionals. However, I do think Triton Central finally beats them this year. How far would MD have to make it to move up to 3A?

On 7/27/2023 at 1:04 PM, NorthKnox94 said:

No Linton Miners?

I guess it's because we lost so much.... especially considering Gennicks at QB, and so many 3 year starters.  I guess.  But there are some good kids coming back...  Paul Oliver will move to QB, Christian Shonk was a starter on D at NT/ILB, Russell Goodman led the team as a Freshman at ILB. Jesse Voigtschild a sparkplug as a soph at WB and DB, Ty Boyd at DT and OT. Paul Oliver coming off a stellar frosh year at WR and DE>. Hayden Feltner will have to step up at WR but was solid when he did see action as a sophomore. Ashton White was a force on the defense side of the ball as a junior. Hank Gennicks on both sides of the ball in the trenches. Jacob Breedlove at 6'7 at OT last year.. expect he'll see some defensive time his senior year. Blane Kirkman with a chance to make his mark his senior year. Eli Scott got valuable time starting early in his soph season at WB...will be another one with opportunity as a junior.

Several Linemen graduated... who will step up and seize their moment? Wide Receiver/DBack are areas of concern...who steps up? Of course, the QB will be a new face to the position, but both Johns and Cox are gone from the RB slot-- Ahh the joy of football. Someone always steps up in summer workouts, someone always works their way into getting their shot. Let's hope we all stay healthy first and foremost..

The schedule looks a lot different with North Vermillion gone, and long time rival North Daviess gone... annnd the week 9 opponent of 2 years.. South Putnam Gone..    4A Western will have a haul to Linton in September.... and St Teresa from Decatur Illinois has been a powerhouse..   Phalen in week 9?  

I think there will be growing pains....but you don't know how kids will respond....  
  • Like 2