• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
itiswhatitis

2016 Colts

The D looks improved, although Siemien is a bottom tier QB. He's still playing better than Luck, who is posting Tebow-esque numbers.

I watch a lot of Colt football, but I wouldn't say I was a fan. IMO, the hamstring to this franchise is the owner.  Irsay is committed to winning, and spends the money to win, he's just not smart enough to hire good people in the front office.  I never thought much of Polian, I know people throw out numbers that reinforce how good of a GM he was,  the only great pick he ever made here was Manning, and that was almost a no brainer  Polian always seemed to want to find an unknown and make him great.  That rarely happens, although there are a few cases of it.  He picked a few guys late and they turned out better than expected, but no Tom Brady type late rounders for sure.  That being said, this clown Grigson makes Polian look like a genius.  I know i'll probably get some flack from badmouthing Polian, a lot of people still carry his flag for what ever reason.  Harrison Dungy, and later Wayne, should cut their HOF jackets in two  and give one half to Manning.  I'm not a Manning cheerleader even though I'm sounding like it, but the truth is the truth.  As far as some people thinking Pro athletes make too much money, just think how much money the owners and the league are making off of them.  The guy taking the beatings every week should be getting paid, he's the one who's gonna pay for it later.  I would rather see Luck getting that money rather  than it going up Irsay's nose.

Edited by Herbemont
  • Downvote 1

After 3 straight 0-2 starts to the season I would think some changes need to be made. Pagano is terrible. Grigson is terrible. Irsay is terrible. Whoever decided to call the play that left Joe Reitz blocking Von Miller 1-on-1 is terrible.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FishDuck said:

After 3 straight 0-2 starts to the season I would think some changes need to be made. Pagano is terrible. Grigson is terrible. Irsay is terrible. Whoever decided to call the play that left Joe Reitz blocking Von Miller 1-on-1 is terrible.

I must admit that the Colts not giving Reitz help was infuriating to me. I have always thought that Colts should move on from Pagano after the season and I think he will be fired if the team doesn't make the playoffs after the season. That being said I didn't have the Colts winning this game anyway. I still think playing in the AFC South will be a benefit to the team and I still think they  can muster 8 to 10 wins. That doesn't mean they will win but with their schedule it is doable as long as #12 stays healthy.

GB

Edited by GB4

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:10 PM, GB4 said:

I must admit that the Colts not giving Reitz help was infuriating to me. I have always thought that Colts should move on from Pagano after the season and I think he will be fired if the team doesn't make the playoffs after the season. That being said I didn't have the Colts winning this game anyway. I still think playing in the AFC South will be a benefit to the team and I still think they  can muster 8 to 10 wins. That doesn't mean they will win but with their schedule it is doable as long as #12 stays healthy.

GB

And doesn't turn the ball over twice every game.  That fumble and pick resulted in the final margin.  Other than that as much as they were outplayed, the Colts were still in the game with the Broncos.  There was no excuse for losing to the Lions they way they did.  What team of professionals allows another team to go what?  60 - 70 yards down the field in 35 seconds?  And they even let 50 year old Boldin run free.  Okay, he isn't 50 but in terms of WR's he's old.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

And doesn't turn the ball over twice every game.  That fumble and pick resulted in the final margin.  Other than that as much as they were outplayed, the Colts were still in the game with the Broncos.  There was no excuse for losing to the Lions they way they did.  What team of professionals allows another team to go what?  60 - 70 yards down the field in 35 seconds?  And they even let 50 year old Boldin run free.  Okay, he isn't 50 but in terms of WR's he's old.

That's where I get frustrated. I don't know why they left Reitz with Von Miller 1 on 1. As the pick that was just a great play by Talib, but your right as long he doesn't turn the ball over should be  factored in, as well as, Pagano being a liability at times.

Also, Stephen Holder is reporting that Luck is dealing with shoulder soreness but, Luck will play on Sunday.

GB

15 hours ago, GB4 said:

That's where I get frustrated. I don't know why they left Reitz with Von Miller 1 on 1. As the pick that was just a great play by Talib, but your right as long he doesn't turn the ball over should be  factored in, as well as, Pagano being a liability at times.

Also, Stephen Holder is reporting that Luck is dealing with shoulder soreness but, Luck will play on Sunday.

GB

It was great for the Colts to draft Luck.  However, I have to wonder now if being a Colt will damage his career as far as wins, stats, injuries go.

• Upvote 1

The Patriots D is very underrated but the Texans are showing exactly why I think the Colts still have a chance in this division.

GB

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GB4 said:

The Patriots D is very underrated but the Texans are showing exactly why I think the Colts still have a chance in this division.

GB

Last night was huge for the Colts. Would have been awfully hard chasing a 3-0 team in Houston with San Diego coming to town Sunday having the 2nd best offense in the NFL through 2 weeks. It will be interesting to see how Houston responds to this loss, it had to be mentally draining to have all of these new offensive weapons and still not put a point on the board. Very well might have been the game that allowed the Colts to come back and win the division.

• Upvote 2

On 9/22/2016 at 10:29 PM, GB4 said:

GB

Considering Houston just lost Watt for possibly the season, I would guess Houston isn't winning the AFC South.

43 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Considering Houston just lost Watt for possibly the season, I would guess Houston isn't winning the AFC South.

This is an interesting area for me. I wonder what value Watt actually gave in terms of W/L's to Houston when he was healthy? I mean he was voted the best defensive player in the league two or three times, yet Houston has never done anything noteworthy in the postseason. So, is Houston just a bottom feeder team that Watt is making slightly above average? Or, is Watt just a really good player that plays a position that provides little value towards the W/L category? We need a WAR stat for football like they have in baseball lol

I think Watt is exceptionally great, when healthy, but I also think that 1 defensive linemen is extremely easy to plan for and prevent from wrecking a game if you're a good team. I still think Houston is improved from last season with Miller and Osweiler and I would still bet on them to win the South, especially with the injuries the Colts have dealt with and are still dealing with (and I'll take Houston's coaching staff over Indy's any day). Houston made some really bad mistakes against New England as far as turnovers and trying to force their play calling to be successful; I think they will learn from that and get better but they certainly aren't going to run away with the division any time soon.

Also, how lucky are the Colts to have the Chicago game the week after their London trip?!?? Couldn't have worked out any better for them, play a winless team in London then play the worst team in the league at home the next week and save your bye week until later in the season

Colts realize sometime soon that when they are playing a division team it's kind of important to win. Too many rookies playing and a coaching staff that must go.

Would not be surprised if this isn't Highland's Ryan Grigson's final season as General Manager as well.

I think it is safe to say that Irsay made a mistake bringing back both Pagano and Grigson. I won't back of my it is the the AFC South anything can happen stance, but it is quite clear this roster is built poorly around Luck and the game planning isn't any better. This team isn't going to go very far until the GM and HC are replaced.

GB

I am not disagreeing about the HC and GM comments....I just can't understand for the life of me why grown men aren't ready to play in the first half and come out flat repeatedly.  Where is the sense of pride?  How many drops from receivers today in the first half?  

What the heck has happened to Castonzo?  Seems that his guys are consistently having a party with Luck.  Its almost embarrassing to watch.  I wish being his 6th year in the league Luck would openly light some of his O line up.  Manning would certainly be providing some feedback.  I am going to be surprised if Luck survives the season without being seriously hurt.  His decision making hasn't been great this year and I think the lack of protection is in his head.

I'm just so glad that the Indianapolis Colts traded Jerry Hughes to the Buffalo Bills a few years ago for who???

Well that was an entertaining game.  They give up 500+ yards of total offense to Hoyer and the Bears and still win.  Crazy.

If the Colts beat the Texans next week the Colts will be in first in the division. It is sad, but as I have been stating anything can happen in the AFC South.

GB

7 hours ago, GB4 said:

If the Colts beat the Texans next week the Colts will be in first in the division. It is sad, but as I have been stating anything can happen in the AFC South.

GB

Which teams will show up?  And I agree about the AFC South - ANYTHING can happen.

With the way things have been going this season the one the Jags played will show up next week.

GB

I don't know what to say about this coaching.

GB

Just when my Football Sunday was mired in sadness (not really as my team is expected to be bad, but not lose the way they did yesterday) the Colts continue to do one better.

Thank You Colts, saving my Sunday Funday