• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
itiswhatitis

2016 Colts

And if the Texans lose tonight the Colts are only one game back for the division. Could this division be any worse?

GB

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:55 PM, GB4 said:

And if the Texans lose tonight the Colts are only one game back for the division. Could this division be any worse?

GB

The Texans not only lost but could only manage 3 field goals.  AFC South = dumpster fire? 

• Upvote 1

Definitely a dumpster fire.

GB 

I really hope the Colts don't make the playoffs this year. they need a high draft pick and new coaching.

GB

GB, based on their play so far, I don't think you have much to worry about.  They are not good, but they'll keep chopping that tree, stacking the wood, build the monster.  Pagano needs to be gone.

• Upvote 1

I'm ready to concede that Andrew Luck really isn't the successor to Peyton Manning.   At least he doesn't seem to have that quality which elite NFL quarterbacks seem to have, that ability to make other players around him play better.

17 hours ago, raiderx2 said:

GB, based on their play so far, I don't think you have much to worry about.  They are not good, but they'll keep chopping that tree, stacking the wood, build the monster.  Pagano needs to be gone.

so much grit...

Pagano should have been fired this morning. Grigson this afternoon. Chudszinski, or however you spell it, at season's end along with Monnachino, or however you spell that. Clean house and start over.

I am starting to think the Titans are going to win the AFC South.

GB.

May I also add that I would have sent D'Qwell Jackson packing too as soon as he talked to the media and said that the team could be 0-8 so 3-5 isn't as bad as it could be.

Culture.

The past few weeks I have been in a discussion with my youngest son about clearing house in Indianapolis (including Luck).  Start a 3 year rebuilding process and stop with the band aid signings to try to patch a team together.  I feel for Frank Gore.  I had high hopes when the Colts signed him but by all appearances it was fool's gold.  You can't run without a line.  This team needs rebuilt from the O line out!  Stop with the old veteran signings and rebuild through the draft.  We've been calling for Pagano's head, but I think first and foremost they should FIRE the scouts.  They couldn't find sand on a beach let alone top talent coming into the NFL.  Take lessons from the Steelers and the Patriots!  Those 2 franchises have been the best (for years) at acquiring "no name" talent and turning them into bona fide NFL players.  And yes I know the Colts drafted a couple of O linemen in this year's draft, but it hasn't made one bit of difference.  It's a sad, sad thing to watch.  I am expecting a pummeling in Green Bay this weekend, on the field AND the scoreboard.

As dysfunctional as the Colts have been this season, the team flying under the radar as far as and equal amount of dysfunction is Green Bay. Rodgers has struggled for some time now. Sure he has shown glimpses of how good he used to be, but he is not the same. Something is "off" with him. Receivers cannot get open, there seems to be little to no energy or investment from the players. Even Rodgers has that "Cutler face" going. While the defense has been solid at times, they lack any consistency, and it is frustrating to see them spend so much time on the field because the offense is pathetic. Maybe it is time for Green Bay to clean house as well, because the dysfunctional Colts are making them look ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, Irishman said:

As dysfunctional as the Colts have been this season, the team flying under the radar as far as and equal amount of dysfunction is Green Bay. Rodgers has struggled for some time now. Sure he has shown glimpses of how good he used to be, but he is not the same. Something is "off" with him. Receivers cannot get open, there seems to be little to no energy or investment from the players. Even Rodgers has that "Cutler face" going. While the defense has been solid at times, they lack any consistency, and it is frustrating to see them spend so much time on the field because the offense is pathetic. Maybe it is time for Green Bay to clean house as well, because the dysfunctional Colts are making them look ridiculous. 

First off, congrats to Colts fans of getting another season of Pagano/Grigson...

As for Green Bay, I think they need to make a change at HC too. McCarthy just hasn't seemed to be able to get much change out of the team over the last few years. It seems to me that they are complacent just being contenders and are always relying on Rodgers to make plays and save the day.

Yesterday had to be embarrassing for them, will be interesting to see how they respond from here on out...

Too bad this win is followed by a bye week.  in two weeks, the Colts will have forgotten what it feels like to win.  They play the Titans at Indy so maybe, just maybe they can win that one.  Then again, my expectations for this season have dropped significantly so I won't hold my breath.

I will be in attendance this weekend to see the Colts take on the Titans. This is only my 2nd game. Does anyone have any suggestions food wise? Which concessions are best?

For the most part most of the concessions are the same. There are a few that have a few with different  types of food but for the most part there is nothing too special. I usually get to Indy around 9 or 930 and park in the garage on the corner of Maryland and Capitol which is about a few blocks from the stadium and $20 to park. On Illinois Street they have quite a few good places to eat. Personally, I like to eat at a little brunch place called First Watch or Le Peep. If you already know all this I apologize.

GB

Edited by GB4
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2016 at 1:12 PM, braaadly said:

I will be in attendance this weekend to see the Colts take on the Titans. This is only my 2nd game. Does anyone have any suggestions food wise? Which concessions are best?

The cool thing about this game is the 10 year reunion of the Super Bowl team at halftime.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/11/18/13679102/full-list-of-the-50-former-colts-expected-to-attend-this-weekend-s-super-bowl-reunion

GB

The Colts seemed to have gone from slow starts and strong finishes to strong starts and slow finishes. It would be nice to see a complete game but I do like the strong starts better.

GB

Luck is expected to be out of this Thanksgiving Day game due to a concussion.

GB

13 hours ago, GB4 said:

Luck is expected to be out of this Thanksgiving Day game due to a concussion.

GB

And just when the Colts were in position to challenge Houston for the South lead.  (thank you Raiders!)

5 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

And just when the Colts were in position to challenge Houston for the South lead.  (thank you Raiders!)

They truly can't catch a break. I am not a fan of Tolzien at all. I like Morris a lot better (I expect him to elevated from the Practice Squad sometime soon). That being said, with as many holes as this team has, I would rather them miss the playoffs and get a higher draft pick. Hopefully a new HC and GM, but I doubt it.

GB

4 minutes ago, GB4 said:

They truly can't catch a break. I am not a fan of Tolzien at all. I like Morris a lot better (I expect him to elevated from the Practice Squad sometime soon). That being said, with as many holes as this team has, I would rather them miss the playoffs and get a higher draft pick. Hopefully a new HC and GM, but I doubt it.

GB

I feel your pain.

• Upvote 1

If Morris isn't elevated that could indicate that Luck will be active. Dwayne Allen seems to think Luck will be out there.

GB

The Colts find themselves in a position to make a push for the lead in the AFC South.  Will they capitalize on it or fall flat?