Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern @ Mt. Carmel IL

Gibson Southern (0-1) at Mount Carmel (Ill.)
GAME TIME: 8 pm ET, Mount Carmel (Ill.).
COACHES: Nick Hart, 115-22 in 12th year at Gibson Southern. .
LAST SEASON'S SAGARIN RATINGS: Gibson Southern, 75.99, 36th overall, 2nd in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Gibson Southern lost to Boyle County (Ky.), 36-6.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Gibson Southern 0-0.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.

image.png.7fd01ef1024651de72daa326468bdc21.png

image.png.9611488cd8a1f4aecc947bb0c00c3461.png

Well I was unable to make the Boyle County game however I'm sure we learned a lot in the loss.  I fully expect a rebound against Mt. Carmel for our first win.  That being said it won't be a cake walk.  Looking forward to seeing GS for the first time this year.  8:00 pm starting time??  I might need to take a nap before I head out of Fort Branch.  lol.        

1 hour ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Well I was unable to make the Boyle County game however I'm sure we learned a lot in the loss.  I fully expect a rebound against Mt. Carmel for our first win.  That being said it won't be a cake walk.  Looking forward to seeing GS for the first time this year.  8:00 pm starting time??  I might need to take a nap before I head out of Fort Branch.  lol.        

Those John Harrell times are eastern.  It's 7:00 Central.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:26 AM, WabashWolf said:

Been waiting for OV to get this opportunity since week 1. OV throttled TH South in a scrimmage this summer (heard from an inside source), and Coach Hart must've brought his lucky rabbit foot to THS week 1... OV would still be 10-0 if they traded schedules. Actually think WIC is tougher this year. OV by 20+ ... Sayonara baby!

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Hold up...been changed to 8:00 CST due to heat.

That makes sense.  

21 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

32, do we know when the gates open?  I've heard fans all set on the same side, is that true?  These are all questions your old neighbor is asking.  I'm his huckleberry lol

Not sure when they open but all fans on the same side is no longer true...they have some new visitor bleachers down by the field.

23 minutes ago, tango said:

Bring some powerful bug spray. That might be the most mosquito invested place I've ever been..

Have @Titan32 take you down to the old red covered bridge sometime, you can pet mosquito's while exploring Gibson County History

FB0ED40D-F49D-4791-B04F-45687BDCB890.png

Edited by Cappy
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

That is all the bleachers they have for both sides???  That is worse than Forest Park!  At least at Forest Park, all the FP people leave after the band plays.

No...the home side is the historic ultra elevated snake pit seating.  These pics are before the remodel and turf.

image.png.0f5eb86463ab113c81167cd80d9c7263.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I'd like that very much and by the way you win tonight by a ton.  

I'll tell you who will win by a ton tonight.  Southridge.  I am friends with a bunch of folks over there and after the week those boys have had, they will be ready to take their aggression out on Boonville.  It is an understatement to say that Coach B wasn't happy with his 20ish seniors after last Friday.

I'm glad we aren't playing Southridge again this week....I digress, talk for a different thread.

Represent the PAC and bring the BOOM across the Wabash tonight!

• Like 1