• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titan32

SIAC 2016

19 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Is this the same Szabo that coached at BNL?

It is. He was at Harrison as an assistant before the BNL gig. Now back in E'ville.

23 hours ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

And north had EM down 14-0 before losing 28-14

I've heard several say that North's problem (even over several years) is that they just can't hold it together for 4 quarters. Like the Memorial game, their first half against Castle was troubling - they looked solid. Second half seemed like we weren't even playing the same team. Curious what might cause that in multiple years... lack of adjustments? lack of depth? lack of conditioning?

Whatever it is, I'm hoping they don't figure it out tomorrow.
Now that Harrison is back in the mix, I'd say North is the new sleeping giant. 1,500 students and plenty of athletes.

I think adjustments.  They ran same 6 plays in the 2nd half vs EM.  I think they had like 60 total yards in 2nd half.  

I think teams in SIAC have to have balance on offense. North is so 1 dimensional.  

Harrison will struggle next several years IMO.  Unless they get several transfers like 2015.  

1 minute ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

I think adjustments.  They ran same 6 plays in the 2nd half vs EM.  I think they had like 60 total yards in 2nd half.  

I think teams in SIAC have to have balance on offense. North is so 1 dimensional.  

I think our D held them to 15 total yards in the 2nd half. After giving up 21 points in the first half. Bizarre.

Week two of the playoffs is in the books, and unfortunately, two more of our SIAC brethren fell in games against conference foes this week as North dropped a heartbreaker to Castle, and Central was upended by Reitz. In non conference action, MD, Memorial, and Harrison all advanced bringing the conference record against non conference foes to an incredible 20-3 for the year. 

Next week, we have conference foes meeting in only one class (4A) as Reitz travels to Harrison as the last of the conference foes meet for the year. Good luck and safe games to everyone still alive in the playoffs. Let's bring home four sectional titles. 

Maybe one of the weekest out of conference schedules from top to bottom in the State. Including the Panthers.

10 minutes ago, reitzfan98 said:

Maybe one of the weekest out of conference schedules from top to bottom in the State. Including the Panthers.

Only two teams that were quality opponents. GS for Memorial and Tri West for MD

I'd be a little surprised if the SIAC doesn't come home with 4 sectional titles in a week's time. Mater Dei is a shoo in, Memorial shouldn't have too much trouble with Sullivan, and Harrison probably won't be able to get past Reitz. Castle is the only team I'm not 100% sure of, but they're still my favorite. 

1 hour ago, reitzfan98 said:

Did a quick count, may be errors, but in season out of conference opponents are 67-77, only one of the 10 Indiana schools is still alive in playoffs (TH North).  Does not include playoff opponents.

On 10/29/2016 at 11:41 AM, reitzfan98 said:

Not sure what your beef is with the conference.  Yes, I think a few teams in conference scheduled some easy W's. Overall it's still an up year for the conference.  

http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/Indiana_leagues.htm

Middle of the pack SOS, yet still 23-6. Rated 6th overall.

14 hours ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Any fans have scouting reports on Sullivan, Floyd Central, and South Spencer? 

South Spencer has size, and some really good athletes. When North Posey played them (week 1) they were out of shape and lacked discipline but you could tell they had talent. They have the potential to give MD a close game for 3 qts.(similar to NP) but I expect MD to prevail easily by the end.

18 hours ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Any fans have scouting reports on Sullivan, Floyd Central, and South Spencer? 

FC has a  solid run D but depth maybe an issue. Secondary lacks speed that makes them vulnerable in passing game. Not good for FC  if Keller is healthy.  Loss to Seymour doesn't look bad as Seymour is one of hottest teams with 8 straight wins.

FC played East tough for first half but got blown out in 3Q. FC is primary run and passing is not very effective. The team has really confused me over the years. They will run the ball effectively then for some reason they lose their mind...start turning ball over, and start passing or trying some gimmick plays. 

With that being said this is best FC team in recent years.  

Im totally scrapping the NA game as any reference because Castle seems to be a team that gets better each week and turns it up at tourney time. 

Sullivan has athletes and some decent size. They have quick receivers and a dangerous passing game. Their defense isn't the best, but they can make plays. I expect a close game at first, but Memorial will pull through.

Looks like 3 sectional champs so far in Reitz, MD, and Memorial. If Castle can pull it out and give the SIAC 4 it would be awesome. When's the last time they did that?

Four sectional titles in four classes. 23-3 against non conference opponents as the only conference team that lost was Harrison to Reitz. Let's keep the train rolling. 

Truly impressive performance from SIAC.

The East Central and Reitz game next week in the Bowl could be slobber knocker between two traditional powerhouses in 4A. 

Would be nice to see all 4 advance.  I doubt that has ever happened having 4 teams from one conference winning regional.  Reitz and MD stand the best chance.

1 hour ago, Panther86 said:

Would be nice to see all 4 advance.  I doubt that has ever happened having 4 teams from one conference winning regional.  Reitz and MD stand the best chance.

I understand from another thread on this topic that back in in 2002, the SAC had Regional Champions in 4 Classes:

Luers in 2A, Concordia in 3A, Dwenger in 4A, and Snider in 5A.  There are no 1A teams in the SAC and no 6A yet in 2002.

Pretty impressive.  It would be great to see the SIAC duplicate this feat next week!

Best of luck to all SIAC schools playing for a Regional Championship!

#SIACFB

On 11/5/2016 at 0:11 PM, MDAlum82 said:

I understand from another thread on this topic that back in in 2002, the SAC had Regional Champions in 4 Classes:

Luers in 2A, Concordia in 3A, Dwenger in 4A, and Snider in 5A.  There are no 1A teams in the SAC and no 6A yet in 2002.

Pretty impressive.  It would be great to see the SIAC duplicate this feat next week!

Both conferences are in a similar situation this year.  SAC with 3 teams left and the SIAC with 4.  Both conferences could very well go undefeated this week, however both could lose all games this week as there are no easy games left.

I will be rooting for both conferences to send as many teams to state as possible.  Nothing against the Indy area teams, just nice to see some different teams for a change.