Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 2

Eastbrook-Concordia....Again another good long term matchup for the Cadets, but not this year....Eastbrook by 28

Bishop Dwenger-Moeller...Whats better, schedule two easier games and starting 2-0 or getting smoked against two teams at the top of their states biggest classes? I'm holding out anymore judgment on BD until next weeks matchup against North....Moeller by 35

North Side-Lawrence North...North not scoring an offensive TD is a big red flag. I don't think Tae can make that big of a difference, especially in this heat imagine cramping will continue to be an issue...LN by 21

Snider-East Noble...Snider showed they are a force in 5A, I think EN has a chance to be competitive but think that Week 1 win over Luers may turn out to be less impressive as time goes on...Snider by 17

Wayne-Northrop...Neither team could find a 2nd opponent out of conference, which isn't super surprising. Wayne has a chance to follow up their opening week with another big win..Wayne by 14

Homestead-Noblesville...Homestead made a statement last week hanging with Carmel. If it was for real, they should have no problem against a lesser team from Hamilton County...Homestead by 10

New Haven-Bishop Luers...Luers struggled with EN offense, how are they going to handle an even more dynamic force? Could be another ugly one...NH by 24

St. Joseph-South Side..an interesting matchup, don't know much about St.Joe except they've been below average the last few years. Hopefully South can keep the momentum going..St.Joe by 8

Warren Central-Carroll...both teams coming off of disappointing losses in Week 1. Think Carroll needs to come out and show 6A that they are still a force and can do what Snider did to WC...Carroll by 17

3 hours ago, IPFWFootball said:

Eastbrook-Concordia....Again another good long term matchup for the Cadets, but not this year....Eastbrook by 28

Bishop Dwenger-Moeller...Whats better, schedule two easier games and starting 2-0 or getting smoked against two teams at the top of their states biggest classes? I'm holding out anymore judgment on BD until next weeks matchup against North....Moeller by 35

North Side-Lawrence North...North not scoring an offensive TD is a big red flag. I don't think Tae can make that big of a difference, especially in this heat imagine cramping will continue to be an issue...LN by 21

Snider-East Noble...Snider showed they are a force in 5A, I think EN has a chance to be competitive but think that Week 1 win over Luers may turn out to be less impressive as time goes on...Snider by 17

Wayne-Northrop...Neither team could find a 2nd opponent out of conference, which isn't super surprising. Wayne has a chance to follow up their opening week with another big win..Wayne by 14

Homestead-Noblesville...Homestead made a statement last week hanging with Carmel. If it was for real, they should have no problem against a lesser team from Hamilton County...Homestead by 10

New Haven-Bishop Luers...Luers struggled with EN offense, how are they going to handle an even more dynamic force? Could be another ugly one...NH by 24

St. Joseph-South Side..an interesting matchup, don't know much about St.Joe except they've been below average the last few years. Hopefully South can keep the momentum going..St.Joe by 8

Warren Central-Carroll...both teams coming off of disappointing losses in Week 1. Think Carroll needs to come out and show 6A that they are still a force and can do what Snider did to WC...Carroll by 17

Ditto on seven of your picks and the margins.  

I've got Noblesville over Homestead by 7. I think they are prototypical for the HCC. I certainly wouldn't describe them as "lesser." The Millers showed progress in Coach Sharpe's third season. I'm betting on more improvement this year. One thing is for sure though, Homestead won't overlook this team like they did the last time they played. 

I'll take Carroll over Warren Central by 7. The difference in this game will be the level of play in the offensive skill positions. Warren Central will improve from last week, but not enough to slow down Jimmy Sullivan and company for the win. Don't count the Warriors out just yet. They are big and they are athletic. Now it's just a matter of putting it together. Eight more weeks to do that. 

East Noble over Snider by 7. This game eerily reminds me of 1993 when the Panthers played Homestead for the first time ever. They coasted into that game and wasn't ready for the truck that ran them over. This is their first meeting ever with East Noble. Snider's struggled against good passing teams in past. Upset special of the week. 

Eastbrook 42 - Concordia 13 - Cadets start 0-2

Moeller 56 - Dwenger - Saints in a for a long year

Lawrence North 41 - North Side 14 - Legends start 0-2 which may surprise some people 

Snider 35 - East Noble 14 - Not sure why some are calling for the upset here, don’t care what East Noble did to Luers last week, Snider ain’t no Luers folks. Panthers roll in this one

Wayne 41 - Northrop 13 - Bruins are really bad folks 

Homestead 28 - Noblesville 20 - Sparty needs this one

New Haven 56 -Luers 14 - Bulldogs roll big here

St Joe 34 - South Side 12 - Archers missed a big chance at a win last week

Carroll 35 - Warren Central 21 - Chargers avoid an 0-2 start

On 8/21/2023 at 2:47 PM, jakone said:

Eastbrook at Concordia

Dwenger at Moeller

North Side at Lawrence North

Snider at East Noble

Wayne at Northrop

Homestead at Noblesville

New Haven at Luers

St. Joseph at South Side

Warren Central at Carroll

Concordia

Cincinnati Moeller

Lawrence North

Snider

Wayne

Noblesville

New Haven

South Side

Carroll

Eastbrook at Concordia....Concordia will take time to get back to where they once were....Panthers by 28

Dwenger at Moeller.....Moeller by as many as they want, any bets on Dwenger starting the season 0-5??   Moeller by 50+

North Side at Lawrence North.....NorthSide is overrated, yeah I said it.  They need some semblance of decent QB play to turn this season around and get ANY hope for the playoffs.......Wildcats by 21

Snider at East Noble.....SAC game of the week.   East Noble MUCH better than last year, just not good enough to topple the best team in the SAC (yeah I said it)....Panthers by 14

Wayne at Northrop.....Northrop looked bad vs the Dawgs last week while Wayne beat up on a cupcake.....Wayne with more smoke and mirrors will look again again (until they play someone legit)....Generals by 20

Homestead at Noblesville...Sparty looked impressive against Carmel, they rebound this week.....Spartans by 7

New Haven at Luers....Luers was taken behind the woodshed last week by a NE8 contender, they stay behind the woodshed this week.....Dawgs by 21

St. Joseph at South Side....Archers were close last week, pulling for Coach Goodwell and SS this week to get in the win column....Archers by 1

Warren Central at Carroll....Carroll got one put on them a little bit last week and now face a team Snider handled with ease, they need a similar result as the Panthers if they want to be seen as the tops in the SAC......Chargers by 12

22 hours ago, BTF said:

East Noble over Snider by 7. This game eerily reminds me of 1993 when the Panthers played Homestead for the first time ever. They coasted into that game and wasn't ready for the truck that ran them over. This is their first meeting ever with East Noble. Snider's struggled against good passing teams in past. Upset special of the week. 

No disrespect to the Knights, but picking them over Snider after what the Panthers did to Warren last week is pure lunacy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:47 PM, jakone said:

Eastbrook at Concordia

Dwenger at Moeller

North Side at Lawrence North

Snider at East Noble

Wayne at Northrop

Homestead at Noblesville

New Haven at Luers

St. Joseph at South Side

Warren Central at Carroll

Eastbrook over Concordia

Moeller over Dwenger 59-3

Snider over East Noble by 28

Wayne over Northrop by 21

Noblesville over HHS by 21

New Haven over Luers by 21

St Joe over South by 17

Carroll over Warren by 10

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

No disrespect to the Knights, but picking them over Snider after what the Panthers did to Warren last week is pure lunacy.

@BTF  

Sorry, but I must concur.  Not so fast with a "Panther collapse".  It may be close, but this is more of a 'tell' about EN, than it should be about R. Nelson Snider.  

13 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

No love for my Warriors I see

I think it'll take a few weeks for Warren's offensive skill guys to come together. I have Carroll winning the game for that reason. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Warren wins. They have the size and talent. I think most posters are thinking that if Snider beat Warren, then Carroll should to. Maybe Snider's just THAT good and maybe Carroll's not the team to beat in the SAC based off of a couple of years of prosperity. Can't draw too many conclusions from only Week 1. Who knows, if Homestead beats Noblesville, we might be calling the Spartan's the leading contender for the SAC title. Week 2 will tell us more. 

14 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

No love for my Warriors I see

Considering that Carroll is suppose to be better than Snider who just bulldozed Warren in their crib by 22 points when it should have been 40 points and now Warren is going to Carroll, no respect has been earned. Beat Carroll in their house and you will get respect 

24 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Can someone explain to me why Dwenger is getting dropped down to 4A when it’s not a reclassification year?

Because they were missed.

Dwenger filled an appeal and it took the IHSAA this long to address it.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Sorry. Usually I’m on top of stuff like this but this one slipped under my radar. What do you mean by they were “missed”?

Slide over to the 4A North thread. There is a link there that spells it out. 

In April 2022, the IHSAA Executive Committee determined that the eight schools who earned at least one point during the 2021-22 school year to continue playing in a higher classification due to the Tournament Success Factor, would be reevaluated after the 2022-23 school year. Schools who failed to earn a point during the 2021-22 school year while playing in a higher class were returned to the next lower class for the next two years. This was to prevent schools from playing three consecutive years in a higher classification when their tournament results do not merit that placement.  Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger’s football team was the only school that did not earn a point in 2022-23 and thus drops from Class 5A to their enrollment class of Class 4A which leaves only three teams in Sectional 12 for the 2023 State Tournament. Bishop Dwenger has been assigned to Sectional 19 which as a result created a domino effect causing Columbia City, Muncie Central, Connersville and Bedford North Lawrence to change sectionals. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

In April 2022, the IHSAA Executive Committee determined that the eight schools who earned at least one point during the 2021-22 school year to continue playing in a higher classification due to the Tournament Success Factor, would be reevaluated after the 2022-23 school year. Schools who failed to earn a point during the 2021-22 school year while playing in a higher class were returned to the next lower class for the next two years. This was to prevent schools from playing three consecutive years in a higher classification when their tournament results do not merit that placement.  Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger’s football team was the only school that did not earn a point in 2022-23 and thus drops from Class 5A to their enrollment class of Class 4A which leaves only three teams in Sectional 12 for the 2023 State Tournament. Bishop Dwenger has been assigned to Sectional 19 which as a result created a domino effect causing Columbia City, Muncie Central, Connersville and Bedford North Lawrence to change sectionals. 

Thank you very much. I thought the 2021 reclassification was for two years for everybody regardless of the situation. I really appreciate you clearing it up for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

Dwenger currently belong in 4a..executive committee...nice