• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
itiswhatitis

2016 Colts

Houston and Tennessee are both tied at the top of the AFC South division with 6 - 6 records and the Colts are at 5 - 6.  A win tonight against the Jets and there is a 3 way tie.  However, the Colts have beaten the Titans twice already and lost (in OT) to Houston with one game to be played against them (at Indy).  So the Colts have the tie breaker with the Titans.  A win next week against Houston and the Colts will be at the top.  Every game now is a MUST win if the Colts still want to make the playoffs. 

Edited by itiswhatitis

The AFC South is so terrible.

GB 

11 minutes ago, GB4 said:

The AFC South is so terrible.

GB 

Can't speak for the other teams, but several injuries have hurt the Colts.  I know the Texans lost JJ Watt but don't know about the Titans or the Jags.  Of course the Jags have been terrible for a while now.  They've pretty much been the cellar dweller in the AFC South.  I had people tell me how they would be improved this year.  I guess beating the Colts in London was the improvement because they are still in the cellar.  LOL

• Upvote 1

The Texans have a good defense (Great when Watt is healthy) but their offense is bad. I thought Lamar Miller would fix that when they  signed him and Osweiler is probably a bottom 5 starter in the league.

I think the Titans have the best all around team in the South. If they get some DB help in the off-season they could be a force next year.

I will admit I though the Jags had all the pieces to be at least better than what they are this year. Bortles and coaching seem to be there biggest problem. They are a very undisciplined team.

The Colts are what they are LOL. 

I genuinely thought the South would take a huge step forward this season.

GB 

Osweiller is garbage, Houston will be bad for a while unless they start playing ground and pound and build around the run game.

Colt's defense and coaching is garbage, should still win the division this year.

Tennessee is a couple years of continued progress and good drafting away from being good

Jacksonville has taken 3 steps back after 1 step forward last year. I was really high on Bortles coming out of college, but it just hasn't happened. I saw some rumor about them being interested in hiring Tom Coughlin as HC; I think a veteran coach with hard nosed discipline would be good for them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FishDuck said:

Osweiller is garbage, Houston will be bad for a while unless they start playing ground and pound and build around the run game.

Colt's defense and coaching is garbage, should still win the division this year.

Tennessee is a couple years of continued progress and good drafting away from being good

Jacksonville has taken 3 steps back after 1 step forward last year. I was really high on Bortles coming out of college, but it just hasn't happened. I saw some rumor about them being interested in hiring Tom Coughlin as HC; I think a veteran coach with hard nosed discipline would be good for them.

There was a reason that Denver let him walk.  I think the Titans have their qb.  He's had a fairly good season.  Tennessee is a few pieces away from winning the South or contending for it for a while.  Jacksonville is only 3 games better than the Browns.  Enough said about that.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Jacksonville is only 3 games better than the Browns.  Enough said about that.

Let's not give them too much credit Lol. It's only 2.

GB 

The Colts finally came to play. They can smell the division within their grasps and came out with their foot on the gas. Hopefully they can do it again next week!

GB 

13 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Go Vinteri 

Do not GO TY HILTON 

Shooo, that was a close one $$$$  Thank you very much 

13 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Shooo, that was a close one $$$$  Thank you ver

When T.Y. dropped that last pass from Luck it made me lose my fantasy by .48 points 

GB 

The Colts margin of victory in their first five games was 30 points. Tonight's victory they won by 31.

GB 

Edited by GB4

15 hours ago, GB4 said:

Let's not give them too much credit Lol. It's only 2.

GB 

And so it is.  Oops.  Got them confused with the 3 win Jets.  At any rate, if the Colts could play the Titans and the Jets every other week, they might have a chance to go undefeated.  LOL  They'd probably find a way to mess that up.  I'm not too thrilled over this beat down of the Jets.  They (the Jets) would be bottom feeders in just about any division in the NFL.  Maybe not the AFC North, but most others.  Now they have to beat the Texans next week.  At least for this week they are tied for first.  8 - 8 just may win the AFC South.  Sad.

I am thrilled with the win just for the fact that they actually played a complete game.

GB 

The Colts looked good last night, granted the Jets didn't appear to want to be there, but it was still improvement for Indy. As crazy as it is, I think they are still going to end up winning the division and hosting the Broncos or Chiefs first round of the playoffs.

11 hours ago, GB4 said:

When T.Y. dropped that last pass from Luck it made me lose my fantasy by .48 points ?.

GB 

The Colts margin of victory in their first five games was 30 points. Tonight's victory they won by 31.

GB 

And that drop which led to the FG allowed me to win by 2.8 points!!!   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GB4 said:

I am thrilled with the win just for the fact that they actually played a complete game.

GB 

Don't be mistaken, I am happy with a win.  I just don't think it was as "complete" of a game as it appeared to be.  You could tell in that first quarter the Jets didn't seem too interested in playing.  Even Gruden was saying that and trashing them during the broadcast.  Their defense looked like they were confused, befuddled, and in disarray for most of that first half.  Not to mention they had no discipline either (3 personal fouls?).  The final score says it was a beat down, but I have to give the Jets some of the credit (or should that be discredit?) for the part they "played".  I've trashed the Colts sometimes for coming out and not being ready to play.  Last night the Jets set back NFL football by 20 years (at least in the first half) in the readiness category.  LOL  The Colts played well, but (I feel) part of that was on the Jets.  The Jets are a dumpster fire.

• Upvote 1

LB D'qwell Jackson is suspended the rest of the regular season for violating the NFL's PED Policy.

GB 

15 hours ago, GB4 said:

LB D'qwell Jackson is suspended the rest of the regular season for violating the NFL's PED Policy.

GB 

Must have just renewed his membership to the Old Footballer's Club with Robert Mathis :13:

• Downvote 1

I know Vinatieri is good, but I don't understand going for a 56 yard FG right before half. It gives the Texans the ball at midfield  Let McAfee do his thing and pin them deep and get the ball after half. Instead of going into half down 7 the Colts now go into half down 10.

GB 

Just now, Irishman said:

And how is Dorsett still in the line up? :10:

Beats me LOL. These same coaches also called a screen on 4th and 1 with a minute to go in the game, so I am not sure they even know what they are doing. In all honesty though with the Colts having so many injuries in the DB area the Colts only have 4 WRs and Moncrief tweaked his hamstring early in the game. That only explains today's game though.

:54:

GB 

regardless  of the coaches call concerning the screen.......the final call rested with Luck........why didn't he audible?

I would say it is official - the Colts can look forward to the offseason now.  What a huge disappointment.  Houston ran over, around, and through them on defense and the Colts offense was mediocre at best.  Time to call an audible and rebuild the team.  Even with healthy players, this team just doesn't have what it takes to play at the upper level and compete for a championship.  I understand injuries decimate a team, but why do the Colts get so many year after year now?  Just bad luck?

15 hours ago, Irishman said:

And how is Dorsett still in the line up? :10:

I saw a pretty funny tweet that said Dorsett has to be in the top 5 in the league in passes deflected LOL

15 hours ago, GB4 said:

Beats me LOL. These same coaches also called a screen on 4th and 1 with a minute to go in the game, so I am not sure they even know what they are doing. In all honesty though with the Colts having so many injuries in the DB area the Colts only have 4 WRs and Moncrief tweaked his hamstring early in the game. That only explains today's game though.

:54:

GB 

And they ran out of the same formation that they lined up in before the time out...so Houston had a chance to see the formation, huddle together and discuss every possible play type they could run out of it. Why not come out in something different after the timeout?

Before the play I was thinking they would run Hilton on a decoy route and look for Doyle coming off of it to get the first down...never thought they would throw it to Turbin, I guess if it would have worked they would have looked like geniuses but c'mon...

• Upvote 2

With one more loss the Colts will be eliminated from playoff contention.

GB